PCARS-2 Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 4, 2020.

1. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Nek minnit GT7 launches with PS5 and everyone forgets about anything else
    Viperzed, seth123, Mustafur and 3 others like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  3. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Before I watched those videos I wondered if I would see something that would begin to tempt me away from iRacing.
    It quickly becomes apparent that the next gen titles still won't have much of what I take for granted now (VR, 40+ car grids, proper team endurance racing, the occasional race against top professional drivers)
    The money I would have to spend on getting a PS5 to play the next GT or PC title, I'm gonna put towards a new set of pedals.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Until we get the capabilities of what the PS5 can do id be prepared to say we wont get near what PC can do.
    Def larger grids would be a huge boost to the console brigade, whether its pcars or GTS.... 24-28 or 30 car grids would be epic.... driver swaps would be unreal...... we live in hope !
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I can't wait to finish 28th in div 1 lol
    garyw61 and JJ_Penguin like this.
  6. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

With that many people you could run two divs in multi classes in one race!
  7. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Assetto Corsa Competizione is releasing on consoles on 23rd, any chances for a series on that?
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    possibly... Ill have a look at it, but im not sure how much depth there is to it in terms of cars and tracks.... I think its just GT3 but dont quote me on that ....
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    garyw61 and stucar17 like this.
  10. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Well after reading interviews with the developers and watching the trailers it looks like it's going to be a mix between GTS and NFS so when you mix crap with crap you get :):):):) fingers crossed assetto corsa competizione is good. Oh well so close but yet so far, all they needed to do was make Pcars 2 work properly and add some cars and tracks. I don't think I'll pre order this one. Rant over and out
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nah seriously wtf is this :roflmao:
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Obviously its a guy racing career mode, against weak ai with stability control turned on. Cant tell anything about physics or multiplayer quality from this.
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Interlagos :)
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    step 1 - Turn off that back ground music !
    Step 2 - Turn off that commentator !
    Step 3 - Go to online and hope they havent dumbed it down from PC2 !

From what ive read and seen it seems that they have filled up the career mode with lots of stuff so it can be dumbed down as much as the driver wants. If thats the case, then fine, so long as they havent ruined the online aspect which most people agreed just needed a tweak here or there to make it just that little bit better again.

Graphics look about the same, not a biggie... was always going to struggle to look as good as GTS does. Hard to know though looking at a beta, but GTS looked unbelievable from day 1.

Livery editor from what i can gather will be something like GRID. Again, GTS nailed their editor, so they were always pushing :):):):) uphill to compete with that but this might be a good compromise in terms of getting team liveries together.

Physics, is supposed to be a slightly tweaked version of the one they have now. TBH, i dont think they needed to do much with it, but simplify the wheel settings. To be fair, would be a major pain the arse with all the different wheel options available between Thrustmaster, logitech and Fanatec. Would be a shame though if PC3 loses the feel it had, IMO this was light years ahead of GTS.

Track list is supposed to be MASSIVE, codemasters have the rights to so many tracks so that will blow everything else out of the water you would think....

Add in the time and weather settings, and ill say im cautiously optimistic :ninja::sneaky::unsure:
    v8power383 likes this.
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Just from the music you can tell this has taken a step back to being arcadey.
    EDIT: I thought the HUD looked super arcadey as well, and since I have never seen PC2s HUD i went to have a look and compare. And wow massive difference between the two.
    v8power383 likes this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i hate music when i race, even in GT i always turned it off...even in the menus !

The HUD in PCARS 2 could be modified in a million different ways with as little or much info as you want. Time will tell if PCARS is the same, the track map, lap times and tacho look the same as pcars 2, but remains to be seen if they can be moved to peoples liking.

I honestly think people have bagged it way too early, after them playing PCARS for a few years and getting used to working around the games issues. That said, they could have dumbed it right across the board and it could be a dog of a thing....
    We wont know till we play it !
    Max Gassit likes this.
  17. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    You'd think that with the amount of backlash they're getting SMS would be rushing to get some gameplay without the arcade assists on (if that's even an option)
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    What’s the reason project cars has taken a step in this direction anyway has this been a management change?
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There was backlash when GTS hit for the small track list and limited physics changes as well from memory. I remember playing the GTS beta, and thinking along with others that we were playing a pretty version of GT5 with less tracks !
    TBH its just white noise to them, GTS has the backing of FIA and Sony, so people whingeing about GTS on release was nothing but a bit of noise to them. The numbers playing now would say that GTS has been a success for them...So again, its hard to know until we get into PCARS3 to see what they have done with it, but i still feel they have shown the dumbed down version in career mode, which for us isnt where its at. Ive only played about 2% of the Career mode in PCARS 2, and about 10% in GTS. They probably should have shown the tweaks they made to improve what they had (assuming they have tweaks) first, to keep the long term players on side, and start the hype train.
    Slightly Mad were bought out by codemasters late last year. At the time of sale, Ian Bell from PCARS said things along the line
    - PCARS3 was already well in development, about half finished.
    - There was talk that they wanted to make the game easier for controller users and increase their audience that way
    - Codemasters gave Slightly Mad the chance to expand the track list further.
    - A lot of the changes were add ons to what they had but also making the game 'more fun" (what ever the hell that means)

To be fair, no one knows what step the game has taken... Forwards, sideways or back. Bell has spoken about options to the casual gamer while keeping things for the more serious drivers... Have to wait and see i guess.

A few months old, but story from development
    https://wccftech.com/project-cars-slightly-mad-studios-bought-codemasters/

This was from Ian Bell Yesterday....
    https://wccftech.com/bell-project-cars-3-game-changer/

And this
    https://www.engadget.com/project-cars-3-preview-065738767.html
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    seth123 and garyw61 like this.
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I think it's pretty obvious that all the marketing at this stage has been aimed at the 'casual gamer'. Ian Bells tweets seem to imply that the sim side has been improved too, so hopefully we will see something that's an improvement on PCARS 2, but with a crapload more tracks!
    stucar17 likes this.