PCARS Season 2 - Div 4

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 10, 2016.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'm from Perth too but I believe it ends on the first Sunday of April. So the race will start at 6pm Perth time as opposed to 5pm previously if our races are still based on 8pm Eastern start.
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  3. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi guys, as far as i understand daylight savings ended last night and therefore normal time zones apply. anyway, if its at all possible, because tonight is the enduro, can we start just a little bit earlier tonight so that we don't finish to late tonight? Perhaps if everyone is online ready to go by 7:30pm AEST, that way we can start quali ASAP and then the race underway not long after that. If this is an issue for anyone, then I'm happy to start it at the regular time.

Also on a side note, I had internet issues yesterday (Thanks Telstra) where my net dropped out for good. Anyway, net was restored last night, so it should be good to go, but just in case is someone willing to be available on standby to host in case i fail to get the room going because of internet issues
  4. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Man i just flicked on to get practice and have to do the update. I have to wait for that bwfore i get my first bit of track time. So id rather not but if we have to i guess ill learn as i go. See what the others say.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Happy with a 7:30 start, forgot the whole DLS change happened today so that gives me extra time to do dinner, etc.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Wont make 7:30 but will be on before 8. Practicing now but dinner is almost ready.
  7. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Qualified 3rd, having not turned a wheel on Hockenheim since Accolade's "Grand Prix" on Commodore 64, which I was pretty happy with, then did a Vettel from third to be in P1 at Turn 1. Went a bit wide and copped a cut penalty, allowing the pack to catch me up, was mid pack on Turn 2, and got turned around. Again. Getting a bit sick of this. Race went south from there, and eventually succumbed to cut track penalties, but the taps on the first three corners of races is becoming a bit old. I haven't said too much about it through the season, but it has to be smartened up next season.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well that was... Fun....

Qualified 9th. Bad start off the line but ok, ppl have cold tyres so will catch the back markers up quick enough.
    Yep, ppl going off track like mad Kent's all over the place, time to catch up. So I'm in 4th all of a sudden but don't maintain it cos I am not that fast of a driver to maintain it. That and those coming back on track requiring defensive moves or hits that ruin my line.

I kept going nonetheless, got to sit pretty comfortably in 8th until I get shunted, no redress. Get shunted again, no redress. All good, they went off soon after so I picked up my places again.
    Hyperspace car, one moment it was behind me but the next it is on my right edge and turning in to me. Unfortunately it sent him a wee bit wide. All good, redress, drop back and let the code adjust, which is did.

The it went to hell in a basket. Lap 27, drop in to the pit stop to renew tyre and top up the fuel, grab a drink from the fridge and get back in the seat before its done. NOPE. It decided I didn't need fuel or rubber, came out of the pits on a tank slapper because I was still getting back in to the seat and the wheel was doing its own thing. Ok, will repit next lap, I have some space.

Nope, Colin right on my are. Pulled away knowing I had to repit and had a couple of slip ups, as did he. Back in to the pits... Leave the pits with no fuel top up and no new tyres, again. So I hit the button and retired to the pits on lap 28 knowing that it wasn't worth trying for yet another lap.

And not to mention the cut track penalties.. 5s for one, 10s for another,... How does it determine the seconds???

Hope you all had a better race than I.

Edited due to spelling and additional words required.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  9. Dev1lman_87

Dev1lman_87 Rookie

PSN ID
    Dev1lman_87 Swampy_Marsh
  10. freddyp_33

freddyp_33 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    freddyp_33
    Well talk about p#%%ed off!! What a waste of time! Pitted and my useless pit crew couldn't be bothered to put my fuel in. Came out still just in first position. Tried pitting again and same thing. Pitted a third time and the useless p@&%#s finally decided they would give me some fuel, better late than never. Race was completely stuffed after that so didn't care about spinning out, just tried to set the fastest lap.
    Well sone to @fezza for the win. I think we would have had a great battle all the way if my pit crew didn't stuff up!
    fezza and Zachery like this.
  11. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    And thats the season!

