PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

In the little bit of practice I have done I recommend you set time and weather etc to the race settings as the car feels totally different as the weather changes. Qually is under heavy cloud.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    DRIVER BRIEFING : ROUND 1 - SEASON 1
    - WATKINS GLEN
    - 26 LAPS - 1/6/17
    - Qual Time @1pm - (1 weather slot - Heavy Cloud)
    - Race Time @2pm - Heavy cloud / Medium cloud / Light cloud / Clear
    - Time progression REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop - YES
    - Fuel : Real
    - TYRE WEAR : Accelerated
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time
    - PIT LANE CLOSED FOR QUALIFYING
    [​IMG]

OK Guys .... We have a few new drivers who need to be up on how we go about our league racing, and im sure there are a few of us who wouldn't mind a reminder of what is expected !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 EDST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:10 EDST
    RACE START TIME : 8:20 EDST

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Round 1 is generally the most common where we see contact issues, particularly if we have drivers who havent done a lot of practice. If you are mid or back of the pack, please make extra effort to slow into turn 1 and not dive-bomb into the mid pack. Giving room on both sides till you get through the bus top will help to stop any unnecessary contact. Take extra effort to not ruin someones night in teh first race of the season ;)
    TRACK LIMITS : As we are running (at this stage) with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. The obvious point this can be exploited is TURN 1, drivers continually running past the ripple strip to gain advantage will be penalised post race with a time penalty. The other obvious spots are THE BUS STOP, the EXIT OF 8 and finally the EXIT OF 10.
    CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    COMPULSORY PIT STOP : It is HIGHLY recommended you save a pit strategy from the options tab in game and select it as your intended strategy for the race so you don't have to do it on the fly while racing....
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : We will be running with Pit penalties ON, so will need to make an attempt to enter and exit using the pit lane lines. We have seen people hit with warnings in game, so be aware of staying in the lane. DONT FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 60KLMS AT THE PIT ENTRY LINE OR YOU WILL GET DSQ FROM THE RACE IF YOU GO IN TOO HOT.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags
    , and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. With the 2 classes there is slightly more chance of blue flags coming into play, so you should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your class. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    George and t_b_williams like this.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1.@@Anthonyb
    2. @@Ant_427
    3. @@fezza
    4. @@Kman64891
    5.@@t_b_williams
    6. @@freddyp_33
    7. @@rossi0nsx
    8. @@kayne greenwood (eeesteeedeee)
    9.@@George
    10. @@Graxos69
    11. @rinneganharvey
    Ok guys, Driver briefing in post above.....
    May be 1 or 2 changes / additions to the driver list but will PM anyone who i swap or add....
    If there is anything i have missed please throw it out there.....

Hope you all have a good season,
    cheers stu
  4. Anthonyb

Thanks bro good work
  5. Graxos69

Graxos69 New Recruit

Good stuff, Stu.
    Just a (perhaps silly) question for us new guys; How do we go about joining the race room tomorrow night? Do we need to search for it, or should we expect an invite from the host?
    Anthonyb likes this.
  6. Anthonyb

Make sure you are friends with the host (they should have sent you a friend request) and they will send you a invite
  7. Anthonyb

@Graxos69 what is your psn I will send you a friend request
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Same as his user name.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  9. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    I got @Graxos69 friend request this morning.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  10. Graxos69

Graxos69 New Recruit

Cheers guys, looking forward to tomorrow night!
    Anthonyb likes this.
  11. Anthonyb

Is there anyone that can do results for the season as a back up for me just in case I miss something or for some reason the timing is wrong on the app.
  12. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yep. Got you covered @Anthonyb .

Don't forget guys. Season races are run with mics off during qually and during the race.
    So Don't forget to turn them off at the required times.
    George, rossi0nsx and Anthonyb like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

PLEASE READ SO YOU KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING !

- For some reason the fuel totals have changed. In the race run i just did, there were drivers on 10 / 15L less fuel than others meaning they needed to take fuel. ! FOR THIS REASON WE WILL RUN FUEL BURN OFF FOR THIS ROUND
    - SOME drivers are being held in pit lane after their pit spot......there are a few different trains of thought on this but again FOR THIS REASON WE WILL RUN WITH NO COMPULSORY STOP.
    - Huge apologies for the late changes guys, with all the testing i did, along with others, these issues either didn't show up, or have only just become apparent with the last patch......
    - Speaking of patches, its confirmed by Ian Bell and the PCARS team that there is over 110 changes or fixes coming in the next patch, so when that hits, and we get our heads around the weirdness of pit stops and fuel loads, we will look to bring back the compulsary stops when we know it wont mess anyone up....

ROOM HOST : @rossi0nsx make sure you have fuel burn OFF and comp pit stop OFF for this round.

Good luck to everyone tonight.....PLEASE make sure you save your replay so any issues can be sorted through....
    Please give eachother race room, and dont create unnecessary issues from trying to win on lap 1 !

1.@@Anthonyb
    2. @@Ant_427
    3. @@fezza
    4. @@Kman64891
    5.@@t_b_williams
    6. @@freddyp_33
    7. @@rossi0nsx
    8. @@kayne greenwood (eeesteeedeee)
    9.@@George
    10. @@Graxos69
    11. @rinneganharvey
    12. @lazer0pz (new member)
    t_b_williams, Anthonyb, fezza and 2 others like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  15. Anthonyb

@rossi0nsx we will have 2 chats open so everyone will know what is happening
  16. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Had a great first race. Qualified 3rd, had a very clean start and kept the pressure on @Ant_427 . A mishap from him then one from @Kman64891 gave me the lead :D for a lap or 2. I then spun on the corner I thought was most confident on... Recovered to 4th, watched a spin and then did a outside of corner overtake to get back into 2nd where I stayed. Good pace from kman kept me there and @Anthonyb had the pressure to keep the battle for 3rd going . Good race everyone :thumbsup:

Ant_427, SuiCid3, freddyp_33 and 3 others like this.
  17. Anthonyb

Great race last night thanks heaps everyone. Well done @Kman64891 on the win @George on second and @Ant_427 on rounding out the podium. To have .5 of a second from 1st to second then .05 of a second covering 2nd to 5th in qualifying I thought this should be a cracker and it was i think the lead changed 4 or 5 times in the first 10 or so laps I think mostly from mistakes but that was from the pressure being put on from behind. I had pressure from the start from @fezza until he made a small mistake then tuddy made a mistake letting Ant_427 and myself past. I made a good pass on Ant only to have a fast spin after the bus stop nearly taking him and tuddy out. Tuddy made a good move stick on Ant and I got my head down to try to snag that last podium spot Ant ran wide at turn 2 on the last lap ( stop looking in the mirror) letting me get along side coming into the bus stop I lifted early as not to destroy both our races had a few looks over the rest of the lap but just couldn't get past finished .1 behind great fun. See you all for some practice not a big fan of this weeks track.
    Ant
    George, Ant_427 and fezza like this.
  18. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Can someone tell me what happened to rinneganharvey? Disconnect? Left session?
  20. Anthonyb

Disconnect about lap 12
    dj2ca likes this.