PCARS Season 2 - Div 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Getting close boys :)
    The_Spectre likes this.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Cheer up mate, i'll be back to kicking your arse next season ;)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Good luck everyone! :)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Am right to go lads. Made it home.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  5. Jim_aka_The_Man

Jim_aka_The_Man Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jim_aka_TheMan
    Well that was just crap. :poop:
    Sorry to those that i hit this evening, especially Sneeky. :(
    I think we were both trying to yield and you ended up worse off for it.
    Wheel decided to give no feedback again after being fine in qualy. :thumbsdown:
    Was still doing pretty good, just following the faster guys through the turns, turning decent laps in.
    Then it all turned to crap.
    If i tagged you Jason, i'm sorry, the 3 of us were nose to tail, and I had a good run through the corner, and thought i could make a move in the next section.
    I was still focused on getting past CAGME, but had a bad feeling that it may have been my fault. I eventually slowed, but the damage was done.

Overall, the season was pretty good all round. Another batch of good quality drivers to spend some time with on a Sunday.
    It didn't turn out how i wanted at the outset, but had a good time with you guys anyway.

Here's looking forward to next season. :thumbsup:
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Final race of the season:
    Qualy:
    [​IMG]
    Race result:
    [​IMG]
    Fastest lap:
    [​IMG]

BIG THANKS TO ALL THE ADMIN GUYS FOR A RIPPER OF A SEASON.
  7. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    10 people all the way to the end :eek:. Wish we had those sorts of numbers in Div 1 for our race.
  8. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Doing some quick math tells me........ Congratulations to @The_Spectre for taking out Division 2. Well done mate and well driven. High results for most tracks and consistent!
    The_Spectre, stucar17 and beakeroo like this.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Looks to me like you grabbed 2nd in the table?
    stucar17 likes this.
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Why thank you for noticing :inlove:
    I noticed your new signature block :thumbsup:
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Cheers, I've been keeping an eye on D2 as yours is one of the scalps I'm after :sneaky::cool::ninja:
    Looks like I'm gonna have to wait now though ;)
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks for putting those results up mate.
    I know cob and myself need to be switched in the final result, I got him on the last lap for 5th.

What a race :eek:
    When I saw the qual times I knew was going to be a tough night, so wasn't to unhappy to start off the third row.
    As usual, didn't last long, buy the end of lap 1 I was last after slight contact with CAGME, I slowed to let him go ahead, but also let the pack of 6 through as well.

A couple fell off, so was up to 9th, and then had a great battle with Jason and killer for about 10 laps, I cleared killer only to overcook it the hairpin and had to dump it so I didn't hit Jason. Sorry mate, was a close thing. That let killer past again, so I had to wait till the pit stop to get past.

I pitted on lap 25, and came out 9th, behind Jason, Jim and CAGME. Jim had his DSC, jason had a spin and I knew CAGME had to pit again so waited for that.

With about 13 to go, cob was in 5th and about 8 secs up the road. IF I got a decent lap together was only making about .2 per lap, but started to close it down as the tires got worn. On the last lap was under 1 sec, and unbelievably cob ran wide into the sand on the exit of the fast right hander and slowed hike enough for me to get round the outside into 5th. I was lucky, but will take it !

Well done to the top 4 guys tonight, well and truly in another league based on those times. Way too fast.

Thanks for everyone who showed most weeks, overall we had pretty good numbers so thanks for that. Hopefully we get good numbers again for season 3, some slight adjustments to the regs hopefully sees some return.

Cheers stu
    Spidey_11 and zuluwoffle like this.
  13. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Woohoo! :D:D:D thanks spidey. Great series from yourself as well. Come keep me company as a div 1 backmarker next season?
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Glad to see the back of that season to be honest. Car was great and so were tracks just couldn't match the pace. Had some great racing at the back with killer cagme and jim over the season with good clean racing but i think it was more me holding them up then keeping them behind.

My only good performance was at watkins running mid pack but had a black scree which ended that one.

last night was a great race too thought everyone would just dissappear but the chaotic first lap mixed it up. Tyre wear has been a killer for me all season, no idea how to fix that so pretty much lost a pit stop to all each race.

Oh well on to next season see you all there.
    Blindman likes this.
  15. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Shhhh... Don't mention Div 1 around my name, I'm having kittens just thinking about it!
    Plus the Div1 season is full of quicker guys at the start of the season and empty by the backend! Booooring
    The_Spectre and beakeroo like this.
  16. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    If only we could have a 32 player lobby. Then we could scrap Div1, keep Div2 and then no one will leave. Div1 from my perspective (mind you it's only my first season) seems to have a stigmatism surrounding it where 'if you can't win then what's the point in racing'. It's definitely something I don't get cause with more players on track it's more entertaining and your placing is more rewarding.
    Spidey_11, stucar17 and beakeroo like this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Perhaps if we changed the name to Div A? :p
    It is a disappointing scenario and it seems to be repetitive. Div 2, 3 and 4 consistently keep good numbers.

Oh and congrats @The_Spectre on the Div win :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Spidey_11, The_Spectre and zuluwoffle like this.
  18. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    yeah we had 12 starters last night in div 4, few DSC's but still 12 for the last race is pretty good.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  19. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Thanks beaker :)

Perhaps bringing in a div 1a and div 1b championship would keep the mid pack guys entertained for the whole series and keep the grid full. Let the aliens who want to put in the effort fight for the div 1a title and the rest for 1b. Im pretty sure gt6 used to have this?
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, great effort guys......even with my DSC in round 2 the pace you guys had in the second half of the season would have put paid to any challange i might have been able to throw at you......well done to all the div 2 guys who gave us solid grids each week.....

Its swings and roundabouts with numbers guys.....div 1 seems to have been a few different reasons for the dwindling numbers this season which we dont need to go into again.....That said, the 1A and 1B (in GT6) was set up to give the non aliens a chance of winning a championship with the super fast guys, and also keep the grid numbers up. I think this is something we can look at for season 3. I dont think that the fact that some f the guys "not winning" was a factor in them not racing. I remember a div 4 season in GT6 having only 6 or 8 show each week even though we had a full grid register and all 16 racing over the season. There is no "magic" formula unfortunately..

Drivers come and go, after a few seasons things shake out and we get a great nucleus of guys in all divs that give solid numbers and we build on that base.....All untill AC and GTS hits and perhaps we have to do it again :poop::eek::rolleyes:o_O;):cry:!

I just hope those who made the most noise about not liking the S2 regs (and pulled out) giv S3 a go (if the regs are more what they wanted) and fill the grids to give us all great racing which is what we all want