ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 1 Super Sprint MISANO!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Muzz91

Muzz91 New Recruit

Thanks all, had an absolute blast! and BIG Thanks to the Admin for putting all of this together, you guys have done an awesome job! Looking forward to Kyalami next week.

PS can i get my name changed to just Muzz in these forums? or T.Murray haha cant seem to find if i can do that myself...
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

And if I can also just briefly jump in again: a brief reminder we have practice sessions around 8pm AEDT on Wednesdays where we do some quick races (about 15-20min) at the same track and in similar-ish conditions to the upcoming round. There will also be a Round 2 post for Kyalami up in the next couple of days! Hope to see everyone there :thumbsup:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Yeah, that was me, not quiet sure what happened, looked like we were close but I then somehow just got more acceleration and pushed you around, sorry.

Was great racing overall, will be back :)
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Mid-way through each race =
    [​IMG]
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

It was great fun, a good start to the season. You sure had to be on your toes while defending a GT4 position and still letting GT3s through left and right (but thankfully not centre).

Sorry to Matt Frost for the tap in the back under brakes in race 1. I redressed and I don't think too much harm was done.

I managed a 4th in R1 by keeping out of trouble pretty much, but didn't do as well in R2. But I had a good battle defending from Steve for several laps while under GT3 assault.

Well done to the admin for keeping such a big field organised.
  6. isitactuallyphilippa

isitactuallyphilippa New Recruit

Was good fun racing trying to blast through the GT4 pack :p

... Merc is so unfair broken at Misano
  7. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

I've done a lot of multiclass over my sim "career" but that was brutal lol. Gt3's coming at ya from left, right and center! It was a lot of fun but I gotta admit some of the moves were very questionable, the gt4's just can't disappear in the corners.

Aside from that it was a slightly frustrating couple of races. Got blocked in the two incidents in the beginning of race 1 which put me down into 15th, worked my way up to 8th I think it was then got spun by a gt3 returning to the track on what ended up being the last lap as the leaders passed while I was trying to get back on track. Then in race 2 I got spun early in the race at the hairpin. That ended up being ok as I had a heap of fun coming back through the pack with some nice clean racing with my fellow gt4 drivers.

Great work by the admins getting this going, a lot of cars on track and it generally worked very, very well. The new dynamic that multiclass brings has made it very exciting :)
  8. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

My first race with Rooz, had a blast! Learnt a few lessons pretty quickly and got murdered in the first race but still had a good ole time out there trying not to get lapped. Can't wait for my next

Also love racing with gt4 out there because it means I am faster than some people.
  9. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

That was crazy fun! Driving a GT4 was a bit like being a punching bag with dance moves - you had to be on your toes constantly to avoid the hits.

First off I had some lag spikes in race 1 so I apologise if I caused any probs with that. Each time they hit, if other cars were near I tried to stay wide and I only recall one bump which sent me wider. I was ready to jump out of the race but luckily the issue seemed to reduce and then go away.

Apart from that the race went well and although I'd fallen back a bit I stabilised my race and had some cool battles in between the squadrons of GT3's swooping and bombing :p.

In Race 2 fortune smiled on me and I slipped past a number of early incidents through pure luck and reflex. Trying to figure out who I was racing in amongst the car and driver classes was a new kind of hundred mile an hour puzzle and the track map looked very nice with all those coloured lollies on it :D.

Overall I was very impressed with the racecraft shown. Last night was the first ever league round of ACC multiclass at rooz and that was combined with the fact that a large chunk of the field were new to our league. Incidents are inevitable in situations like that but it seems (at least from my perspective) that respect was given and expectations were realistic. Well done all.
  10. killagorilla

killagorilla Rookie

Wow, that was pretty intense. I was glad the starts went well...didn't shoot anyone off and wasn't run into either...that's pretty amazing considering the number of cars on the grid.
    It was great fun and the races went well overall. I got a couple of nudges and turned around by a Ferrari, which cost me a few positions in race one, but these things just happen.
    I'm aware of one mistake I've made myself and send off an apology to I think a Camaro driver...it was a GT4 anyway. It was at turn 4 where I gave him a tiny nudge under brakes at entry...but that was enough to turn him around...hope he didn't lose positions over this incident.
    It is very tricky cautiously lapping GT4's while having a GT3 behind you. I lost a couple of positions in situations like that.
    Well, that's the first couple of races here...managed to get off the server after the races without anyone yelling at me...phew ;)
    Many thanks to admin for answering all my noob questions before the races...and for organising this so well :).
    I think lapping at Kyalami may be a bit harder...
    Cheers
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hi mate, I think that might be possible but is beyond my powers - can you try messaging @KoAStR with the request?

That was a crazy fun race...amazing action packed, sweat soaked, PSTD inducing fun in GT4. I had an awful result in both despite having what I thought was OK pace in clean air - I think just a few incidents that were either bad luck or the result of both parties finding their feet in the new dynamic (manic, maniac) madness that it GT3/GT4 mixed class. Nevertheless, huge fun!

Imagine doing that for real with hundreds of thousands of dollars and your life on the line - respect to the real pro drivers, especially GT4 drivers.

Thanks again to all for joining and really looking forward to next round at Kyalami. It is one of the best tracks in the schedule I think, and although there are a few spots that will be tough to pass on, there are a bunch of braking zones, big wide turns and a big wide straight - it can be done cleanly!
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  12. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Highlights are now available (although race 1 is still processing into HD & also it unfortunately cut out about 2 laps before the end). For easy access throughout the season, we will also link the highlights in the season standings thread.

13. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

First race back with you guys in a while, a lot of different names and it's great to see such a large field.
    I made some errors by myself in the first race and I think my CPU was struggling a bit - it was like lag but it looked like everyone's ping was good?
    Then in the second race was spun down to last place on the first lap - was good fun coming through the GT4's and trying to catch up. It felt like a pod-race!
    I spun a GT4 around the first couple laps and I'm sorry but I don't think I could of foreseen the incident ahead.
    Qualifying seems like a matter of luck, and Brands Hatch will be crazzzzy haha

The straight line speed of the 720 has me a bit worried (anyone got setup tips?? :roflmao:) but looking forward to the rest of the season - thanks admin :thumbsup:
    tezpez85 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  14. AeroDynamicMilk

AeroDynamicMilk Rookie

Bit of a rollercoaster night for me.
    Race 1 I had a mega start off the line and was battling for the lead in AM, but come turn 4 lap one, a couple of lap 1 heroes cause an incident which I unfortunately got caught up in, but managed to get my way to back up the order, so I'm happy with that race.

Race 2's start wasn't as great as race 1 but still decent, managed to avoid the lap 1 incident this time around. My pace throughout the race was decentish, but I made a mistake, which dirtied up my tyres and basically let everyone have a go at me, and I'm not sure if it was my fault or not, but I hit another car on the start/finish straight and that spun me into the walls and I called it there.
    A lot to learn when it comes to racing with gt4's on track, having to navigate the traffic, it was fun.