GT5 Pussycat Sprint Night

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Sep 6, 2013.

1. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

ill join in Emmo
    S_CLOSE and emmo46 like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Welcome tek
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I should be back home by then ..so i'm in!
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Great, practicing tonight as well if you want.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Room will be open from 8 PM tonight for some practice
  6. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Had a very quick go in the Jaaaaaag last night. Pretty good to drive actually, but my lap times will be horrendous due to no practice, all of about 8 laps!.
    Should be fun though, lots of rubber going to be laid down :eek:
    emmo46 and Ad2mny like this.
  7. WAC

PSN ID
    What a great nights racing!
    Brought the car just before the race so no practice but for some reason i just felt really comfortable in it.
    Has put me in a good mood cause i've been absolute rubbish in the nsx lately (actually the whole season!)
    I know i tagged a couple of people (think mainly at the hairpin before the tunnel) so sorry about that.
    Need to sit down and watch the replays.
    Anon had too much pace to stick with.
    Rotor handed me a 2nd place in the first race - not sure why but thx :)
    Emmo handed me a 3rd place in race two.(i felt really bad for ya mate cause you were going so well!)
    Reverse grid caused a bit of chaos for a couple of laps and some 'lag' caused a hugh pile up into T1
    that ruined the race for a few.
    Good turn out lads!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
    emmo46 likes this.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Sorry for bailing guys. I had a shocker in the first race which didn't bother me, but got punted severely at the first corner in race 2, not sure who by but I think tek copped it too. Was no fun trailing around by myself so threw in the towel.
    Good car though, wouldn't mind more races on other tracks, good stuff Emmo.
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Always good to have a run with you guys, really enjoyed it.
    Only drove the car when we started quali and managed a 7th???? But wasn't happy with the braking setup and jumped out to tweak it a bit, so started the race last.
    Concentrated on keeping the kitty in the track and worked out for all three races, 4th/4th/3rd, which meant always started from the back.
    It was fun considering the lack of pace, still managed to have a few short battles while always destroying my front tyres.
    Good turnout guys and great event Emmo, keep them coming :D
    emmo46 likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Race 1 Report
    The grid lined up with Anon on pole with Xrotor (in a pink pussy!!!),TTRjoe, emmo, Leeboy, Bj, Tek, Zamps, Ad2 and Close lined up behind. The start was orderly and the order was only altered by leeboy dropping three places to be passed by Bj, Tek and Zamps and with Tek also passing Bj. The order at the end of lap 1 was Ano, Xrotor, TTR, emmo, Tek, Bj, Zamps, Leeboy, Ad2 and Close.
    Into turn 1 on lap two Xrotor ran wide and TTR and emmo passing inside while emmo also got under TTR to move up to second and they ran nose to tail for a number of laps. Just behind leeboy ran wide and Ad2 got ahead of him. Xrotor then grazed the tunnel entry and Tek got beside him and completed the pass at the tunnel exit to move up to 4th.
    Zamps passed Xrotor into turn and they both passed Tek as he ran wide into the sand ahead of them. That put Zamps into third ahead of Xrotor and Tek. At the same time Ad2 and Leeboy lost it on entry and ran straight on into the sand. Leeboy won the battle to dig themselves out of the sand and continued on in 9th with Ad2 tenth. At the end of the lap Bj had a wiggle on the last corner and Close moved past into 6th.
    On lap 4 Xrotor passed Zamps in turn 1 and Tek ran wide into the sand and let Close and Bj past.
    On the straight at the end of lap 6 Tek passed Bj to move up to 6th. Anon had a comfortable lead at this time from Emmo and TTR battling over 2nd and Xrotor and Zamps battling over 4th.
    On lap 8 emmo was getting messy in his defence from TTR and this allowed Xrotor to close for a three way battle. Zamps had dropped back from Xrotors tail.
    Beginnig off lap 9 TTR passed emmo on the straight and then emmo spun exiting turn 1 and Xrotor, Zamps and Close passed. Emmo then ran wide before the tunnel and Tek got by and Bj moved onto his tail. Bj ran wide at the first corner and dropped back from emmo's tail while ahead Close and Tek began to battle over 5th.
