PlayStation Playstation TV

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by PurpleDog, Feb 3, 2015.

1. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    Considering getting a Playstation TV (THIS) unit to hook up on my rig so I can leave my PS4 attached to the main TV for Battlefield etc. Anyone had any experience with these yet, specifically with wheels attached?
    The concept looks great, but only having one USB port means no gearstick for my T500 unless these start working through a USB hub.
    Thoughts?
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I run Play TV at home and use the hard drive as a pvr. Freezes up occasionally but pretty good for what it is. Can record and watch another channel or even be playing a game and still have it record. I have a Five port hub that is made to fit the PS3 and have that, and two controller chargers plugged in at all times with the other two free for my wheel and headset when I race. No problems with my set up but I understand some wheels won't work through a hub.
  3. PurpleDog

PurpleDog Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    PurpleDog
    I think you maybe misunderstand. Playstation TV sends your PS4 to another TV. It is like a terminal services PS4 in another room using your main PS4 as the server, using your LAN to connect the 2 units. However, I have now come up with another thought, that I should have just realised was the answer. Move the PS4 to the rig, and use the PS-TV to play Battlefield occasionally on the main TV...Duh!
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Aaaahhhhh. My bad. Gonna just go hide under a rock............................