PCARS Season 2 - Div 2

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    We just don't have the numbers though, Div 2 is in effect already Div 1a isn't it?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    any disconnections?
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Just jim
  4. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    @Hatfield
    With drop rounds, do you drop your worst finishing position or do you drop worst position/dsc/no show?

ie: if I no showed is that my drop round
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    your DNS would be your drop round
  6. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Cool. Thought so.

Gotta feel for @CobMcCool . Made the effort to show up to every race, finished in decent positions every race only to miss 3rd spot by 1 point due to a driver not showing up. Great effort cob mate, shame about the drops, as you were one of the most consistent drivers in div 2. Well done to spectre on killing the season. Class effort. Well done to everyone in div 2 for the quality racing throughout the season. Was great driving against you all. I now get relegated to div 3 so might see you all in season 4 of pcars (if I can win season 3 div 3 that is)
    stucar17 and zuluwoffle like this.
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    That R2 dsc was a bigger killer than i thought :(
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not really.

Your average for the 5 rounds you didn't DSC was about 4th place which is 13pts. If I change one of your 5pt dsc's to 13, you end up on 85 which doesn't put you any higher
    beakeroo likes this.
  11. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Numbers man.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i got dsc from 1st with 2 laps to go.....an extra 20 there would have put me on 97....bloody engine failures !
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    If numbers man says you'd have came fourth then you better just accept it mate.
    Zachery likes this.
  14. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Video highlights of the final race. Write up coming later today.
    The_Spectre, stucar17 and zuluwoffle like this.
  15. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Race recap:

Final race of the season, third in the championship on points and sitting 2nd with the drop round accounted for. A good result was needed for any chance in taking the top step.
    Started off qualifying better than expected and for the first time got into the 45's with a third lap of 1:45.410 and with a few minutes left in the clock sitting in P1. I couldn't improve on that so i sat in the pits and first watched sneekynuts go ahead and then The Spectre. Down to P3 but still a good result.

Race started and VH-mik jumped me and sneeky off the line, first corner was was tidy with everyone around going through well. Managed to get along side and on the inside of sneeky for turn 2 and coming out onto the big straight I was up to 3rd. Not sure what happened into the hairpin but I got a spearing Cob come down the inside and magnet cars took us off the track and it was 5 second penalty time.
    Spewing I was down to P10 before getting past Cob. Kept going and soon came up to a pack with killercarl, Stu, CAGME and Blindman having a moment at the hairpin and quickly took advantage of that incident.
    Jim and sneeky were up ahead and on lap 9 they had a tangle in the back half of the track and luckily I was close enough to take the inside and once again take the spoils.
    Lap after lap went down with the gap to VH-mik and The Spectre in front growing all the time. The plan was to pit half distance and fuel the car with as little as possible. On lap 24 I saw The Spectre went into the pits with a lead of over 22 seconds. I continued around for one more lap (hoping to scare him of thinking i was going the distance with no stop :eek: haha that was no chance). Came out of the pits and the gap to Spetre was around 3 seconds!
    Lap 44 I made a few mistakes as sneeky kept getting closer and closer and got passed me after I stuffed up the hairpin and mistake my braking zone soon after. Clean pass and back to P4.
    Lap 47, second last lap, sneeky must of had a wheel on the outside curb on turn 1 for too long and around he went. Back up to P3 for me and sitting about 3 seconds behind The Spectre. Only change of getting a better finish than him was for him to make a mistake. I stayed as close as I could but no mistake by him and he crossed the line in front of me. Championship over as he would take the title with any result higher than mine.

Great racing for the season guys.