    On lap 12 tek got a penalty entering the tunnel and Emmo past him through the tunnel for 6th. The postions stayed the same with emmo closing on close at the finish and Xrotor stopping just short of the finish line to claim pole for race 2.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Ad2mny and bjh1012 like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    ..........Jaguar Sprint night Race 1
    .....................Grand Valley East
    ps.....Driver.............Race Time......Fastest Lap
    1.  Anon666..............15:06.569 ......1:08.486...1st
    2.  TTR_Joe90............-10.754.........1:08.603...3rd
    3.  Zampli...............-15.403.........1:09.211...7th
    4.  S_Close..............-22.100.........1:09.195...6th
    5.  emmo46...............-22.596.........1:08.838...5th
    6.  bjh1012..............-27.022.........1:09.765...9th
    7.  TekNique.............-32.372.........1:08.778...4th
    8.  Leeboy910............-37.443.........1:09.980..10th
    9.  Ad2mny...............-59.444.........1:09.520...8th
    10 X4rotorsploxX ........-1:16.219.......1:08.533...2nd
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Jaguar Sprint night Race 2 report
    The grid lined up with Xrotor on pole from Ad2, Leeboy, Tek, Bj, emmo, Close, Zamps, TTR and Anon.
    At the first corner Bj's car suddenly snapped side ways at the entry and headed towards the sand on the out side before spiking back to the inside mid corner and taking out Leeboy and Tek. They all ended up in a steaming pile in the outside wall at corner exit. Bj and Leeboy continued but Tek parked there for the rest of the race.
    Meanwhile Xrotor led from Ad2, emmo, Zamps passed Close and Anon got around TTR. Anon then got past Close at the dogleg and Bj spun after the dog leg and Leeboy passed into 8th.
    At the start of lap 2 emmo past Ad2 into turn 1, Zamps tried to pass Ad2 around the outside but spun to outside and let Close (who had dived under Anon), Anon and TTR pass putting him back to 7th. At the dogleg Ad2 and Close ran a bit wide and Anon got past Close to move into 4th.
    At the begining of lap 3 Anon passed Ad2 in turn one and over the next lap a fierce battle developed between Ad2, Close, TTR and Zamps.
    On lap 4 Close clipped the tunnel entry and TTR moved past and then Zamps passed Close at the last corner.
    On lap 5 TTR passed Ad2 into the tunnel and then Zamps moved past Ad2 at the last corner.
    On lap 6 Ad2 ran a little wide at the dog leg and Close moved in and eventualy passed into 6th on the right left section after the tunnel. Leeboy disconnect out of 8th place.
    On lap 7 Anon past emmo on the inside of the first corner to take second. The order now was Xrotor, Anon, emmo, TTR, Zamps, Close, Ad2 and Bj, Tek was still sitting against the wall at turn 1.
    The order stayed the same until the last lap when Zamps was passed by Close as he had a wiggle down from the dog leg. Emmo then had an oversteer moment that ended in a spin onto the straight which let TTR and Close go by into 3rd and 4th. Zamps had a similar spin to Emmo and followed emmo home in 6th. Ad2 came home 7th with Bj a lap down in 8th.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    ..........Jaguar Sprint night Race 2
    1.  X4rotorsploxX .......15:12.900.......1:08.930...3rd
    2.  Anon666.................-1.495 ......1:08.711...2nd
    3.  TTR_Joe90..............-10.084.......1:08.977...4th
    4.  S_Close................-15.447.......1:09.288...7th
    5.  emmo46.................-18.829.......1:09.031..5th
    6.  Zampli.................-25.530.......1:08.617...1st
    7.  Ad2mny...............-1:12.171.......1:09.624...9th
    8.  bjh1012.................-1.Lap.......1:09.268...6th
    9.  Leeboy910...............-9.Laps......1:09.437...8th
    10. TekNique...............-13.Laps......no time 
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Jaguar Sprint night Race 3 report
    For race three Tek had pole from Ad2, Zamps, emmo, Close, TTR, Anon and Xrotor.
    Emmo and Close moved ahead of Zamps off the line and Xrotor also moved past TTR. Ad2 passed Tek into turn 1 and Zamps rounded up Close and emmo around the outside of turn 1. Anon also moved past Close so that up the hill towards the dog leg it was Ad2 leading from Tek, Zamps, emmo, Anon, Close, Xrotor and TTR. Going into the dog leg Tek got past AD2 and Xrotor got past Close. TTR then also passed Close into 7th going down towards the tunnel.
