PCARS-2 Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by stucar17, Jun 4, 2020.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Nobody knows till they play it. You cant tell how it actually feels from watching a video..

IMO, from playing both games, the car feel in PC2 is far more involved than the feel in GTS.
    Im not saying that's not a 'bad' thing for GTS, in some aspects its actually better because it doesnt over complicate it as it can for PCARS where you need to adjust the settings to get the feel right for different cars.

It will either be really good or will be a heap of us heading back to the shop for a trade in !
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    OFF TOPIC

Why would some game makers know about PS5 and be able to create on that platform and others still working towards ps4? (Assuming they’re complete unaware of the next Gen)
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OFF TOPIC REPLY !
    Buggered if i know. The only thing i can think of is that they know the PS5 will play PS4 games and updates will allow them to upgrade to the new hardware ???
  4. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Playstation Studios, a group of devs supported directly by Sony with in house equipment. This group includes PD
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Its a bit like when Jeep advertises a car, they’re not going to be completely honest about the car of course they’re going to say its good, Its up to the person to make said purchase and go from there

if everything was as good as it was marketed as wouldn’t the world be different :thumbsup:
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Really gives the upper hand, definitely something to be annoyed about as a developer i would imagine?
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yeah if my main rival was getting first party support i'd probably be a bit sad
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Id be curios to know the costs for someone like Codemasters or SMS to get a game on PS4/5 compared to the production costs for someone in house like PD. From a business perspective, thats why it would make sense for them (Codies) to try to appeal to the masses to increase profits through bulk sales.... The 'collateral' are the stuck on fans who liked what they had, but as a smaller base it doesnt make financial sense.
  9. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    How does pcars2 have a step up on physics compared to GT Sport? You keep making this claim without referencing anything.
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

From a developers point of view, creating a game for PS5 won't be much different to PS4. A bit like making games for PCs which differ greatly in power.

The PS5 will simply have more power than the PS4, which allows them to ramp up graphics quality, have better AI, handle more physics calculations and most likely VR (which the PS4 pro could have done ok but the standard PS4 would have struggled, hence why we never got VR on PS4 for Project Cars 2).

The step up from PS3 to PS4 was much bigger, as the PS3 architecture was very different from any other gaming platform before or since.
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Because the cars give so much more feedback in PC compared to GT, in my set up at least.
    Road bumps or undulations, slides, standing water, general tyre grip and slip etc all feel more relatable in PC2. Even the difference in feel between the cold - warm tyres feel completely different in PC2 compared to the static feel of the physics in GTS.
    I said earlier that the PC2 set up is actually too complicated IMO to get the right feel for each car (and every car is different) you feel like your always looking for something in the endless settings compared to the 2 bar adjustments in GTS.
    v8power383 likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

I think 'better' physics means closer to real. I'm sure like many of us, I have enjoyed the occasional hoon in a real car on a country road, PC2 feels much closer to that than GT6 ever did. From all accounts I have read, GTS wasn't a major step up from GT6 in that respect.

Having driven both I can say PC2 physics is very close to iRacing. In fact until the recent V7 tire model in iRacing, I would have said PC2 tire modeling was better. For me, adapting to VR was more challenging than the change car handling.
  13. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    GT sport is dependent on the wheel you’re using also, G29 is crap, TGT is a world of difference

Being close to Iracing I feel is a dead argument cause when you look at Iracing it’s covered in nerds who wouldn’t know the greatest deal, Scott McLaughlin doesn’t think Iracing is too great either, Iracing like project cars and gran turismo sport is simply just a game. One being like the other or different has no weight in an argument you simply find the one you like the most and go for it, if Sim was so important Jono’s f1 leagues wouldn’t have been so successful

The community wants a good game not a watered down anything
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    We were waiting for the iracing comment from Benny.

How many people can honestly say that they can directly compare a real race car to a race car version in a game?
    The only person that can, plays GT Sport.
  15. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    My brother said it’s all garbage Hope this helps
  16. its-benny-racer

Ok, Scott McLaughlin doesn't think it is too great, yet he has been racing on it regularly for many years. Him along with SVG, Anton De Pasquale, Max Verstappen, Lando Norris, Romain Grosjean (this list just goes on) choose iRacing over all others because it gives them a more realistic platform on which to keep their skills sharp.

See this article about Lando's opinion on the subject..
    https://www.racefans.net/2020/04/11...real-world-drivers-prefer-iracing-to-f1-2019/
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    This
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    He also does iRacing !
  19. CaptainRisky21