PS4/5 ACC Season 3 Debrief

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Feb 2, 2021.

1. MusicRacer

MusicRacer Rookie

First thing I say is - glad that is over. I don't actually dislike Spa (despite some comments to the contrary in the heat of the moment) but I don't hold it in esteem as some do and its definitely turning into a bogey track for me as I think I can confidently say I have only finished on the lead lap once in all the races I've participated in since I started racing ACC and probably DNF's in at least half. The Aston has also been a bi%$h the last 2 races to find a setup that gives me confidence and Spa definitely needs confidence to get good lap times.
    3 invalid laps in Qual left me 12th. The first start was a shambles and I spun on cold tyres on the single file lap. I think I and a couple of other people were actually glad when the server crashed and we had a full restart. 2nd start didn't go much better but at least I started in the right place. However, 2 contacts in about 3 laps pretty much took me out of the equation as the 2nd left me with bent steering and a nice long sit in the pits. I came out over a lap down but it all ended a couple of laps later when my G29 decided it had done to much racing over the last 4 days and went on strike - randomly disconnecting and sending me into the wall at Pouhon flat out in 4th gear, pretty much destroying the car. While I was trying to reconnect things the blue screen of death arrived and put me out of my misery, which frankly I was grateful for. Had a pleasant rest of evening watching on Demo1.
    Overall I can't honestly say I enjoyed the season - not enough ups, far to many downs and to much stress of fighting a car that, turns out, just doesn't suit me (lessons have been learned). I've also come to the conclusion that regular week night racing doesn't really work for me so won't be joining Season 4.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to the organisers.
    Russell and incey like this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I put a lot of time into practising this and never spun out going up ER. Spun three times in the race from turning too sharply at the bottom and catching the outside of the right hand ripple strip with the front right. mostly kept the car out of the fence but the first one, from 3rd or 4th place, flat spotted the tyres so badly i had to pit early and strategise on the fly. put a 100l in and tried to stay fast and tidy. achieved neither. spun two more times the same way. couldn't believe it, i had worked hard on the tune and maybe got the lexus turning in too well....either that or all the restarts and delays meant there was time for 3 extra beers than expected. had an interesting race overall as ACC keeps it interesting even if you are in a gap in the field. in the end it didn't even feel like we'd been on for 4 hours (or whatever it was hahahaha).
    enjoyed the season, thanks for putting up with me in am1 after my demotion from proam, thanks to the JJ for admin and tech help, the stewards for their decisions and racers for racing hard and clean.
    stucar17, b3nje909, andrelli and 3 others like this.
  3. autech91

autech91 Professional

Alas alas, another race and another what could have been...

Did my usual 1 hours practice in the afternoon then jumped on for the race.
    Qualified really well and top Merc which I was stoked about, looked to me like the MR cars had a bit of an edge here that the Merc wasn't going to be able to fight with on lap pace but I was hoping that a solid drive would make up for it.

Crashed lap 2 or 3, rookie error clipped the curb on the kink on the back straight and she was gone before I could save it. Pitted with a splash and dash plus repairs and set about making up for my fohk up. Worked my way back to 10th and was feeling really good, thought to myself sweet should be over soon, looked up and 30mins to go still, OH SHEEEIIITT!!! Recently been diagnosed with carpal tunnel and the sim really doesn't help with it, I was hurting alot and had some awesome tingling in my fingers but pushed through as I was determined for a top 10 for NCR.
    Coming through Eau Rouge accidentally turned in a bit too sharp, hit the right hand side curb and boom, she was all over and I was in the fence
    There's no worse track than this for a crash as that pit lane is one heck of a long walk of shame.

Oh well.

Thanks heaps to JJ and the other organisers for the solid series, been busy as with work but been awesome to jump on for a Tuesday night race when I could make it, even if my results this time weren't that great.
    Russell, stucar17, b3nje909 and 6 others like this.
  4. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done rivers and unlucky pauly with that drive through.
    I didn’t do any practice this week, I was fuming after my disconnect from the previous round, after putting so much time and practice getting a mega setup. Just to get a Dsc.
    My race pace at spa seemed ok but got tangled up with a pink Merc last corner of lap 1. We were all bunched up running side by side through the last chicane, I put the nose up the inside to take the inside line and the door shut on me and had nowhere to go
    Than the next lap binned it at Eau Rouge, managed to keep it off the walls but my tyres we’re shot. pretty much just went down hill from there.
    also realised I was going to run out of fuel 2 or 3 laps short, had to fuel save to the max, and had to let rivers lap me so I didn’t have to do another lap.
    Worst result for me, bring on next season.
    Thanks JJ for all your work mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Russell, incey and garyw61 like this.