I had a good race, albeit not as good as i could've. Jumped the start and got a pit lane penalty. Came out of that in 8th pos and just pushed hard for the first half of the race. Pitted for rubber on lap 26 and then my pit crew decided to wait 30s before servicing me. Total pit time was a whole damn minute just in the bay. Came out and just worked my way up to second. First time this season i felt like i had real pace. If it wasnt for my stupid mistake at the start and my pit crew being slow i woulda been fighting fezza for the lead. Ah well nice to end my season with my highest placing. Been good racing with you guys for my first season. Will be back and raring from the start next time round.
    freddyp_33 and fezza like this.
  12. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    all hail the S2D4 pCars champion :thumbsup:
    managed to nab pole in the last few seconds of quali. had an ok start, purple whizzed pass everyone, I initially thought he jump started :p but nope, he did a vettel indeed.
    started to pull away with freddy and rocket a couple of seconds behind me. later on had some battles with freddy but realised I was losing too much time with rocket behind me so decided to stick with my own pace as rocket was my only competition. freddy had to pit again, so went P1 again.
    before the race I was planning on a 2 stopper but managed to tweak my setup a bit to squeeze in a 1 stopper, which helped me get the win in the end :)
  13. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Seems pit crews werent keen tonight.
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yeah sucks to hear about your pit issues. I don't think I would've fought very hard anyways as my only goal was to keep rocket behind me.

those with pit issues, did you set it up during quali/practice? with tyres set to be changed etc? and when you drive into pits, do you just close the pit board?
  15. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    A race of ups and downs for me. Night started off badly when I set up the lobby and we were all set to go, and i was about to send Hat my joker pick for tonight, and then i got DSC from the lobby, meaning i spent the next 5 mins trying to get back into the lobby, and ultimately forgot to pick my joker. Anyway, managed to gather myself togetehr to set a decent lap time in quali to get myself into 5th on the grid.

Race started pretty average, saw the car starting to my left (not sure who it was) get a ripper start, must have timed the lights perfectly because i thought they had just about jumped it. Anyway, coming to turn 2, i was getting a bit of morse code on my bumper and ultimately meant i was giving a bit of morse code to the guy in front (yay for PCARS collision physcis). Anyway, once we got ourselves sorted through turn 2, i managed to hold myself and get up into 3rd before coming through the esses to before the penultimate corner, car got unsettled in the rear (not sure if there was a bump, or i went round by myself), but sure enough i spun the car and had to wait for the whole field to pass me. As i was waiting for the whole field to pass me, i was off to the drag strip on the outside slowly trying to build speed so i could join ASAP, but then PCARS gave me a 10s penalty for "cutting the track", cheers PCARS. So by this stage i was almost ready to throw in the towel, but i kept going and as a result had one of the best battles of the season with @colin-50_ . Bumper to bumper and passes at every corner for about 10 laps before i spun the car coming through the fast right hander after the hairpin at the bottom of the circuit. To add insult to injury then, i spun because my tyres had given up, undertseered onto the exit kerbs, spun on the kerbs was given a another cut track penalty and as a result of drastically slowed speed, i lost control of the car again and it speared off into the opposite side of the road adding another 5 seconds to that penalty for again "cutting the track". Anyway, came in for my first stop on about lap 14 and much like everyone else, it seemed my pit crew wanted to have a cup of tea before they serviced my car.

Came out, and finally got myself into a ryhthm and started to set some quick laps. By this stage people started to drop like flies and i was climbing back up the field which was nice. had to pit once more on lap 30 because my tyres were shot to pieces again, and eventually came home 2 laps down in 6th. was very disappointed with this result tonight, had a great start, knew i had the pace to run up the front, but then blew it by the end of lap 1, and PCARS made my night even worse.

Anyway, been a good season guys. Apart from some of the silly moves or bump and runs that tend to happen at t1 or on L1, its been a good fun season. Congrats to @fezza on the championship, look forward to racing with you guys again next season
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    couple of things.......
    1. I assume you activated the pit strategy before the race ?
    2. you do know that when you set your fuel strategy EG 50 ltrs, the pit fuels up to that amount ? So if you went in to pit and had 55 ltrs in the tank, it wont add any fuel because you are over the fill limit ? had my "fuel fill" to 57ltrs, and when i came into the pits i had 52ltrs, so it only added 5ltrs to get me to the end.
    3. all you have to do when you enter the pit is hit "close" assuming you had the pitstop activated....

If you have done all that i have no idea whats happened, would give you my neighbor's dog to kick but its copped a hammering from me this season !
    fezza likes this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    It sounds like there were a few who did not understand the refuelling procedure in Pcars.... Maybe a blanket message prior to the enduro is S3 will help
  18. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    yeah I think that was it, as the only pitting issue I've had with pcars have been the "stuck in pit" bug from S1. thankfully never happened in S2.
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    HAHA now i look stupid, nothing happened until i hit close on my pit strategy. now im more pissed off at myself as both issues for me were MY OWN doing, pit lane drive through for jumping the start along with me not getting my crew working for 30s cost me the win, i was 30s behind fez at the end so in a perfect world i coulda been well ahead (barring any issues if i did get to battle for the position)
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    any disconnections?