PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    +69 :thumbsup:
    Out of all 7 PCARS League and 6 HTO starts i have only finished 7 of them due to glitches, game crashes, disconects and most of the ones i have finished (Except R2 S2) have all featured some sort of bug/glitch. I just hope Assetto Corsa of GTS is good enough to run a league without the game crapping itself.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Beau_Albert, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    I'm more worried about the future of GT than AC tbh given the lack of improvement and their reluctance to drop the tacky 90's Japanese approach. (I have nothing against Japanese games, love em in fact but I don't appreciate it in GT any longer)
  3. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    There approach may be crappy, but :):):):) remove those stupid servers the racing aspect is pretty competitive and fun had lots of fun there but it's time to move on.
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    apart from the sliding Pcars is pretty good driving wise, but everything else about the game is worse then even GT6. Soo many bugs need to be fixed it's crazy.
    Nathancarhead, JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    If PD can learn from their mistakes of the 7th Gen GT7 will be back to it's glory days of the PS2. Kaz has even said the PS3 was basically a piece of :):):):) console and the PS4 is a million times easier to develop on. However with evidence suggesting standard cars will return, I'm not holding my breath. Just hire some damn employees, there clearly isn't enough work being done there.
    Nathancarhead and seth123 like this.
  6. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Here's where Juzzy steps in to remind people about one little thing .
    pCars is a world better then GT6 which is a glitch ridden piece of crap . I've done a bit of pc racing as well And in my opinion its the best racing game I have ever played (I've been playing racing games since 1997) .
    Its like any first game in a new franchise , you have to expect some issues .
    I've payed for every DLC, paint pack's , tracks , you name it and I don't use a credit card I get a $50 PlayStation card every couple of months , its that easy .
    Oh and one more thing , the cars sticking together thing , just don't run into the car beside you , problem solved .
  7. thebigRAGOO_14

thebigRAGOO_14 Team Driver

PSN ID
    thebigRAGOO_14
    Words of wisdom
    stucar17, beakeroo and TheJuzzy like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    While i agree in regards to the sticking of cars part, with 'simply don't run into the car beside you' working 10/10 times, it makes the racing a bit more dull being unable to make contact.
    Don't want that to sound like i'm a dirty driver....
    BUT i loved moments like in Season 5 of GT6, myself and Mister_Bond being able to make door to door contact on apexes, mental hard racing, slightest mirror to mirror touches down the straights, constant swapping of places knowing that neither of us are going in the gravel unless front quarter panel meets rear, which over 5 seasons of GT6 Sunday League in total, can't say happened once. No one ever got pushed off line, no one ever protested the other because it was nothing but the hardest, most intense racing i've been apart of.
    On PCars, that kind of epic racing isn't possible sadly and THAT, is my biggest hatred of the game.
    Everything is amplified to what feels like over the top levels.
  9. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I was hoping you would reply with " Check Mate " , ha ha ha .
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    This game Physics/Servers wise, doesn't come close to Rfactor, Rfactor 2, Assetto corsa, Game stock car and Iracing.
    For actual racing its much worse then GT6 when it comes to actual battles you can't even bump draft or even touch an opponent without the physics crapping themselves, the physics are fun driving wise though but when it comes to the sliding and contact it's completely unrealistic.

The setting up of the car is much more detailed then GT6, but you can't balance the cars so making a multi car series is going to quite unequal.

As someone who has played most of what is on PC and on both Consoles, this game is good but not even close to the best and is probably the buggiest Racing game i have played.
    JonoStan96, TheJuzzy and seth123 like this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I have faith in GT as they don't require people to keep buying their monthly shambles to recover the wreck off 2013

Some of the DLC is decent I'll add for project

I had fun on GT6 but no longer will play it again

Went to project cars expecting a new 'racing game' but well it can go pear shaped quick as

In the racing world I'm on the fence with games now

Sadly gt6 made empty promises too and major screw ups too, hopefully one day (AC) will be the console gaming we need but the faith with the console gaming right now is miminal.

Surely things can't go backwards from here :unsure:
    JonoStan96 and TheJuzzy like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hmmm I dunno, Pcars carries over most of the things that ruined this game that SMS blamed EA for...
    TheJuzzy and seth123 like this.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Shift 3 confirmed ;)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

i did :D lol
  15. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

I still love you.:inlove:;):roflmao:
    Driftoz likes this.
  16. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    All good points gentlemen , How ever , GT6 is basically an arcade racer , so you can bump and grind as much as you want .
    PC game's , I love them BUT! The amount of commitment you have to put in to be competitive mean's on life , no woman , no marriage (I lost a marriage because of R factor).
    And physics , we all saw at Bathurst last year when a car got to close to the rear of another through the chase front car had aero unbalance , rear car nearly came off . If your chasing a car in front of you , your in there dirty air so tyre temps go up , then you'll get a spike in tyre temp out of a corner then bang , you've spun .
    I'm not saying its the perfect game , but I think its the best console racing game by a long shot .
  17. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Yeah stig , that game has a better use as a concrete trowel .
    And seeeth , NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    If only you put a T at the end of that sentence Juzzy :whistling:
    [​IMG]

Certainly agree with you though, PCARS is the best we have right now. I just hope that the direction of the future is that we go up, because it's not entirely clear where we are going right now, as seth said :oops:
    Sam D Blacklock, seth123 and TheJuzzy like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Put it this way, if this gen doesn't come good with racing games, I'm going back to Nintendo to play more Mario and Zelda lol.
    Crunch, TheJuzzy and Peter Wise like this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Well problem with that is you'll probably be playing the same games you did x amount of years ago lol. They're all bloody re-releases there right now!
    TheJuzzy likes this.