PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    There's no doubt we want to get a livery editor on the consoles, it's just a lot trickier to do

* Designing an in-game editor is no small task, keep in mind the pCARS community budget was relatively small (~$5mil) - compare that to the ~$60mil budget for GT5 - and the funds have been primarily focused on the core aspects of the game. (Car licenses are super expensive, on top of staff wages over 3 years, etc). If there's a way for them to make it as an update (and the requests are loud enough), I'm sure they'll do it - they're just in "finish the game" mode right now.

* Using Photoshop as the editor means a lot less work, and is similar to how the devs make their in-game liveries, but Sony/Microsoft would never allow such an open system due the anticipated abuse with obscene liveries/game ratings. MS/Sony have to give their OK on the game before it's made available to the public.

HOWEVER, those who purchased the Manager level tool pack can design a livery for one car to be included in the base game. I just happen to be a Manager and am working on a livery for the RUF RGT8 GT3 with some buddies on another forum. If you want to send me a high resolution logo of your respective leagues I don't mind placing them on the car. You just can't have any URLs or copyrighted imagery, etc that you don't own.

WIP:
    [​IMG]
    KoAStR likes this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Interesting Ryzza.

Car looks the goods !

Are you saying we could get our "RaceonOZ" logo on the car ? I am pretty sure that Clevo has a Hi res image he could get to you.

Forgive my ignorance, but are there the same restrictions on iRacing for example, as far as putting logos and sponsor names on the cars ? Am just thinking for the future, would there be restrictions on running liveries that represent our forum sponsors, if they give consent to use their logos etc??

Cheers
    Stu
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Shame about the livery editor for consoles, but overall, the info looks great Ryzza.
    Fingers crossed for G27 compatibility, don't really want to have to buy another wheel for it.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    They'd be silly not to do something with the G27 in particular. I'd say at least half the people who play Gran Turismo with a wheel use a G27, maybe even more.
    It's pretty safe to assume that PCARS is intended to grab market share from GT...
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sounds like this title will be much better on PC, especially for those are consider investing in a PS4 primarily for pCARS.

@leeboy910, as for physics, last time I played it, overall physics were comparable to GT5, early builds were perhaps not even quite as good but it was heading in the right direction and I'm sure it's improved since then. Still, I can't see the final offering being leaps and bounds ahead of GT6. As for 'glitchy' issues like you have raised with curbs, dunno. One would hope environmentally specific parameters would have been fine tuned well with the large community involvement during development.

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/p-c-a-r-s.237/#post-11630
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I never got the hi-res pics am still waiting on them o_O
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Clevohead likes this.
  8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    Kerbs were an issue a year or two ago, but they've nutted that out with help from Nic.

As long as the site/brand owner wants the logo on the car, and the logo doesn't have a http://www. or .com shown on it, then it's fine. I'm not badass enough to access that link though ^ ;)

There won't be that much difference between the PC and console versions (ok I've got no idea how the Wii U version will compare but I'm not too fussed) - the only differences will be down to what limitations Sony/MS impose.

Also just so we're clear - it's up to Logitech and Sony to make the G25/G27 compatible with PS4. If they take care of that, then the game will support it. Just like it wouldn't be the game devs fault if there were no Windows 8 drivers for your wheel. I certainly hope it is supported, since my Fanatec wheel emulates a G25 when in PS3 mode.
  9. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just pm'd you the art ;)
    stucar17, Cyber_STIG_77 and Stumbles like this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ad2mny and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    KoAStR and stucar17 like this.
  12. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    You want screenshots - you should have asked! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of these ones are old, but plenty more where they came from

New Rene Rast video:
    Ad2mny, KoAStR, stucar17 and 2 others like this.
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Is there only cockpit view mate ?
  14. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    No, you've got all the usual plus a few more, and some cinematic ones, and (at least for now on PC) freecam. There's no photo-mode in the game yet - they're just print-screens essentially.

Online session host can restrict everyone to cockpit view if they want.
    Crunch likes this.
  15. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Very much looking forward to Pcars.....need to start earning those brownie points to trade-in later in the year for a PS4 ;)
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ahhhhhh, brownie points, so hard to earn, so easy to lose ....
    Crunch, Ad2mny, Clevohead and 2 others like this.
  17. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hey Ryzza, what is the damage like... I mean, is it similar to iRacing where you can blow your engine if you down-shift too quick?? The damage from crashes and stuff look pretty cool from the youtube vids I've seen.

Looking forward to this as well, will be on PS4, my antique PC wouldn't cope with anything near what this would need
  18. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Was looking at the video at that guys set up, totally awesome, always a shame ps3/ps4 can't do multi screen without three consoles and three copies of the game, but then found out pcars is going to support project Morpheus which is sonys version of a VR headset like occulus rift, my only concern with these things is trying to find the right button to push mid race without being able to see it and more importantly finding your beer with your eyes covered.
  19. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I see what you did there!!

A Ricciardo Zonda!! LOL...sorry if you don't get the joke but it's hilarious to me :)
  20. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    That WIlliams Martini livery is epic. I love it, so simple and nostalgic.
    The Sierras look awesome too!
    I'm imagining all the liveries I want to produce! If need be, I'll get the PS4 version AND PC version (simply for livery editing!!).
    I'm just hoping it plays as good as it looks and sounds.
    stucar17 likes this.