DiRT PS4 & PC Monaco Rally Mini Series Modern Rally cars

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Aug 1, 2016.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Looking at the PC setup it still seems to have stage and event retry set to yes.
    Also the setting "Owned vehicles: NO" - does that mean fixed default setups or just that no career upgrades are applied and we can we still tune the vehicles?
  2. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I'll change it, I've done it already but it's not saving for some reason. I made it no Career Vehicles so no one is at a disadvantage, all cars will be fully upgraded as stock and they can still be tuned.

If I made it Career Vehicles on everyone would need to be able to buy a car and if they didn't have the money they wouldn't be able to compete, and the upgrades will very likely not be equal so those who just bought the car would be stuck with much slower cars.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sweet thanks for that. I agree non-career cars is the way to go, just wasn't sure if that precluded tuning as well.
  4. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    Had a few practice runs last night, I've got some work to do. Still 11 seconds off your run @Mustafur !
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Having tried quite a few cars you can feel the difference with the 2000s and 2010 cars, the 2010 cars feel a bit more agile but the 2000s cars have more acceleration, overall my times are basically identical so they are damn close either way.

makes sense as when they change the regulations to the smaller cars they took out alot of torque they could have so you really have to rev the hell out of the 2010 cars to get the power of them where as the 2000s cars have it instantly.
    Crunch likes this.
  6. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    I noticed in your video you dropped the gear ratio, have you messed about with other settings?
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    That was a mistake for the Subaru it has tighter Gear ratios then the other cars so you need wider, you could see in that video I was on the rev limiter a few times.

For everything else I would Lower the gear ratios and Make the suspension lower and harder.
  8. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    dumb question (I've not looked yet) - how does one enter the league in game?
  9. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    They work identically to 'Online Events' in Career mode.

On the main menu, there's an option called 'Leagues', and the race will be in there guaranteed (since you've linked your game to RaceNET)
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Just completed the first rally greece in the mini (4 stages) with Keyboard.
    Love the game. Bit tricky with keyboard of course but decent control (in the mini anyway)
    Penalties are much harsher compared to CMR of old and so I placed 2nd overall against the easy AI lol
    Crunch likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    lol did rally monaco in the mini and at one part when codriver says don't cut on exit... I did...just... and had a nice 2 wheel drive down the straight
    We could make a montage of #don'tcut images where we decided to cut
    Crunch likes this.
  12. Picko99

Picko99 Rookie

PSN ID
    picko_99
    anyone got decent settings for t300 on ps4? I've played around as much as I can and still feels like there's a dead zone with the steering
  13. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I gave the first two stages a crack today! Good fun but could have gone better. After a couple of practise runs of the first stage I felt confident. Got into the real thing and choked early on in the stage and found myself sideways facing a wall...That's a good way to get rid of any nerves you have :roflmao:. Then it took me straight to the second stage, and i wasn't sure if it would let me quit so i could practise and re-enter. So I winged it, and it didn't feel too bad =] Looking forward to seeing how everyone else starts off!
    Crunch likes this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the idea is not to practice ;)
    by practice did you mean the 'shakedown' ?

also I didn't realise the event was open yet?
    Crunch likes this.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The event has been open since midnight.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well I just started it now!

...annnnnd Retired.

Stage 3 early on right rear came off thx to awkwardly parked car on straight section

hate that I can't try again. very disappointed. Really no room for your casual keyboarder online is there codemasters

Early stage 1 lost the rear bumper/wing then had a puncture (right rear) about 3/4 through which was interesting in slides!
    spare gets thrown on before stage 2 and make it to service 18s down (not bad)
    Crunch likes this.
  17. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I warned you lol, You need a wheel.
    Hatfield likes this.
  18. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Sorry Hatfield, but by practise I mean practise. Going into custom event and setting up the combo to get a feel for it before it counts. You are allowed to do this I'm guessing?:rolleyes: The real thing with this league that I thought was that no matter how much you do prepare, mistakes can happen during the stage and you just have to deal with it.
    Crunch likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hey do it however you like ;)
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Despite difficultly I am having fun with this game. Just have to remind myself if I have to respawn the car that the 15sec odd penalty is easily justified if spectators had to push me back onto the road (especially if I can't c any nearby)

I have already spoken to @Mustafur to possibly put up a second 'easier' event combo but with the no restarts etc at least for those of us having a more casual go.