PS4 ACC Season 2 Driver Briefing & Conditions

Discussion in 'APLOZ Past Seasons' started by JJ_Penguin, Oct 7, 2020.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hi All
    Welcome to Season 2 of the PS4 ACC League. Season 1 was epic fun and eased us into ACC. Now comes the true baptism of Fire!!

For the new Members please take a moment to read through the FULL Raceonoz Regulations

http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

For everyone have a read of the tips/tricks/fixes for pertinent information regarding entering the server, race starts and pitstops.
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/acc-tips-tricks-fixes.4198/

Please read through the following information. Individual track briefings will be short & sweet. Get excited for Season 2!!!

Track Limits
    In most instances by following Raceonoz track limits, you will have little issue with the In-game track limits. In Qualifying, a lap will be invalidated for track limit breached. In races, 3 warnings will be given before a Drive Through penalty. If you cut a chicane you will be given a Drive Through by In-game penalty, however, if you slow down and don’t gain an advantage, a penalty can be avoided.

Contact and Redressing
    ACC is unforgiving and contact will result in an accident. The usual Rubbin’-is-Racin’ doesn’t apply for ACC. Contact should be avoided at all costs. If you knock another driver off track, don’t drive past them if you have caused the contact. Give the spot back, and then continue your race. The 2 most common mistakes in contact are rear end contact where you 'punt' someone off, or if you get in too hot, and make contact on the side as they take their normal line.

Protests and Stewards
    If something happens in the race that you feel is unfair or rough driving that affects you or is against the spirit of the league, please save your replay and let us know through the stewards group. Don’t crack the :):):):)s and blow up. The reason for the stewards group is to apply penalties in cases where drivers have done the wrong thing.

For ACC we have Stu, Rolz and Hatfield as the Stewards Group. I will act as a post box only. If you wish to submit a protest send me a PM and I will forward to the Stewards Group then post the outcome to the forum. It is up to you to record the replay and highlights to provide evidence for a protest.

Disconnections
    In the event of a Server dropout, the server will be restarted with the following procedure:
    • Server Jedi (JJ_Penguin & TBA) will setup the server to have 5min prac & Race with remaining time + 3mins
      5min practice is to give people time to re-enter the server. LEAVING PITLANE IS PROHIBITED.
    • The race will start as usual, the extra 3 mins will allow for drivers to form up and perform a rolling start as per Sunday Night League rules.
    • If an individual disconnects from the Server during Qualifying, you will be able to re-enter. You will NOT be able to enter the server Once the race starts. If you disconnect on lap 1 then the Server will be restarted.
    Race Time & Weather
    In-game race time and duration will mimic the actual race from 2019. Eg. Bathurst will start at 5:45am and finish 5:45pm.
    Weather will be based on Real World forecast for race day and posted to the forum 1 week from race day. Forecast will be taken from https://www.myweather2.com/motor-racing.aspx

Pitstops
    Mandatory Pitstop: 2
    Pit Window: 35min
    Race refuelling: Yes
    Mandatory Tyre: Yes
    Mandatory Fuel: No

Damage
    Damage cannot be turned off so we are stuck with this. Be mindful that even slight contact and damage will impact car performance. Car to Car contact is to be avoided at all costs.

Cheers
    Penguin (")>
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Max Gassit and DeanK like this.
  2. JJ_Penguin

Season 2 - Round 1 - Kyalami
    Event in-game Details
    Prac - 13:00 - 30 mins - Multiplier x12
    Quali - 16:00 - 15 mins - Multiplier x1
    Race - 13:00 - 45mins - Multiplier x12
    **race will finish at 22:00. Test night driving!!!

Weather Details

[​IMG]
    Weather forecast for next Tuesday at Kyalami.

I will set the Server up now for these conditions and will run a Practice race this afternoon/evening.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    If one wanted to mimic these conditions in an offline room in single player mode, what would be the settings?
    brenticles and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  4. JJ_Penguin

I’ll get back to you on that
    nigegunz and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  5. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    As practice and qualifying occur on the day previous to the race, are we using the same conditions or is it worth trying Mondays weather for practice and qualifying. Extra work I know but adds to the reality.
  6. JJ_Penguin

Forecast is rain lol
    Max Gassit likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    rain qually dry race? what hell is this
  8. JJ_Penguin

after the practice races that have happened over the last few days, there will be a few changes to the regulations and race conditions
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

which no one will be told about, god has deemed them to be easter eggs which we'll all just have to find for ourselves
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  10. JJ_Penguin

Season 2 - Round 1 - Kyalami - 13/10/20

Firstly, Welcome to the New Raceonoz Members and a couple of returning Legends!!!
    Thank you to the team captains for organising your drivers for the start of this season. I can't wait to see a full grid on track at Kyalami.

