PCARS Division 2 - Season 1

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Clevohead, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Practice tonight 7.30 Qld time I will have one open come into the chat for request All welcome .
  2. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    [​IMG]Check out what I'm getting for my birthday . WOO HOO!!!!!
  3. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Yeah baby you'll love it
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  4. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I can go back to H pattern on the shifter . You have to show me how to take off the old paddles .
  5. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Gobble Gobble Gobble service call is going to cost ya a turkey juzzy, nps m8 let me me know when ya get it and ill be over.
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Looks really uncomfortable mate but I'm sure you'll get used to it :p

No idea what Greg wants to gobble.
    TheJuzzy and Clevohead like this.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES IN THE HTO SERIES.
    This is a Sunday night series starting next weekend... Check out the OP and get your name in... each div has 12 or 13 entered so it should make for great racing in a multi make format. Don't miss out..... If you turn up next Sunday without entering there may not be a spot for you
  8. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

That was my impersonation of a turkey beakeroo, better stick to my day job hey
    beakeroo likes this.
  9. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Just confirming for my practice, this means race start in game time of 21:00 yeah? With time progression 2x.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    No, it resets the time at the start of each session, which is why its set to a later start time.
    Giant slayer likes this.
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Really?? :confused: Mine have never reset after a practice and qualifying, they only continued on as in real life.
    So if you have 1x 60 minute practice session, 15 minute qualifying, 59 lap race EACH session starts at 19:00 and doesn't continue through as would in real life??
  12. hughesy_12

hughesy_12 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Hughesey12
    Ready to settle in for a long night of racing boys!

I with @Spidey_11 on this. Mine has never reset either
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Sorry. Late notice but can't make it tonight... obviously.
    Unexpected family visiting.
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    How'd you guy D2?
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    The season is over and a big thank you to all the Div 2 racers and the others in the forum for helping out with strategies and so on.
    I've had a ball racing with you guys in such close and clean races, I'm really looking forward to the HTO series and the second series of the ROOZ Sunday night league.

Ok my race.
    Love this track for some reason. Low fuel, soft tyres and low pressures got me my first pole tonight. Very very happy with that. You guys are a tough bunch to beat at qualifying so I'll be wearing this smile till tomorrow :)
    For the race I put max fuel load in of 120L and hard tyres with a little less pressure to help out with the dropping temperature of the night. I was looking to do 40 laps then pit for softs.
    Off the lights ok (not as good as Juzzy) and settled into 3rd for a bit then 4th behind Juzzy, Cows and Hughesy. I was hoping you guys were running a different strategy than me because Juzzy and Cows kept extending their lead bit by bit and sneakynuts was clawing at the gap behind me.
    I saw Juzzy in the pits around lap 20 and Cows was about 14 seconds up the road. I kept plugging away and by the time Cows pitted on around lap 30 he got the gap out to 18-19 seconds in front.
    I managed to keep the hard tyres going for about 43-44 laps, they had a bad spell where a lot of heat went out and my laps dropped by 1.7 seconds, then came good agin just 3 laps before pitting.
    Fuel was looking good, tyres were holding up great, I pitted around lap 43-44 which was plenty of time for a run on the soft tyres. I must of mucked up my pit fuel while checking the tyre pressures on the way in.
    I exited the pits, Cows past me, but his lead was down to 10 seconds.
    I started putting in better times with the softs and was slowly catching Cows. I got the gap down to about 5 seconds and on lap 52........ I went wide....... after turn 4 onto the back straight and gave myself a 5 second penalty. Gap now out to +7.5 seconds.
    I noticed I didn't have enough fuel to finish on lap 49 so I stayed out as long as I could. Fuel went under 3L around lap 55-56.
    Second place gone.
    Splash and dash and no tyre change saw me come out of the pits only 2 seconds behind Hughesy in the 3rd. Hughesy and I had a battle but I pushed too hard around the fifth last corner and got another 5 second penalty on the last lap.
    Killercarl took 3rd on the very back straight but I snuck back into the inside on the double left hander at the end of the lap and took a third place.

The pit strategy made it interesting for me at the end but it's not good to hear about the bugs people got.

Well done to Cows for the championship.

Cheers boys :)
    stucar17, Ad2mny, TheJuzzy and 2 others like this.
  16. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Pole - Spidey
    Fastest lap - Hughesy. 1:34.377
    Race - Cows, Hughesy, Spidey, Killercarl, Sneekynuts, Juzzy, and a few disconnects.
    Race time - 1h 35m 17s.
    Flukyluke99, TheJuzzy and beakeroo like this.
  17. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I had a pretty boring race, Juzzy got me T1 and then I got passed him a few laps later but got a corner cut at T4 on to the back straight and Juzzy went straight past, avoided getting taken out by hughesy got back past Juzzy. Did a half spin at the 2rd last turn (thanks to whoever took out braking boards) pitted lap 30. I knew that because I was pulling away from spidey he was running a different strategy so i ran my own race and after an invisible wall glitch just put consistent times to the end.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  18. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    @Spidey_11 it may of been faster fuel wise to go longer at the start but tire wise it was better to do half and half.
    Thanks for the clean racing guys, see you on the track ;)
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I'd like to take all the credit but it took a whole team of us working behind the scenes to get this up and running smoothly. There were some people out of place, either for the better or the worse, and we'd like to apologize for those that felt hard done by, but being such a new game and everyone getting better the more they play it, there was bound to be a few mistakes.

In saying that, however, I believe that 99.9% of you had a blast, and even those that were maybe in a division too high at certain tracks had a smile on your face at some stage.

I congratulate you all on your driving etiquette in this first official season. Not one official protest recorded. I think that is an achievement in itself. With so many new drivers I expected at least a few issues but no, and I tip my hat to you all.

In the next few days we will start a Car Suggestion thread, where we can get a rough idea which way you guys wanna head.

Thank you all for making this first season awesome!!
  20. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member