PCars pitstop thread

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Oct 5, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok, so thanks to ADs and Naacs (and 3 hours of testing !) we may have found a way to get tire change pit stops to work glitch free so bare with me.....works like this....

1. Set up a TUNE ONLINE LOBBY (with COMPULSORY PITSTOP SELECTED) and go into the EDIT PIT STRATEGY tab.....The tuning and pitstop option is ONLY AVAILABLE in a tune lobby....
    [​IMG]

2. Select the default setting (press X) and then you get the screen below.....Move the fuel slider to 0, and make sure that "symmetrical" is selected for tires.....Hit X to save, and you should then get a NEW saved profile for the BMW Z4 GT3 as well as a "default" setting (2 profiles on your screen)
    [​IMG]

3. I then deleted the "DEFAULT" setting that was there, so all i had left was the Z4 one, and made sure the it has "YES" under "ACTIVE". To delete the "DEFAULT PROFILE" go into it, the press triangle. you should be left with just the Z4 one.
    [​IMG]

4. hit O to back out to the garage screen after confirming your left with just the 1 profile.......
    [​IMG]

5. Do a quick 3 lap race with "COMPULSORY PITSTOP" selected, and the Z4 active......(remember you are in a "TUNE" room, so when you enter the pits you need to select "CLOSE" when the pit options come up on pit entry.

6. When you enter the pit bay, you SHOULD get a fresh set of tires and no fuel......

7. when the race finishes, your BMW PIT STOP profile SHOULD BE SAVED in the background...

8. Change the lobby to NON TUNE and do a 3 lap race, again with compulsory stop ON

9. Go into pit lane on lap lap 1, (will be prompted with PITSTOP message). This time you wont get any options, but you will still get a tire change, confirmed by the noise of the rattle guns working......and no fuel...

I am planning on doing a race run at laguna tomorrow night at approx 9 sydney time to help confirm that these settings work....We did 3.5 hours and about 15 short races last night and they all seemed to work with no glitches.....would be great to get a full grid with 2 full chats (me and @Ad2mny to host a chat each) so that would give everyone the chance to see how it works and help others in prac rooms in the lead up to Round 1...

The way i would structure the races would be as follows (just to be clear)
    - races will remain NON TUNE as per previous seasons....
    - fuel will be determined as per previous seasons, IE either real or slow to get the desired race distance / laps....so everyone will have to select 0 fuel in the pitstop options or you will get fuel and a time penalty in the race !
    - "COMPULSORY PITSTOP" will be selected in the race regs, so if everyone has the correct pit strat selected you will receive fresh tires when you make your stop.
    - This opens up the race strategy as i will select a tire wear rate (probably real) so the tires will last approx 75% of the race distance, meaning the "pit window" would be anywhere between lap 10 and 30 of a 35 lap race....
    - With "compulsory pitstop' selected in the regs, anyone who doesnt make a stop would automatically be DSC in the results....

All sounds a little complicated, but once you have your pit strat sorted it seemed to work perfectly

I suppose we need to ask is it worth doing ????
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    WOW! good work by you guys!

im gonna say that its a must do. throws strategy in, without the endless tuning.

as for tomorrow night. i am out, but if i can make it home in time i will send @stucar a psn message for an invite.
    ADZA_85 and stucar17 like this.
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Great work guys. I think it should be done like that. I'll try and get on tonight for some testing. Compulsory pit stops add in some more strategy which is great.
    Spidey_11 and Zachery like this.
  4. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I reckon its worth doing, but let's see how tomorrow night goes.
    stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  5. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    You need to make sure tyre pressures can't be altered and saved because if they can that would be a Hugh advantage if exploited
    Beau_Albert, stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sounds like a plan. back to good ol days how we used to do it. Albeit on a different game, but hey it worked there.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Fair point, i wonder if the default setting reverts them back to 'standard" like it does with any other settings when going back to a default tune ? Should be able to check on the app or in game data screen....if i manage to get on tonight will check it out as well.... @Ad2mny will send you message if i get on....cant remember if you said you were available or not
    Ad2mny and jasondull1986 like this.
  8. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Message if you are I'll see how I go
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I just tested it, tyre pressures if changed in the pit strategy in a tuned lobby, even in a default tune room, the tyre pressures in the pit strategy will still be used.
    I put my car to lowest pressures on the left side tyres, highest pressures on the right side tyres to make it as obvious as possible. After doing the 3 lap race in a tuned lobby, i switched the lobby to default tune, started the race on the correct 'default' pressures, HOWEVER at the pit stop, my pressures were changed to 1.5 on the left, 2.5 on the rights, exactly what i put in my pit strategy.
    For that reason alone.... i say no pit stops with tyre changes. People could potentially play with pressures and gain big laptime after their pitstop
    Spidey_11, SPL Racing and Zachery like this.
  10. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Ahhh damn! Yeah if thats the case id rather it be off.
  11. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I thought that might happen thats a shame could of spiced it up.
  12. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Doh... it was promising in theory!
  15. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Is anything else other than the tyre pressures adjustable? If you can't adjust dampers or aero etc being able to adjust your pressure will actually help with with track choice, the time of the race and weather conditions. Pressures is actually one of the easier things to get right and with the help of those in the know, the optimal pressure could be announced early in the week say tues or wed so that everyone can practice with them... thoughts???
    Anthonyb, Zachery and Spidey_11 like this.
  16. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Changing tyre temps doesn't take long to work out. I'd love to keep the pit stop and allow this as everyone can use it. It will add extra strategy to your race if you have to run on default pressures, then you can select to have a pit stop with ur optimum tyre pressures.
    Why are people hating this now?? It takes 10 minutes of track running to figure out the tyre pressures and ppl share this info anyway

For all the time and effort stu put into this lets run it!! I'm sick of boring race events where nothing changes.
    Anthonyb and Zachery like this.
  17. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Please don't scrap mandatory pit stops
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    you know, i actually like this point. Whats a bit of tyre pressure testing gonna do? when you put it like that spidey, i totally agree!
    Lets do it, and as you said, people will be posting pressures each week anyway. adds some strategy, without the drama of full tune. its actually a perfect mid ground.
    Anthonyb and Spidey_11 like this.
  19. jasondull1986

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Everyone will just pit asap and grab tyres with optimum pressures there's no reason not to and there going to wear slower with the better grip. I think the pits stops would be great but this would happen
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    depends on how they wear though. if the wear is enough, then it would be beneficial to get some life out of the first set as well. depends on the wear rate though.
    Spidey_11 likes this.