[​IMG]

Server will open at 7:30pm AEST
    Server 1 - Rooz ACC PRO Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: JJ_Penguin
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC AM Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: TBA

Please be in the Server prior to the end of qualifying at Approximately 8:10pm AEST

Turn 1/2 Lap 1
    This is always a hot spot and care is needed going into Turn 1. If cars are side by side coming out of Turn 1 then space needs to be given as the entry to Turn 2 is very narrow for car that was on the outside of Turn 1.

Pitstops
    Check that you have selected a fresh set of tyres before the session begins, especially if you are loading a setup. Make sure that a fresh set is also selected for your pitstop. This season requires 2 mandatory pitstops for tyres.

Pit Exit
    Drivers must NOT cross the pit exit line when re-entering the track. This is new for this season.

Track Limits
    There are a couple of critical points that may catch people out. Exits of Crowthorne, Sunset, Esses, The Crocodiles and Ingwe need to be wary of track limits. Particular care needs to be taken for the sausage kerb at Cheetah!

Replays & Protests
    Drivers must assign a button for 'Save Replay'. The game only records 3 - 4 mins. If you are involved in an incident, saving the replay will be critical for any protests. Press the Save Replay Button 30 - 40 secs after the incident to ensure the moment is recorded.

Party Chat

Party Chat will be setup for both Servers. I suggest joining the chat for practice, then you can choose to leave or start your own, that is up to you. But try to join the server chat at the end of the race. Personally, I prefer to have chat off during races.

The excitiement is building for Round 1. Good Luck everyone!
    Cheers
    Penguin (")>
  11. JJ_Penguin

Season 2 - Round 2 - Suzuka
    Event in-game Details

Prac - 14:00 - 30 mins - Multiplier x6
    Quali - 14:00 - 15 mins - Multiplier x2
    Race - 09:00 - 45mins - Multiplier x12

[​IMG]
    It's going to be a fine Sunny day at Suzuka next week.

Servers have been updated!
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  12. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'm assuming that should read Suzuka up the top there? Round 2?
    BURRADOGG likes this.
  13. JJ_Penguin

yeh, i don't recommend doing things in a rush at work, cheers
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  14. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hahaha, it happens! :)
  15. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hey god, what's the low down on the pit exit line for this event & all future ones? can we or can we not cross the white line?
  16. JJ_Penguin

Can’t cross white line.
    nigegunz, incey and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Amen
  18. JJ_Penguin

Season 2 - Round 2 - Suzuka - 27/10/20
    Feels like an age since Round 1.
    [​IMG]
    Server will open at 8:00pm ADST (SYDNEY Time)
    Server 1 - Rooz ACC PRO Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: JJ_Penguin
    Server 2 - Rooz ACC AM Server - Password: Rooz - Captain: TBA

Lap 1

Tyre will be stone cold for the majority of the first lap. Extra caution is need for the braking zone for Turn 1, Degner and the Hairpin. Give plenty of room and 'stay in your lane' through Snake and Dunlop. Its a 45 minute race so you can't win it on lap 1 but you can lose it for yourself or someone else.

Each car seems to have a different approach to finding speed. be mindful that the car you are following may not be as quick as you through a certain section of the track or need to brake earlier.

Pitstops
    Check that you have selected a fresh set of tyres before the session begins, especially if you are loading a setup. Make sure that a fresh set is also selected for your pitstop. This season requires 2 mandatory pitstops for tyres.

Pit Exit
    Drivers must NOT cross the pit exit line when re-entering the track. This is new for this season. *cough* @nigegunz

Track Limits
    There are a couple of critical points that may catch people out, especially in qualifying. It is easy to carry too much speed and run wide at Degner, Spoon, 130R and Casio Triangle. Extra care is needed if you following another car.

Replays & Protests
    Drivers must assign a button for 'Save Replay'. The game only records 3 - 4 mins. If you are involved in an incident, saving the replay will be critical for any protests. Press the Save Replay Button 30 - 40 secs after the incident to ensure the moment is recorded.

Party Chat

Party Chat will be setup for both Servers. I suggest joining the chat for practice, then you can choose to leave or start your own, that is up to you. But try to join the server chat at the end of the race. Personally, I prefer to have chat off during races.

Its been a long wait since round 1, I know there are some that want redemption after last round. I can't wait.
    Cheers
    Penguin (")>
  19. Vik Chan

Vik Chan Rookie

PSN ID
    VikChan81
    I’d like to make a suggestion in regards to race day server settings. Any chance on race day that the server settings can be set to have 60-90mins practice before qually/race instead of going through the prac/quality/race cycle?
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

tell us boss, we got clear skies for the Hungoraring?