PCARS PCARs is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pete, Oct 8, 2016.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Ignoring the collision physics and bugs in PS4 Project Cars, it's the only viable option for Sunday league racing at this point.
    Driving physics and feedback is head and shoulders above GT6, whether that's due to being on a new gen console matters not. It's still better.

Can't comment on AC as I've done minimal laps on there, but due to no private lobbies, makes it a bit hard to organise league races. Will need to see what the updates will bring.
    stucar17 likes this.
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Online room stability is still it's main advantage over GT6 though.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  3. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Haven't played anything other than console. As a racing game it is head and shoulders better than GT6 apart from the magnetism that affects close racing, but in most cases we understand this and take precautionary measures on making a move for position ( I'm not the best judge of this, but I am sure there are some people who race that way! Hey if you don't have a go you're may as well play candy crush!):D
    For me it is about the competition, GT6 still has great drivers racing, as does Pcars, I choose Pcars because it is a much better game than GT6.:thumbsup:
    Killercarlcox69 and stucar17 like this.
  4. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    pCARS has a few warts but is a simulation through and through. I personally like the handling a lot, and while the AI aren't perfect, they do put on a good fight (for my Div 3 abilities anyway). Great roster of cars and particularly tracks.

I don't mind Assetto Corsa, but I haven't played it as much. Little touches like the squeaks and rattles you can hear in cockpit are great. Feeling overall is good. The ability to download massively long mod tracks like the old GTR2 and Race07 days is a + for me. The menu's and online lobbies and VR integration are my pain points.

I've owned Automobilista since launch (a year ago?) and Stock Car shortly before that but have never launched it. Not once.

If you love racing and the price is right, definitely get both/all.
  5. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    if you want to test the game and have a decent PC, then Project CARS - Pagani Edition has just been released onto steam for free

spiel from Project CARS facebook:

Featuring the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion, ‘Project CARS – Pagani Edition’ has been specifically designed to run on the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, and offers both car and motorsport aficionados the last word in state-of-the-art simulation.

You can race your Paganis on three tracks—the Nürburgring and Nordschleife combo, Monza GP, and Azure Coast—and in two game modes. The game features full VR support on both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as support for 4K screens and traditional displays.
  6. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Didn't see that coming. SMS has had a pretty good relationship with Pagani though - I'm assuming they requested this, perhaps as part of a car licensing deal.