PS4 PCARS Season 2 Expressions of interest

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Ad2mny, Oct 12, 2015.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Not so sure gary. With the exception of a couple of months I haven't raced for 4 years. Feel like I've lost a bit haha.
    Anyway thanks Vardz. We'll jump on sometime soonish and submit a time. :thumbsup:

*Edit. Hey mate for the life of me I can't work out how to send a PM. Perhaps I don't have privileges?

*Edit 2. Given the racing is tomorrow and I can't get through to you, my time was a 1:26.70. We do the lap with 45L race fuel yeah?

Keen to know the track and car for tomorrow if anyone knows? :)
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    VARDZ and garyw61 like this.
  2. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

You can do it on as low fuel as you like but don't bother doing another lap as a 26.7 is 1.5-2s faster than the div 1 cutoff. Tomorrow's race is at spa. Your welcome to choose any GT3 car other than the Bentley.
  3. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    sandbagger! :p
  4. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Got a win tonight , sneekienuts kept me honest for must of the race .
    I have to say thanks to spidey for sharing his setup in the team and to a few other's , with out his input I would have been behind the 8 ball , I made a couple of small changes but it was all spidey .
    Spidey_11 and Giant slayer like this.
  5. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Love ur work Juzzy and happy birthday! Can't do much winning without a good driver so you deserve it mate. Another good show for the Nvidia team :)
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  6. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Is there any chance of getting a one make controlled casual Sunday series going?

For me I hate two things.

1) Setups. It means you have to spend a lot more time tuning your car. Races are won in the garage. It also means, unlike other sports/online gaming, it's not a level playing field.

I'm not saying that the guys who are good at it don't deserve to be rewarded. I'm just saying at the end of the day it means everyone approach the race knowing they can spend an hour tops getting up to speed.

2) The GT3 cars. They're so boring and easy to drive. :(

For example we could run a Toyota 86 Turbo Sunday races with forces same setups so people can just put 30 mins of practice in during the week and then they're good to race. It's such a time saver when time is so precious to most of us.

Nothing serious. No points. Just casual races. But WITH crazy fun cars and a level playing field?

Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread. This place is just a bit of a ghost town and there aren't many threads.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  7. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Almost a full work week and not a single reply? :cry::eek:
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hi JC, I am fairly certain that this is how the Sunday night series is run already?

I think there should be a S2 discussion thread up soon.
  9. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey JC The HTO series is what we call a community event run separately to our sunday league races... it was only the time frame that the mod team wouldn't have got a season up and running and finished prior to Christmas period.... so I was asked to run a HTO series
    Sunday league will see the following happen(possibly)
    • Everyone will have an opportunity to put forward a car they would like to see for sunday nights...
    • from that the top 4 or 5 will go to a vote
    • from that the top 2 will go to a final vote and the winner will be the car for S2.
    • the same will be done with tracks in regards to putting forward a few tracks (that suit the car)
    • the mods will take that into consideration when announcing the track list.
    Hope that gives you an insight on how the ROOZ community runs ... I am sure @Ad2mny will have a date in mind for the start of S2 I would think the selection process will start early / mid January
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I don't think pCars has the option to prohibit tuning?
  11. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    I think you can prohibit tuning, as a few people I've raced with (emu flukyluke and auts) run no tune during the week and it blocks off the tune selection
    Flukyluke99 likes this.
  12. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    One of the latest updates does prohibit tuning, however this also prohibits adjusting FFB and general wheel settings
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

All you need to do is have a set up for those things before entering the room. FFB and Turning ratio etc. That kind of stuff is not limited. No tooon can be a lot of fun as you have to drive around the issues the car may have. Makes for some cool racing.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'd be pretty happy if we followed the GT6 format
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    I'd be interested to join up. Full Pcars and PS4 noob but getting plenty of practice. should be up to the pace by the time season starts.
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Can I join some of the practice rooms to get my head around this ? Got it yesterday and had a crack at it last night, so much to learn !!
    emuegg11 likes this.
  17. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    Stu join with giantslayer if he is ever on. Set up wiz. If your ever in during week join with Emu, Auts and flukyluke as they run no tune races so you can get used to how the physics work without jumping into serious competition races. Don't join random online races as they are rubbish
  18. VENDALISM

VENDALISM Rookie

PSN ID
    VENDALISM
    Hey Lads,
    I'm interested in joining.
    I have been away from sim racing for a while and look forward to racing again.Good to see some familiar names are still around :
    Hey Stu,& vh mik,Garyw61,emu-egg,ad2mny
    I'm a fish out of water at the moment with Pcars so any assistance with any aspects of the game would be appreciated.
    Are there any Pcars racing events running currently that I can participate in as I'm happy to run at the back of the grid until I get my head around Pcars physics engine?

Hopefully I will see you lads on the track soon

Cheers Archie
    Spidey_11 and Clevohead like this.
  19. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Is there a thread for "anyone up for some racing? I'm jumping on PSN: jc-1186" type questions?
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    There are heaps on every night from whichever league is currently running. At the moment is the HTO so check that out and add some from there.