PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 3

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    To ALL ROOZ DRIVERS. Yet another post regarding driving etiquette.

As a member of the stewards team, I am privy to all of the average driving here in our league, and TBH a vast majority of incidents appear to be caused by poor spacial awareness/failure to allow racing space.

All of the current League platforms have warning arrows telling you there is another driver close, and where it is in relation to you. PCars also has the option for the pit crew chief to tell you where and when a car is near you, which I personally find very helpful. I'm not sure if these assists can be turned off, but I think maybe we need to make it a rule that they should remain on.

There have been a number of instances where if just a little room was left, the attacking driver may not necessarily be able to make the pass, but at least both drivers would be able to continue on without incident. Or maybe they may have made the pass, but been on the wrong line for the turn and lost the position again.

My next point of concern is the lax attitude some people have recently shown regarding the rule about changing lines to try break a draft/block drivers. We have had a couple of borderline instances pass through the stewards group and feel it may need to be highlighted to ensure everyone is aware of what is allowed.

Directly quoting RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0:

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not drastically change their line in a corner in order to prevent a car behind from passing.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may make one tactful change of line in approaching a corner to defend their position.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) may not swerve from side to side at any point of the track to prevent the following car from gaining the tow.

- A lead driver (relative to other cars in proximity) must maintain a straight line when driving down a straight.

Pretty straight forward stuff.

As Stu has said many a time, this is a game, there are no sheep-stations, and a good clean battle (I think) can be just as rewarding and gratifying as a win. Some courtesy towards other drivers, a bit of common sense and a better awareness of what is going on around you will make yours and your fellow racers' night much more enjoyable, and take some of the load off the stewards for stuff that should not even be an issue.

Thankyou
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, just wanted to confirm that this weeks round at Catalunya WILL BE A FULL WET ROUND.

I did some testing last night with all settings and can confirm there have been some changes somewhere along the line to the way live track works and how drivable the car is in extreme wet conditions....That said the live track is unbelievable the way it works... If the patch lives up to expectation we will have a fantastic season 2.

We tried (thanks to @truss1984 @SuiCid3 @Bounty05 and @RHINO11) running all wet weather option including thunderstorm, storm and rain (heavy) and the car is more than drivable ! The track definitely evolves and driving around the puddles and standing water certainly adds another element.

Will be testing tonight to finalise exact details, but for private practice sake,

run 2 weather slots -
    1. rain
    2. thunderstorm
    with all other date and time settings as per the previously stated regs
    .....Will update today as i get time in the OP

Also, if you havent already, please read ad2mnys post re driving standards.....all divs just need to be 5% better for great racing right through the field. Things are just a bit sloppy at the moment.

1. @Anthonyb
    2. @Ant_427
    3. @fezza
    4. @Kman64891
    5.@t_b_williams
    6. @freddyp_33
    7. @rossi0nsx
    8. @kayne greenwood (eeesteeedeee)
    9. @George
    10. @decepticon47
    11. @Hoppy

Thanks stu
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    George, t_b_williams, Ant_427 and 2 others like this.
  3. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Gday all, hows the day. Just a quick question, what are the name listings at the end of stu's post mean? Cheers
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    is all the entrants mate....sorry i missed you when i added from the opening post ! It means they are tagged in the post and will get a notification of it...
    Hoppy (benny11169) likes this.
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    At least now you know you're tagging everyone properly :roflmao::roflmao:
  6. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    All good, thought it was the list of nice drivers and the ones left out were the naughty under investigation drivers lol.
    Ant_427 and Anthonyb like this.
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    What a night. Happy with my pace to land pole position, but then losing kman at the end of qually i deliberately held off hitting ready to see if he could get back before the race. But then i forgot to hit the button before the timer wound down so was disqualified from the race. Being a room captain, I didn't want to call for my own restart but was hopefull others would, but alas, i sat back and watched the fight up front. This started me up front for race two and started pulling a gap straight away, only to push too hard into turn 1 on lap 2 and spun dropping me to second, this threw me off for the rest of the race. Got tangled up in things i shouldnt and ended up at the back of the pack by race end. Thought watkins was going to be my dropped round, but I guess this week will be.
    On to the wet round, not sure ive got the pace in the wet to be up front.
  8. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Damn tb i was wondering what happened at the start of race one. U should of jumped on the mic, still to new here to know about the etiquette about re-starts, but i would of been cool with it.
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I was waiting for someone to call it but it didn't happen
  10. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Chasing footage from race 1 of sunday nights sprints. Can anybody help?
  11. Hoppy (benny11169)

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Sorry ad2 race1 failed to save for some reason, but again for some reason race2 did save
  12. Ant_427

Ant_427 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    antlloyd76
    Sorry Ad2 tried to save but storage space full. I have now deleted all my old replays.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I was told maybe @George may have it?
  14. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

I will confirm on Sunday if I'm going to make it. If I can't get there can someone get results. I definitely won't be there the week after
  15. RHINO11

RHINO11 Team Driver

PSN ID
    RHINO11_JONES
    Boooooooooo
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  16. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Have been screen shoting results each week, you just get them up quicker.
    Got you covered mate.
    Anthonyb and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  17. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    What happened to Eeesteedee in race 2?
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i think he had to go
  19. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    So he left the session? DSC? I need this information to complete these tables, the guys who are responsible for posting the results also need to give me a comprehensive breakdown of anyone who leaves or disconnects, and the order in which they do, which hasn't been happening for some rounds.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @rossi0nsx can you confirm that Eeesteedee was a DNS for race 2 ?