PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1. @@clynt reynolds
    2. @@nigegunz
    3. @@dj2ca
    4. @@VARDZ
    5. @@Nathan Storrier
    6. @@Bounty05
    7.@@SuiCid3
    8. @@stilesy
    9. @@garyw61
    10. @@Jim_aka_The_Man
    11. @@Telum familiaGTR
    12. @@ned83
    13. @disturboed
    14. @truss84 (friend of ned- need to check speed !)

Ok guys, Have the track list locked and loaded ready to be announced later tonight at about 6.
    @@clynt reynolds i have slotted you back here to div 2, still provisional at this stage before round 1....if there are any new guys that have been on and i have missed them please let me know asap.....there is room to add new drivers and i will be having a bit of a push on facebook, gtplanet and the pCARS forums to try to get any new drivers......Anyone that gets a new member to join and stick out the season will get an extra ticket in the end of season prize draw.....This will apply for all platforms in the interest of full grids @@Hatfield

@Bounty05 If room captains could have rooms open at about 7:30 and maybe run 6 lap races with compulsory pit stops....Please have manual pit stops ON and TRACK LIMIT PENALTIES OFF. Driving line may be used.

Any problems let me know
    Stu
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    garyw61 and Bounty05 like this.
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK Everyone...please take 2 mins to read ! (will update OP when i get time !)
    Here is our track list for the first season of PCARS 2.
    Have run with tracks that are reasonably wide, lots of passing spots, and should give us some great racing. 4 new tracks and some classics we have run before. The tyre wear 'should' see most drivers not needing to change rubber, and fuel should not be an issue, apart from the enduro, however i am not sure if more fuel will be needed. There is a mix of start times, track temps and this time i have set qual to be an hour before race start.

This new game has a much better pit stop option, meaning you can change your strategy on the fly. Manual pitstops are also a new addition, meaning you have control of your car in the pitlane, and need to manually drive into your pitbay. In the options make sure you have "pit bay notification" ON, so you know what bay is yours. You also NEED TO SLOW TO BELOW 60 KLM BY THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL RECEIVE A PENALTY. You also need to stay within the pit entry and pit exit lines to avoid a warning or penalty. ! Gone are the days of belting in and letting the game take control of your car !

We will be running the "TRACK LIMIT PENALTIES OFF" to avoid drivers getting penalties if they are hit from behind, and this means we will be running the usual ROOZ track limit regs of ripple strips or white line as the track limit. Drivers continually exceeding track limits can expect a penalty.

We have 4 normal races, a sprint as usual, wet to dry race, twilight race and the enduro to finish of the season. IF there are any glaring issues with the regs as they are posted, the mod team reserves the right to adjust accordingly. Its rumored there is another patch due very soon which may see us need to adjust again, but will cross that road when it comes.

R1. WATKINS GLEN - 26 LAPS - 1/6/17
    - Qual Time @1pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time @2pm - Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Light cloud / Clear

- Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    R2. FUJI - 27 LAPS - 28/8/17
    - Qualifying @ 2pm - (1 weather slot - Light cloud)
    - Race Start @3pm - Light cloud / Med cloud / clear / Light cloud
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R3. NURBURGRING GP - 23 LAPS - 21/8/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - (1 weather slot Medium Cloud)
    Race Start @ 2pm - Med cloud / light cloud / clear / Heavy cloud
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R4. REDBULL RING -
    SPRINT ROUND
    - 1x 16 lap / 1x 17 lap race (includes formation lap) - 10/6/17
    Qualifying @ 3pm - Light Cloud
    Race Start @ 4pm - Light cloud / clear
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R5. BARCELONA GP - 25 LAPS - WET - DRY RACE - 1/6/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - Light rain
    Race Start @ 2pm - Light rain / overcast / light cloud / clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R6. INDY ROAD - TWILIGHT RACE - 32 LAPS - 1/7/17
    Qualifying @ 7pm - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 8pm - light cloud / clear / light cloud / clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    R7. CIRCUIT of THE AMERICAS - ENDURO - 40 LAPS - 1/6/17
    Qualifying @ 9am - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 10am - Clear / Light Cloud / Med Cloud / Heavy Cloud
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop
  3. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Niiiiiice
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Dates are a bit off, LOL,

but anyways, i wont be here for Round 1, so just letting youse all know......
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    What do you mean ?? I’m confused !
  6. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    I'm away next weekend, so won't be here :(
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Dates are dates to set for the race not the actual date
  8. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    yea nvm me, worked that during tonight. lolz.

ignore me stu, just carry on.
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Apologies for the last couple of races.
    Son had an accident and had to clean him up, which then led to me forgetting to turn a tap off, which resulted in half the kitchen flooding... if I caught it a little later, that would have been the end of all my home theatre stuff.... :mad::mad:
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

good save suicid3!
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

it really is an F1 track list, but as Stu said heaps of room for racing. if kast night is anythign to go by we are in for a cracking season
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

it was hilarious to be back at a wet (albeit briefly) barca after 66 laps there on thur night all on inters
    i decided to test the wets out in the dry & they weren't toooo bad
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Going to be a cracking season.
    No one seems out of place here. Everyone has good overall pace if not outright speed.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Good luck everyone for Sunday night. Filthy that i miss one of my favorite circuits in The Glen. Catch ya all for round 2
    nigegunz likes this.
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

psn slapntickle is who on this site? hard to keep up when the names are different
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @SLAPNTICKLE @VARDZ
  17. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    If I ain’t quick in Sunday I hope something like last night can be recreated. Had an awesome battle with @nigegunz over the 7 lap race distance. Beautiful defending, I was doing everything I could to squeeze through
    nigegunz likes this.
  18. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

If you are having a battle and its clean fun as far as I'm concerned I could be last and still enjoy it. It doesn't have to be fast to be enjoyed. (That's what she said) hehe
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  19. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 1 - SEASON 1
    - WATKINS GLEN
    - 26 LAPS - 1/6/17
    - Qual Time @1pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time @2pm - Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - PIT LANE CLOSED FOR QUALIFYING
    [​IMG]

OK Guys .... We have a few new drivers who need to be up on how we go about our league racing, and im sure there are a few of us who wouldn't mind a reminder of what is expected !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Round 1 is generally the most common where we see contact issues, particularly if we have drivers who havent done a lot of practice. If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the bus top will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in teh first race of the season ;)
    TRACK LIMITS : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. The obvious point this can be exploited is TURN 1, drivers continually running past the ripple strip to gain advantage will be penalised post race with a time penalty. The other obvious spots are THE BUS STOP, the EXIT OF 8 and finally the EXIT OF 10.
    CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing....
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags
    , and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    garyw61 and SuiCid3 like this.