PCARS 2 - SEASON 1 - DIV 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    it was all 4 on mine. All dropping together at the same rate.
  2. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    Yeah all 4 of mine were dropping at about 10x wear rate also but the FR was the worst which is odd (This was all during qualifying)
  3. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Restarted session fixed. What times are you guys doing on this track?
  4. POPPINFRESH1234

POPPINFRESH1234 Team Driver

PSN ID
    PoppinFr3sh987
    mid 27's from what I have seen
  5. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    consistent mid 27s be hard to beat, thats about my hot lap time at the moment and thanks POPIN for the help bro :)
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Further to my post above guys i have just tested with @Nathan Storrier , @Ant_427 @annelorrianne and @arnold watson and we found that with teh tyre settings on "accelerated" wear, there was terrible clipping from about lap 20, and it got progressively worse as the race went on....
    SO, i just tested with the wear on "AUTHENTIC" and it was perfect.....All temps were as previously tested (FL max of about 110*) and the wear was fine with no clipping at all....

@Ad2mny can you please make sure you run tyre wear on AUTHENTIC

The other thing i found was that in qual if you jump to pit, it auto sends your fuel to the amount in your pit strat ... i need to test a little more, but for me i ended on 95L after jumping back into pit during qual.....The race fuel was fine for everyone.

We also found that even though the fuel was not burning off, the lap times seemed to indicate the weight was coming off the car.....For the first few laps the brake zone is at about the 500 m mark with the added weight...;)

Good luck tonight, the track grip goes up and down ..... PLEASE be careful turn 1 and don't ruin someone's night....
    Stu
    PaulCox likes this.
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thanks for all the effort put into making it right bro :)
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Another awesome result. Got away well but @annelorrianne got by early and then I ran too hot into turn 4 and off I went. Another mistake and I was back to 5th. Anne and @arnold watson took off while I diced in the mid pack. A bit of lag on my part took out @Ford69xw and I also noticed some others with a bit of lag made it a little difficult when up close. Anne was nearly 17-18 secs ahead by the track me I found clear track, with Arnold in her tow about 4 secs back. They each though made mistakes that allowed me to close in, first Arnold who I battled hard with to try find a way past which I eventually did at the second last corner, and a redress for contact on the exit much appreciated.

Next it was Anne and I was making no impression on her lead at all until she too must have had problems as all of a sudden it was 5 seconds and then back marker city. Somehow she got tangled with the back markers but I found a way clean passed. It wasn’t over though as for the final few laps she was hounding me but I think a spin in the later half of the circuit second last lap dropped her 1 secs back.

Well done Anne and Arnold for the podium places, and a great comeback from @ShootSho7t eho had to quit qual to try remedy his lack of FFB and unable to put a lap in.
    SuiCid3 and Anthonyb like this.
  9. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Good to se you back mate with a good result.
    PaulCox likes this.
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Sorry about last night. Iwhat little practice I did get I did on the wrong Indy layout...

And then the partner rang, and being as she is in NZ atm I had to take the call otherwise the 3hr difference would mean it was too late to call her back post-dated.
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and Ad2mny like this.
  11. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hope you can make the final round.

COTA is a complete mystery to me atm, will need plenty of laps I think.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Driver briefing coming later today......

Race notes before i post that up.....
    - Change to 'in game' race date.....NOW 1/4/17
    - Tyre wear still on AUTHENTIC. Did 20 laps last night and tyres were still on 80%, as were the others that ran as well
    - Should be able (in theory) to get to the end with no stop......YOU CAN MAKE A PIT STOP IF YOU WANT TO, but will be NON COMPULSORY. I didnt want a lightly tested pit glitch to ruin someone's championship

Stu
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]
    R7
    . CIRCUIT of THE AMERICAS - ENDURO - 40 LAPS - 1/4/17
    Qualifying @ 9am - Medium Cloud
    Race Start @ 10am - Clear / Light Cloud / Med Cloud / Heavy Cloud
    - Time progression : REAL
    - Compulsory pit stop : NO
    - Fuel : OFF
    - TYRE WEAR : AUTHENTIC
    - Weather progression : Sync to race
    - Time progression : Real time

[​IMG]
    Cant believe its the end of the season already....Good luck to everyone fighting it out for a championship....I think it's the first time i can remember that every division will come down to the last race to determine the champion. Great stuff

Obviously the enduro is a loooooong race, divs 1 and 4 have seen solid grids, however we are still waiting on confirmation from divs 2 and 3 to see if we should merge them....IF we do, stay tuned for how we will set up....would be very boring running 40 laps here with just 5 cars.......will confirm by Sat with race set up confirmed....

