PS4/5 ACC Season 3 Debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Feb 2, 2021.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi Lads
    Write up all of the drama from your races here.
  2. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    First of all I want to say sorry to my team mate Psycogency for ruining a possible and likely race win. He has accepted me apologies, but I still feel lower then a snakes bum!
    My race was full highs and lows.
    I made a meal of qualifying only managing 9th.
    Lap 1 seen me receive damage from someone who didn't get a clean run through the chicane. I tried to go the long way around, but I didn't take a long enough route lol. I decided to just carry on which turned out good in my favour as I managed to capitalise on a few others mistakes. Before I knew it I was in 3rd still lapping ok and slowly chipping away at the front 2. My luck soon ran out as I went to pass a lapped car which didn't work and got sent of the track. I only lost about 5 seconds and was still plotting along in 3rd.
    I made a pit stop around 15 laps in to come out in 7th. Unfortunately with in the next few laps the server crashed.
    Restarting the race starting in 7th made for some fun racing. I managed to make my way through the field once again capitalising on others mistakes back into 3rd and was having a very fun little battle with Brett for 2nd.
    When I made my pitstop is where my comedy or errors began and sadly was a leading factor to my poor driving and cost my team mate Psycogency a possible race win. I accidentally put on a unwanted set of tires with no pressures pre adjusted in setup. I came out of the pits almost a lap down just in front of my team mate Psycogency. I honestly forgot about the restart and thought oh well at least I have fresh tires and everyone will have 30 lap old tires. I am stupid for forgetting everyone's tires are only 20min old and are in perfect condition. Meanwhile my tires were insanely cold and not gaining pressure. My tires went from amazing to terrible. I finally gave up trying to not get lapped, but I chose I very stupid spot to move over for my team mate. I got out of shape and over corrected and spun out right in front of him taking him out. It was brutal. Despite my crappy driving my team mate finished on the podium. I finished last. I really struggled the last stint. I couldn't get the pressures about 25 degrees. The first three quarters of the race was very fun for me. But I sent it of the cliff pretty hard in the last stint. Great race all and congratulations brettwant7, well done gazza_here and Psycogency
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well that was an eye opener, seems I can’t go headfirst into this without spending ages tuning the car. I’m a get in and go kind of driver so this is going to be a steep learning curve!

Qualifying sucked but I wasn’t last so that was a plus. Unfortunately a take out on Lap 2 put paid to my chances of making in roads, the car was damaged and felt horrible.

The red flag was my saviour, but sadly I hit the rear of another car (who I’m 100% certain was out of position at the restart) with the lightest of touches and so I redressed, ruining both our races. Not having a clue what strategy was, I decided to go long, and try and stay out of trouble. Didn’t turn out to be the best choice as for some reason my tyre pressures (especially rear right) were dropping like a stone and soon enough turn 1 became drift city.

The pit stop fixed that issue and I was back on the pace, but of course needing to jump out of the way of blue flags due to exiting my pit box in second gear, the stop go ruining any shot at a top ten.

Overall, had high expectations a week ago, said expectations came crashing down to reality, swore a lot on race day, cursed my lack of preparation, hated my car. Sounds like a :):):):) evening but I gotta say, I haven’t
    enjoyed a league race like that in a long long time. This game is amazing, and I can’t wait for the next round. Cheers @JJ_Penguin for inviting me along after commenting on one of my Imola videos, absolutely champing st the bit to race there one day.
  4. b3nje909

b3nje909 Rookie

Amatuer/rookie
    Started 13th. Finished 13th. Highest position of 8th at one stage.
    My first ever multi pitstop race. A big learning curve for me. 1 pit stop didnt even count as I didnt put fuel in.
    I finished the race with 0.72 litres left, by rolling into the pits letting the leader finish his last lap. averaged 2.2 a lap.
    Was quite nervous about causing contact, and like when racing the ai and I'm making ground on the car ahead, I usually make an error and spin off by hitting gravel.
    Watching the stream back its abit of a buzz to hear my own name (gamertag) being used. Nice work guys.
  5. blanchyZ1000SX

