PGA Tour 2K21 Official RaceOnOz Society

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    thanks for the add. I've had a crack and already thrown my controller / club through a window but that's a sign of a good golf game
    JonoStan96 and Matthyus like this.
  2. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I agree
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Had a few Elpresador rage moments in this round, onto a good course now next…

Oh, and big announcement coming at 6pm :)
    Jim_aka_The_Man likes this.
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Hi i'm back playing golf
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Victorian PGA Championship
    Nov 25 - Dec 1
    Course: Peninsula KIngswood Country Golf Club

Par: 72
    Rounds: 4

The first visit on the Australasian Leg takes us to Peninsula Kingswood, located in Frankston, Melbourne. Also known as the Sandbelt region. These courses are famous for their expansive bunkering, fast greens and spectacular sculpting, and the North Course at Peninsula Kingswood is no exception. First established in 1967 and merged in 2013, this course will test your skills from tee to green, with twists and turns at every hole. This course might be short, but you will be punished if your approach shots are inaccurate. Overall, this course is a welcome sight to those reeling from Thieves Landing.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    stucar17, Xtr3meNZer and Matthyus like this.
  7. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I would join in more often, but I need to up my game to be able to be competitive. Sometimes I can nail some shots, then others it's way off, and I think it's in regards to the way it doesn't help choose clubs for you in regards to being off the fairway (say you're on a slight hill and in the rough, it doesn't give you the right suggestion for the club), and I don't know golf enough to know which club etc I should be using.

I am however, playing the PGA Tour often, and I am getting better at getting the shots semi straight (playing the base pro-a, setting), and about 1/3 of the time getting the putts in the right spot before doing the putting line 'cheat' to check my guess.

So once I'm actually a bit more practiced and such, then I will properly give this a go lol. When it was throwing my balls off all over the place and I wasn't getting my shots that I thought should be happening, I was very disheartened and gave up on it, hence why I haven't come back to it lol. And I know it's because I need to up my game.
    Beats143 likes this.
  8. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Makes sense if your a non golfer. Couple of tips
    If you’re in the heavy rough you may need to hit 2 or 3 clubs stronger to get the distance you need. Say it’s giving you an 8 iron you might need to hit a 6 or 5 iron. If it says in the top right corner heavy rough 70-80% that means when you move the landing circle it will go about that distance less than where the circle is, so in this instance you would need to have the circle past the back of the green and it will go about 80% of that and therefore hopefully land on the green.
    Sometimes in heavy rough you are better to just get it back on the fairway especially for your second shot on a par 4 for example to avoid heavy rough to heavy rough or into a bunker
    Tip 2 if your right handed
    If the ground below your feet is slopping down horizontally left to right the ball will go right as soon as you hit it so aim further left to compensate. Opposite for the other way
    Trial and error is the only way to work this out. Hope this helps a bit. Good luck. I am happy to have a game with you and chat while we play to be your caddy and advise along the way. Just let me know
  9. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Some excellent tips thank you! I will definitely take that onboard next time I'm having a whack :) Greatly appreciated as it now makes a bit more sense to me.
    JonoStan96, Matthyus and Beats143 like this.
  10. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Something else that I thought of is when your playing PGA tour for example, that will be at the settings you have set. When you play in the ROOZ tournaments you play at the settings Jono has it set at and these could be different to what you are used to.
    @JonoStan96 would you be able to post the current settings you have set for the tournament’s. it has changed since the last time you did It. That might help some people out. Cheers
  11. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    JonoStan96 and Beats143 like this.
  12. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Yes, combined with green speed it was a true challenge to us mere mortals. To some it was nothing. I tried to show respect to the course but it gave nothing back except a build up of pressure as the round went on. Missed about 6 putts by a centimetre :(:(
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Only 6...
    Sand actually became a safe haven, as it stopped the ball going wayward...
    I was doing OK, sitting at -4 at the start of the 3rd round, but faulted at the tail end of round 3 and dropped to E.
    Now I have an uphill battle to reclaim some confidence for the final round.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I’m finally back after a long weekend away :)

Some further quality of life updates:
    (Providing imgur doesn’t decide to suck)
    - Tournament Introductions will be posted every Wednesday night, the day before the tournament begins.
    - Each tournament introduction (Aus GP didn’t have one, my apologies) will include a course difficulty rating out of 10 based on the overall intricacies of the course, such as green speed/firmness, fairway width, rough length and hazards.
    - A screenshot of the tournament settings will be provided so those struggling to adapt to varying wind changes can be prepared to tackle any hole, no matter the situation.
    - A video playthrough or course fly-by will be showcased if one exists. Tournaments that feature courses that have hosted PGA Tour events worldwide will also include historic clips.
    - I will continue to live stream my rounds every second day, (hopefully!) useful for those wanting to learn the course, shot by shot. I’m also happy to commentate over them too if requested.

Please continue to enjoy the game and the tournaments as they repeat each Thursday, in the meantime, please feel free to sign up for the match play tournament commencing next year!
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/2k-rooz-elimination-alt-shot-tournament.4612/
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Stew Wilson, Beats143 and Matthyus like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. Bruise19

Bruise19 New Recruit

PSN ID
    Bruise19
    Jim_aka_The_Man and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Past events results (imgur actually works now, yay)
    A solid purple patch for Sir Ozzy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    NSW Open
    December 8-15
    Course: New South Wales Golf Club
    Par: 72
    Difficulty: 6/10 - Definitely not the most tricky course from the tee to green, but expect trouble once the wind starts blowing.
    Rounds: 4
    First established in 1926, this Alister Mackenzie/Eric Apperly designed masterpiece located in La Perouse often ranks inside the Top 50 courses worldwide, and is easily one of the 5 best courses in Australia. The Pacific Ocean provides an incredible backdrop as you navigate your way through a links style layout designed to test your every skill. Despite it’s lofty reputation, it has rarely been the site of any significant tournaments, only hosting the Australian Open once in 2009, won in convincing fashion by Adam Scott. Still, fast greens, high winds and rugged cliffs will make for a solid challenge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Matthyus likes this.
  19. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    NSW is a great course. BUT!!! One day it’s like the above video. Next day it can be unplayable. I have had games there that when your about to put, the ball can blow off the green. (True story). I see the settings Jono has showed us firm and fast with wind on 2 days. This will make it very interesting. I have hit 3 wood on the par 3 6th hole back in the day playing off 2 or 3 handicap into a south east wind and Aimed it straight at the ocean on the left, only to finish in the bunker on the right and I didn’t slice it. Bring it on.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID