PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Understood chief
    SUBGTRACER likes this.
  2. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    P12: smokey085 (left session)

[​IMG]
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well that was a fun night !
    Sorry for the mess around everyone.
    Well done to the podium guys.
    Buggered if I know where I’ll be next week. ..... maybe mars .....
    Stu.
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Amazed i got pole, so that's my first Div 2 pole right there.

Then i threw it all away before the lights even came on, by having my foot slip off the clutch and the car lurched forward giving me a drive through. lucky i had my foot on the brake as well i might of travelled further forward and got DQ'd all together.

Got a crummy start due to all that and had to settle for 3rd by T3. Took the Drivethrough immediately and was 26 seconds off the lead by the time i exited. Lonely race for the first half but i got the gap down to 13 seconds to the lead and was catching right up to others.

Then it all went to crumbs, for whatever reason just lost the pace, tyres must have been going off harder than i thought. Had a little spin letting stilesy back through for 6th after i gained it when he went off. Then bounty had some problems and i got passed him and we had a pretty big battle for 7 odd laps, but i just managed to hold him off.

end result was 6th, so meh really..... what could have been....

gratz to jim and the podium for their race though, well done.
  5. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Qualified 2nd - stoked.
    Into T1 and managed to hold onto P1 for the first 4 laps then it was all down hill from there. Got tapped and spun around, tried to get back on track and all hell broke loose, there were cars everywhere. After the mess I was back in 9th and started to claw back and got up to 5th. Could see the top 4 guys just ahead of me so I was pretty confident I could still grab a podium. Made a couple of small mistakes that ended up costing myself any decent chance of a good position finishing in 7th.
    Very disappointed in myself tonight seeing as though for once I actually had some pace and had half a chance for a podium at least. Oh well stuff happens.
    Well done podium guys.
    Video coming shortly.
    Anthonyb, garyw61 and SuiCid3 like this.
  6. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    My Lowlights of tonights race
    garyw61 likes this.
  7. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Sorry about the tap Bounty.

I qualified P4, which was a lot higher than I expected on this circuit. Got a pretty good start and slid into P2 behind Bounty after the first turn. The first few laps were fantastic, some really good, close racing between Bounty and myself. I tapped the back of Bounty's car while braking into turn 6 on lap 3 or 4 and sent him wide so I pulled out wide too to redress the contact. From there it just went mental, Bounty ended up pointing the wrong way after attempting to rejoin the circuit and himself and Rano came together, I got caught up in that and got spun, in turn a couple of guys had nowhere to go except for into my car which sent me flying around again and into the wall. Got going again way down the order but my head just wasn't in it, made heaps of mistakes while feeling like crap about that initial contact that sent Bounty wide. Ended up retiring on lap 10 and watched the almighty battle the top 4 guys were having on the monitor. Well done fellas, you put on a great show, that racing was flat out, non stop, right up to the flag.
  8. ned83

ned83 Rookie

PSN ID
    ned83
    Well, straight up threw that one away. Well done Jim, some good racing there.

After the field wiped out I battled with Jim and took the lead for a while before some missed corners gave the lead back, before braking a little to late coming into the back hairpin and giving him a shunt. Held back to redress and lost another position to Rano whilst Jim and Rano drove off to battle it out. Tried to hold off the flying truss but he was showing pace towards the end.

Thought I caught a break at the podium again when Rano spun it on the last corner, only to put my car into an epic slide on turn 2 (still don't know how I caught it) and seeing out the last couple of laps in 4th. Consistent start to the championship I guess.

Well done to the podium, on to next race.
  9. Bounty05

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    All good mate, the tap was only the start of my bad race.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  10. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Yeah but still, I feel terrible about it. Something like that can really put you off your game, I know it did for me.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Started 7th, got a decent start and up to 5th after the first corner.
    Great clean racing by everyone off the grid.
    Bumped up to 4th after @disturboed served his drive through.
    Lap 4, coming up to T6 and notice @dj2ca and @Bounty05 running off track. Sweet!
    Made my way through to 2nd but then got tagged by bounty coming back on track.
    Was lucky enough that I was pointing the right way after my spin and my car was sitting on a little path thing.
    Waited for the track to clear and then jumped back on only to witness even more carnage as half the field was getting wiped out.
    Managed to clear everything and put myself up to 3rd and a few seconds off the @Jim_aka_The_Man and @ned83
    As those two were swapping leads, I was able to catch them but then caught a tiny bit of grass braking into Dunlop (T10).
    Not wanting to take jim out, I took to the left and ended up half spinning.
    Came back on track with @stilesy right behind me and battled on with him for a few laps until I managed to pass him into T1 and then he had a coming together with bounty.
    That gave me some much needed seconds to concentrate on catching the leaders who were about 3 seconds ahead.
    Managed to claw that gap right down over the space of 10 laps or so.
    Once I got on the back of jim and ned, they had a little contact at Dunlop which allowed me to take the lead for all of 2 laps which I threw away by spinning at the last corner....
    Got going again in 4th just behind ned and then it was another awesome battle between the two of us.
    Going two wide into the first corner, two wide into Dunlop, nose to tail for the rest of the laps with no contact at all. That's what gives me goosebumps.
    So held on to the last step of the podium which I'm happy about.. Could have possibly been a few steps higher, but no matter the result, a great race all round.

Video incoming.. a little long, but didn't feel like cutting anything else out..
    Only the first half has music, so if having a backing track isn't your thing, it won't be on for too long.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  12. SUBGTRACER

SUBGTRACER Team Driver

PSN ID
    SUBGTRACER
    Great Videos guys " looks up " , Thrills and spills :)
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I hate Telstra! :( Getting NBN installed this Friday, so hopefully that will fix my random disconnections.
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  14. stilesy

stilesy Rookie

PSN ID
    stilesy
    Great vid mate...:thumbsup:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will hopefully know soon what will happen with where i race......

Sorry for the mess around last night guys.... hopefully back for R3, see what happens.
    garyw61 and SuiCid3 like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

great vid love your work
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  17. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Thanks guys. It's my first go at this share factory thing and defo not as artsy as @dj2ca or @Bounty05 videos.
    Wanted to show more of the race itself rather than just highlights.
    SUBGTRACER and Anthonyb like this.
  18. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  19. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Wow, what can I say?! I was not expecting that.

Q: 3rd, and was very happy with that, better than any previous I'd done.

Race: Win.

Had an okay start, dropped to 4th off the line and settled in behind the leading 3. After turbo took the drive thru looked to keep close to bounty & DJ.

Lap 4, the vision speaks for itself, I was very lucky to get through unscathed and along with Ned took a 6 second lead over the chasing pack. I was thinking to myself "How good is this? No mistakes and we can cruise to the end and fight over the top step in the closing stages" WRONG. Ned had other ideas and wanted to get past me, 2 laps later with a bit of late braking into T1, I copped a bump and around I went. The pack was back on our heels.

By the time we got to lap 12, it was down to three with Rano all over Ned & I at the front, until Rano nearly collected me after taking some grass under brakes. He took avoiding action and cost himself some time, but was back with us again not too long after.

From lap 20 to the finish there was always someone right with me, up until Truss and I battled the final 2.5 laps out to cross the line together.

I really enjoyed this race as it was intense from start to finish, can't wait for next week.
    garyw61, ned83 and SuiCid3 like this.
  20. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Here's my highlights from onboard, a bit long but was so much action to try and show.