PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Are we running fuel burn and pit stops this week?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I hope so. Shakes it up a little bit
  3. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    We would be running the risk of the glitch Coyote suffered in RD 1 occurring again, but this time in the middle of the race. I would personally hate to lose a race by a tiny margin for being held in the pits for 5 or 10 seconds with no reason to it. Word is that it happened to a few guys leading up to the first round and I believe that’s why @stucar17 turned it off. Would like to see the new update before turning back on imo
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  4. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Is not that people are being held because there are other cars moving behind them and it would be a unsafe release?
  5. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    I queried the same thing, as far as I’m aware...no it’s literally just holding for the sake of holding
  6. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Nope.
  7. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    There was also word that people started off on differing fuel amounts.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah there's that too, apparently some people were starting with fuel that wouldn't even get them home. Until these bugs (that have the potential to ruin someone's race) are fixed it's best to leave fuel burn and pit stops off. There's no strategy anyway except for the enduro and maybe the wet to dry round.
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

great run tonight fellas. everything seemed way more stable
    ive done a lot of running at Fuji since i joined rooz a year ago, so v happy to be on the pace
    fuji san has a v unique place in the Japanese culture & ive spent a lot of time there but never got to the tracks. ever since vettel took MW out there in a wet race for the lead ive always wanted a second race for the f1's in japan
    see you sunday
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  10. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Same regs as last week mate, till the patch hits and we can confirm it wont ruin anyone's race. Shame, i like the strategy aspect, but they are glitches, and not able to be controlled....

Driver briefing will be up in about 30 mins.....
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ROUND 2
    : (12/11/17) FUJI - 27 LAPS - 28/8/17
    - Qualifying @ 2pm - (1 weather slot - Light cloud)
    - Race Start @3pm - Light cloud / Med cloud / clear / Light cloud
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    - Damage : OFF
    - MANUAL PIT : OFF (should auto drive you out of pits in qual)

Ok Guys, first off well done last week....was some great racing across all 4 divs, what its all about !
    We will be running NO PIT STOPS and NO FUEL BURN up untill the the new patch hits. Effectively makes each round a sprint round.

@v8power383 will be hosting this week, barring any unforeseen issues......From the testing we did last night seems that it should be ok however we all know there are no guarantees.....

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Its a very fast run into turn 1 at this track, If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Turn 3 (coca cola corner) can also be a bit of a pinch point on lap 1, ending in a big accident so be careful though there till the grid shakes out.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There is advantage in a couple of spots, EXIT TURN 1 - Turns 3 through to 6 (100R), and the EXIT onto the main straight. Has to be pointed out though, running wide at certain spots really compromises the entry into the next turn.....If you see someone continually running wide to gain an advantage please PM your room captain....

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    [​IMG]
    v8power383 likes this.
  12. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Nice work as usual Stu :thumbsup:
    v8power383 likes this.
  13. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    v8power383 likes this.
  14. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Good luck tonight gentlemen , most of all enjoy .
    stucar17 likes this.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, it's time for a refresher on Mic Etiquette as things have been getting more than a little loose again....

A reminder for EVERYONE that if you are in a ROOZ room your 'chat' in that room is a direct reflection of ROOZ.

- Abuse of any kind is not acceptable.
    - in a private chat, members should be mindful of who is in that chat and be aware of appropriate language
    - THE IN GAME CHAT GOES THROUGH PEOPLE'S TVS, SO ANYTHING SAID CAN BE HEARD BY EVERYONE WITHIN EARSHOT OF THEIR TV....

Please have a quick read in the link below, we don't want anyone overstepping the mark.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/important-mic-ettequite-please-read.432/

Stu
  16. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Who's hosting?
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I won't make it tonight, not feeling the best.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sorry guys.

Went to pit on about lap 7 and the stupid thing drove me back out onto the track.
    After the crap that happened at the start wasn’t in the right head space to race.
    Apologies to anyone my ai got in the way of at turn 1. All I got was qual Times.
    SUBGTRACER and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  19. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
  20. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Well that was lonely! I made a few silly mistakes and dropped off the back of Slambo’s bumper after pressuring him for a few laps and poking my nose at him :( Ran around with no one near me for the next 20 odd laps :laugh:
    Sorry about lap 1 @AOCleaner74 through I think it was 100R, not sure quite what happened on your end but I ended up being pushed into the grass so nothing I could do, sorry, wish we could’ve got through there cleanly.