blanchyZ1000SX Rookie

PSN ID
    BlanchyZ1000SX
    Pro/Am,
    After having to do a quick recalibration back to the 2019 settings during practice, Qualifying started well but slowly was pushed back down the order to 5th, went back into the pits and dropped fuel load adjusted pressures for a quick tilt at a hot lap with 5 minutes to go, on my final and 3rd lap knocked out a PB at 1:29.4 to get pole, absolutely stoked.
    The race started well with a small lead from LittleBlacko but after a 4 or 5 laps he closed back up to me, a small mistake through turn 1 cost me some exit speed and he was able to get his nose up the inside for turn 2, we went side by side never touching through the next 2 corners with him haveing the inside line getting the better run to the chicane and I settled in to follow him. staying with 1.5-2 second gap. LittleBlacko pitted at the 22 minute mark handing the lead back to me temporarily until the server crash.
    Starting again in pole on the restart after the full formation lap LittleBlacko dissapeared at turn 1, which was a shame as I knew he would have me under pressure very soon and was looking forward to the close racing. I was building a small lead but lack of concentration from the server crash coming out of Terlamenbocht at full throttle on the drive up the hill my left rear touched the dirt and spun me into the wall on the RHS of the track before I could even think about catching the car(my mistake), thankfully I never impacted on any of the following cars.
    I limped back to the pits with 32seconds worth of damage rejoining in 18th position. I worked my way back through the field to 11th position closing in on Sparkygod, over the last 5 laps I put him under as much pressure as I could, intimidating when I could to see if I could pressure him into a mistake, but he was solid and drove well keeping his cool, his AMG being able to break any possible draft for my Audi.
    A promising start, but its the finish position that counts, Congratulations to Gazza from team BHR finishing 2nd and to the rest of my BHR team mates.
    Last night proves, that you need to keep your concentration no matter what, and that you can have great clean racing without touching. I think my SA went up 9 points in that one race!
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  6. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Pretty disappointed not making the race, all manner of gremlins were conspiring against me. Sounds like most had eventful racing. I'll check out the stream a bit later. Hopefully see you all for round 2.
  7. andrelli

andrelli Rookie Gold Member

Qualified pole, which was my first ever. The top 6 were all under a second. After an initial server crash (Luckily on the first lap), The race was restarted, and k-karki and I got both got off to a good start. Karki stayed with in 3 second to myself for the first 10 laps. From there I just drove a very consistent race. Was only nervous coming into the pits, after my Suzuka Endurance race, where i lost the win due to speeding through the Pits. Cruised home to a 44 second win (Also first ever win) over Karki, who drove well the last 12 mins after his real brake pedal broke...but stayed calm to get 2nd over Aaron.
    My Driving has come along way since joining the league for a month. Got to thank JJ_Penguin for alot of learning videos on ACC. Have gone from knowing nothing on the spec side, to getting a better understanding of why the car behaves due to these videos. GO GRT
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    PB in qually, having a great time in the race, room is reset and I lost the plot. I mean sparky dog caught me ffs. Lol just kidding, I wasn't feeling it though after the reset and the poor finishing position reflected that
  9. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    You were flying. I don't know how you didn't finish in the top 5. I remember I nearly took you out as well when I lost it going through the first chicane :(
    Aza2672, incey and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  10. JJ_Penguin

Shhhh don't tell people about the track guides!
  11. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Was asked to fill in for team NCR, good m8 juzzy internet died so got the call up. Qually was a hoot and managed to get on front row. Race start got to 20sec make pushed drive and game crashed. Bummed as was looking like a fun race. Turned off and settled in to some bourbons on the couch watching broadcast. Saw whole room crashed and got call from Kman to jump back in seat. Was wrapped to get back in, started from the back and had a blast racing with you, had an awesome battle with cheesenoodles for alot of it(thx cheese great stuff), got up to 5th with couple of laps to go, bourbons kicked in and lost concentration at turn 1 trying to see who was coming out of pit and spun off into wall. Tried to limp home without getting in the way, sorry if I'd to anyone behind me. Eventually crossed line in 8th. 1st race with rooz in couple of years and really enjoyed it. Thx for letting me fill in. Good luck for rest of the season guy's, will be watching broadcasts to see how it all goes. Great work on serries penguingine, alot of work you put in but its a cracker. Love demo1 broadcast top class. Cheers EMU
    incey, Aza2672, Max Gassit and 7 others like this.
  12. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Had a shocker for qualifying only managed 17th... no grip whatsoever even with my setup I had used all week and looked good. Oh well the race is all that matters. Race on and picking my way through the field with constant laps, but noticed I could not achieve any times I did for practice all week. It was as if I had sandbags added to my car! Regardless on i went. Pitted came out in 10th and keeping up with Burradog.
    Awesome I was in the mix for top 10. And then the server crash!!!! Restarted and line speed check was done and go go was the word. Yep hit the gas and funny enough I was given a speeding ticket/ drive through after taking off once the check your speed had disappeared and go go was called ,That has never happened before! Hard done by I would say! Race over dead last plus 40 sec from next car after drive through. Ran consistent laps with a sand bagged car and others misfortunes at the finish was 15th. Higher than I thought I would achieve , but still gutted for me and the team from a server crash and furphy speeding infringement. One I would rather forget. On another note I hope jj looks at the replays as many leaving pit lane in front of me crossed the line by a country mile and on the replay of the race. As jj did note he would be looking at it , in turn can change the whole race result.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  13. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I did make an effort to kept the car in the pit lane when leaving the pits, although I did put two wheels over the white line, I did keep two wheels in the pit lane
    Aza2672 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  14. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Some where all 4 wheels or close 3 quaters of the car , just driving straight over the line not following it at all. Not going on just close too 2 wheels. You will be fine.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Aza2672 and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  15. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Good dominant win JJ and we’ll done podium,
    Had some good battles with some of you, was stressful holding you off tymorgo, I crashed into the wall at around 8mins to go and Had some pretty big damage at the end of that race. Had no front end grip.
    Happy with the result, Need some qauli tips thou;)
    Live stream was cool to watch cheers demo1
  16. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    Well done JJ, river and Angry on win and podiums. Good drive fellas.
    It was a stressful race for me. I went out first on track with scrubbed tyres for my first qualifying run just to get some times on the board and get a feel of the light fuel loads and that went ok. Then i got kicked off the server and thought the server had crashed at first but quickly found out it was on my end so I didn’t get my second qualifying run in due to being kicked from the server a couple times. After a router reset I finally got back in but had to start from the rear of the grid. Was so gutted lol
    The race was ok but not the best outcome as my first pit stop went to crap due to my view being blocked by a fellow racer pitting at the same and me being so close to his rear bumper i could not see my pit box at all so i went past it and had to reverse o_O
    Came in for my second stop early which went smooth as butter and just tried to drive consistent but made many errors though i had a good race with Some1awesome towards the end of the race to claim 8th spot after he had made a mistake on the last lap. Considering it was more of a recovery drive the result was ok. Time to put it behind me and on to the next. Looking forward to the many battles ahead with you fellow racers. Going to be a tough season with so many quick drivers in the field :thumbsup:
    incey, Aza2672, Adam Parsons and 6 others like this.
  17. autech91

