PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R5. BARCELONA GP
    - 23 LAPS - WET RACE - 1/6/17
    Qualifying @ 1pm - rain
    Race Start @ 2pm - Thunderstorm / light rain / rain / rain
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]

Ok guys, we have been pretty vocal in trying to get everyone to give a little more room to stop some of the unnecessary contact in the last few races....
    PLEASE take notice of the following :
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a couple of spots here where running wide does give an advantage.... Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty.
    - Exit of turn 2 into 3 make sure you dont run wide on exit
    - The chicane (turns 14 and 15) please observe the curbs...

CONTACT : We have gone over this far too many times in the last 2 rounds.... We have lost drivers due to rough driving. We all know the deal with avoiding contact, if you do make a mistake give the spot back.
    It's not that hard

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....cann be frustrating, especially if youve gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved ! I believe some people havent been able to save, this may mean you need to clear out some space from your replay library...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Had a family emergency in race 1 dns race 2
  3. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Sorry, but no. I have race 2. I forgot to save the replay on race 1. Unless footage from my roof cam will help as I recorded the whole time.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  4. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Well I guess that answered our question of pitting for the wet race
    stucar17 likes this.
  5. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok, so had a run today and checked the settings and i did have it set to "rain" for qual...Apologies to all, my mistake
    Anthonyb and George like this.
  6. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    I just seen updated race breif. All good
    stucar17 likes this.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    rain for qual..have adjusted driver briefing info
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  8. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  9. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys...i hope you have had a chance to do some prac for this round.....the live track is quite a thing !
    THIS IS IN ADDITION TO DRIVER BRIEFING !

[​IMG]

IF you havent done many laps, there are puddles that form at TURN 1, SOMETIMES TURN 4, A RIVER ON THE LEFT SIDE ENTRY TO 10, A RIVER AT TIMES THROUGH 14 AND A BIG PUDDLE ON THE INSIDE OF 16 !

- QUAL : your fastest lap will prob come in the first 2...i have only seen once where the track actually dried a little for the last lap. Please be aware of this and it may be worthwhile trying to set your fastest with just a minute to go

- RACE: The first stint is thunderstorm, so it puddles up pretty quick, but each room MAY be different.... PLEASE BE CAREFUL LAP 1 ! From lap 5 it starts to dry but you will still need to be aware of changes to the puddles. The last 2 weather slots (laps 13-23) fluctuates between very wet and drying.

- IF YOU SPIN : please be careful of rejoining it traffic or where faster cars are coming up on you.

- If you are passing someone, you need to take responsibility for avoiding puddles to make the pass....REALLY NEED TO USE YOUR HEADS GUYS......THERE IS PLENTY OF GRIP, BUT IT DOES CHANGE LAP TO LAP IN TERMS OF PUDDLES....

Really is a fantastic system, but need to be on your toes.
    Stu
  11. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well done to the guys on the podium. If there is one round I really need practice with during the week it is the wet one. Lack of practice really showed come race time.

I won't be racing next weekend, I will be in Brisvegas with work.
  12. Anthonyb

Yeah well done podium.
    Sorry freddy about the final turn once I clipped the puddle I was a passenger. I was the same mate lack of practice didn't help at all.
    I will also miss next week.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  13. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    I thought for a moment that I was going to get around you! Not with my luck!
    No dramas though, I made enough of my own mistakes after that anyway
    Anthonyb likes this.
  14. Anthonyb

15. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Good race all congrats to the podium and bring on the next round!

Weird race for me I practiced for maybe 2 hours prior to the race and was ok with my Quali as on my last lap I was on a 1:54 but botched it through the chicane on the last lap.. but man during the race felt so different throughout, I struggled for grip and pace the entire race really was weird. Anyways was happy I kept Tuddy and TB honest for a while but after lap 14 on wards it was like driving a boat around the track.

slowly getting consistent.. 14 laps on the trott without having a major :):):):) up is a new record me me xD (small victories)
    George, Ant_427, stucar17 and 3 others like this.
  16. Anthonyb

Qualified poorly as I expected with minimal practice in the week and before the the race. Thanks for waiting for me.
    The race was interesting had just enough pace to stick with the pack then at about lap 6 I caught the puddle on the inside of the last turn which put me into the wall then into Freddy with TB threading the needle and getting through. Waited for Freddy to get going again only to have him spin a few laps later. I slowly picked my way through the pack with people going off in font and found myself in 4th. Seemed to be slowly pulling TB and tuddy who where having a great battle but I ran out of laps.
    Well done Benny on pole fastest lap and the win you where in a league of your own in this race.
    Congrats to TB and Tuddy in rounding out the podium.
    See you on track
    Ant
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    That was one hell of a race!
    knew I didn't have the pace in the wet, and qualified second last as I expected. But keeping out of trouble paid off, Ant spun and collided with freddy giving me fifth, then hunted down the rest who were battling. Again was gifted a couple of spots when someone was redressing, eventually seeing me hunting down tuddy for 2nd. All it took was a mistake and I was through. couldn't increase the gap though with it hovering around the 1.3 - 1.6 sec mark until I took the second last chicane a little too quick putting me in a spin and back behind tuddy. Head down and wasn't faster, so had to wait for another mistake. It came, was only a small one, but was enough to see me scrape through on the inside of the tight hairpin and hold on for a podium finish.
    Wasn't expecting to be anywhere near the podium this round so am massively happy with the result.

Off to Indy next week, looks like a cracker of a circuit!!!
  18. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Great race in the wet last night. Well done to the guys on the podium.
    I moved up to into second after a couple of laps then started having a few weird issues. Firstly, the ICM menu started popping up, then all of a sudden everything went dead and the game went to the options screen. By the time I realised that all i had to do was select 'resume session', I was into the tyres and a few cars had sailed past. I then tried to play catch up and spun at turn 10 giving away another position. Oh well, on to next week, should be another good one.
    Does anyone know what may have caused these issues?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  19. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Are you using a t300?
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    mine does it when my wheel gets 'loose'...i take the wheel off and then hit the points with contact cleaner and tighten it all up again....
    George and Ant_427 like this.