    At the end of the lap Tek ran wide at the last turn and Ad2 and Zamps moved past going up the straight. Emmo moved past Tek going into turn one on the second lap. Zamps then took Ad2 going up into the dog leg and emmo past him on the exit of the dog leg to move into 1st and second with Ad2 third. Tek, Anon and Xrotor also moved past Ad2 on the run down to the tunnel. Ad2 was now 6th just ahead of Xrotor with Close about a second and a half back.
    Emmo was coming under a lot of pressure from Tek and Anon and they moved past on lap 4 at turn 1 and the run up the hill.
    On lap 5 Zamps led from Tek, anon, emmo, Xrotor, Ad2 and Close in a close battle and TTR .
    Ad2 the ran wide out of the tunnel,and was passed by Close and Tek spun at the last corner and dropped back to 7th.
    On lap 6 under a lot of pressure from Xrotor, emmo spun into the outsied wall at the bottom of the run down from the dogleg and fell to last place. Ad2 hit the wall just behind and TTR got past him. Xrotor waited for me at the tunnel entry but he hadn't hit me and should have continued. He ran slowly at the back from then on and finished 2 laps down.
    At the end of lap 6 the order was now Zamps, Anon, Close, Tek, AD2, TTR, emmo and Xrotor.
    On lap 8 there were three close battles between Zamps and Anon for the lead, Close and Tek for 3rd and Ad2 and TTR for 5th. Ad2 had a wobble out of the tunnel and let TTR through.
    Into lap nine Anon passed Zamps for the lead on the straight after some light contact. Tek ran into the sand at turn one and dropped back a little from Close. Ad2 had another spin at the dog leg but held his position.
    Things remained static until the end but Zamps struggled over the last two laps and Close and Tek closed right onto his tail at the finish line. TTR came home in 5th and emmo closed on Ad2 to be on his bumper at the end.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Code:
    ..........Jaguar Sprint night Race 3
    1.  Anon666..............15:10,672 ......1:08.200...1st
    2.  Zampli.................-12.237.......1:08.345...2nd
    3.  S_Close................-12.411.......1:08.795...4th
    4.  TekNique...............-12.694.......1:08.967...5th
    5.  TTR_Joe90..............-15.977.......1:09.481...8th
    6.  Ad2mny.................-30.530.......1:09.358...6th
    7.  emmo46.................-30.842.......1:09.380...7th
    8. X4rotorsploxX ...........-2.Laps......1:08.709...3rd
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Over all Results
    ............................Points...............Total
    Ps...Driver............R1...R2...R3
    1. Anon666..........10.....8....10........28
    2. TTR_Joe90........8.....6......4........18
    3. Zampli................6.....3......8........17
    4. S_Close.............5.....5......6.........16
    5. X4rotorsploxX....0....10......1........11
    6. emmo46............4......4......2.........10
    7. TekNique...........2......0.....5...........7
    8. Ad2mny..............0.....2......3..........5
    9. Bj1012...............3......1......0..........4
    10.Leeboy910.......1......0......0..........1
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks to all the guys that made this a very enjoyable night of racing. I didn't do as well as I had hoped but enjoyed the battles none the less. I should have made the races only about 7 laps long as I was doing well up to that stage in each race!!!. As the night went on I got slower as most guys got faster.
    I would like to run some more races like this with interesting cars and different tracks. Would you prefer the same car/track for all three races or should we change car/track for each race so we can sample more cars.
  18. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    One different car per night for me is enough, but happy to go either way.
  19. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for the run lads, thanks for putting it together Emmo. I was lucky enough to have a (mostly) run in car, and I think that gave me a bit of an advantage over a few other guys. Mind you, a sticky accel pedal, mostly in race 2, drove me nuts. T1 on this track is the best place to overtake, usually you have to do it on the dirty side of the track and it's easy to overcook it, especially when your tyres are worn. I also struggled coming out of the tunnel, never quite got it right.

I think if you put together an event Emmo, you'll get a good showing, no matter how you construct it.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  20. WAC

PSN ID
    Good stuff Emmo!
    Well that's the second event you have hosted that i really enjoyed...keep it up mate! :)
    emmo46 likes this.