PLEASE take notice of the following :
    -
    NOTE THE IN GAME DATE CHANGE TO 1/4/17....this has given much better tyre temps

- TYRE WEAR STILL AUTHENTIC. Did a half distance last night and finished on 80%.....Should be no need to pit for tyres, but will do a race distance ASAP and confirm we don't get the clipping as we did at Indy. If any change will let everyone know ASAP
    - Have your proximity indicators ON
    - Use your in game spotter... Really does make things much easier to know where other cars are and can help to stop contact. If you need help to find these options let us know.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit.
    There are a lot of spots here where you can cut to gain an advantage. Making a mistake or 2 is expected, however doing it continually to gain advantage WILL RESULT in a post race penalty. I will be asking captains and all drivers to be aware of this....you all know the drill. Will be asking captains to view replays if need be....
    - Is a very technical track, and there are lots of spots to run off road...
    - T3,4,5 sequence is tough and can be straight lined....HOWEVER, not great deal of time in it....will put you in the wall though bouncing off the curbs!
    - T7 can be cut, but messes you up for the entry to 8
    - T19 on exit....
    - IF YOU DO RUN OFF, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK FOR CARS BEFORE RETURNING TO TRACK ;)

CONTACT : Good job last week guys.... Obvious spots here are the big straights. - Turn 1 - Turn 12 are the big brake zones and with the draft should see some passes here...other spots are exit of 15 (get a run out of there it's possible to pass) and the final turn, T20.... We all know the drill, hit someone off then redress.....

COMPULSORY PIT STOP
    : N/A
    PIT ENTRY / EXIT : N/A

BLUE FLAGS :
    There has been a few instances where lapped cars are not giving clear passage to the race leaders. Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those you are running with. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. That said, race leaders cant barge their way past either. Please use your brains here, and give room when you can !

RACE RESTARTS : This has popped up a couple of times this season. Our goal is to 'try' to give everyone a fair chance of racing.....The room host "MAY" decide that if there is a crash due to a race start incident, mass DSC or an obvious issue. Its a balancing act for all involved, trying to get everyone a race, remembering that every restart is another 10 or 15 mins.....can be frustrating, especially if you've gone from 10th to 2nd but please look at the bigger picture !
    - IF someone DSC from qual and cant get back in time, or there is a clear race start issue, good to set up fresh room with rolling start, qual order from former session
    - Add lap to race distance
    - Drivers stop before T1 and grid up in order
    - Once in order, lead car drives at approx 100klms
    - Lead car starts race Between final corner and start line
    - NO PASSING OR OVERLAP TILL START LINE

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until MIDNIGHT MONDAY night following the race to submit a protest, and MIDNIGHT TUESDAY night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !
    SOME PEOPLE STILL SAYING THEY DONT HAVE ROOM TO SAVE ANYTHING..... you need to clear some replays !! for the enduro, will need more space...i suggest deleting all your replays !

SEX
    That got your attention !
    Dont forget as well the prize draw for gold members that will be drawn at the end of the year : http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gold-members-prize-draw.2923/

PAGNIAN DISCOUNT CODES for members :
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/exclusive-members-only-offers.57/

Thanks stu
    [​IMG]
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    1. @annelorrianne
    2. @arnold watson
    3. @Rumbleshorts
    4. @Ad2mny
    5. @ShootSho7t
    6. @Ford69xw (metalsteel)
    7. @colin-50_
    8. @PurpleDog
    9. @Chase (flatstick)
    10. @Dev1lman_87
    11. @webnomad
    12. @tafamare ?? need to check pace !
    13. @Les 317 ?? to confirm (mochamambo PSN)
    14. @PaulCox
    15. @Graxos69
    16. Rinnegan Harvey

Howdy all,
    An adjustment to regs for the enduro......
    TYRE WEAR OFF

Clipping again makes it almost undrivable for the last 10 laps, so rather than take a guess on pit stops, we will take the cleanest option for everyone.....

If there is someone NOT RACING please let us know !
    Thanks stu
    Ford69xw, Ad2mny and PaulCox like this.
  15. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Anyone having an issue in testing on this track? Car is reving way too low in all gears and no top speed to speak of. Another glitch?
  16. Ford69xw

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    fixed , recalibrate throttle and fixed. No idea why that happened.
    PaulCox, Anthonyb and Ad2mny like this.
  17. dj2ca

dj2ca Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    Apologies for not having the championship tables up yet folks, I've been in the hospital with my little girl, I'll get them up this weekend for you.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Hope everything is ok mate.
  19. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca
    To be honest, we're not sure. Hopefully it's nothing serious though.
  20. dj2ca

PSN ID
    dj2ca