autech91 Professional

Nice win JJ.
    Rocked up without really knowing what car I'd use, decided on the Merc. Zolders always been a bit of a :):):):) track for me so I set my sights on a top 10 result rather than overdriving it and getting last. Pulled finger in quali and managed a decent time, just a fair few others managed a more decent one lol! Only .8 off JJ though so not bad really.

Race went ok from the start, I think I screwed up my strategy as I just couldn't get it into the 30s consistently with the tune I had and full tank of fuel. If I were to race again I'd run less fuel and top it up more during the stops.
    Made a fair few errors at chicane no1, one of which was a complete 360 which I managed to keep off the walls. Stayed out for quite a while until I was caught by River who was flying, I decided to pit rather than hold him up as he looked a good bet to catch JJ once the pit stops were completed.
    Finished I think 12th but going off my distance to the others if I'd not spun I would have cracked the top 10 which was my target for the evening. Looking forward to a more flowing track to give it a better go at.
    Overall good evening though, bring on Paul Riccard.
    incey, Aza2672, b3nje909 and 4 others like this.
  18. itspaulybeeatchs

itspaulybeeatchs Rookie

PSN ID
    itspaulybeeatchs
    All I have to say is what a shocker of a race , stupid spin then a massive crawl back to the top 10 after forgetting to untick change tyres , but on the racing note there was afew movement under braking actions which I came close to wiping them out luckily I noticed them as they were happening,but seriously moving while getting passed under braking is just a accident waiting to happen
  19. JJ_Penguin

Well that was a massive pre-season! Glad to get Round 1 out of the way after the build up. With the success of last week I'm glad we could be just as entertaining this week.

A week ago I realised that we have got a hugely competitive series and I needed to lift my game. I was not confident as anyone in Pro server was capable of winning it. I went and got help with my driving. basically they told me I was fast but doing it wrong! My inputs were too harsh and I needed to relax, with a couple of technique tweaks. Easier said than done racing against a group that is this competitive. In quali; Less than 2 secs separating the entire field in Pro, 2 seconds separating the field in Pro/Am. That is real world sort of stuff!

I was really calm yesterday. I was a bit worried beforehand that I was too calm. But it was good to put the league admin stuff to the side and go racing. Quali did not go how I had practiced. I got a banker lap in then butchered my next 2 laps with track limits. That this stage I was 7th and ,against the way I've done every other quali session, I stayed out. the Track grip got better and I got my PB since the update. Well done to Eagle for getting on the front row as well.

The race was pretty straight forward. Get a gap, push hard but under control, go long with the pit stops then see where I am after the 2nd stop. Luckily I had a 8 second gap to River and I could relax to the end. That was the best I'd felt in a race.

Thank you to Demo1 for the awesome Broadcast again. he is doing an amazing job for us and can't be thanked enough
    incey, Aza2672, andrelli and 11 others like this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)