ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] SEASON 5 INFO, RACE SCHEDULE & SIGN UP!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Monday Night' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Jan 11, 2021.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

[​IMG]
    RaceOnOz Monday Night ACC League Season 5 - GT Challenge
    Admin team: @Flamebadger, @krunch, @SteveDrivingSlowly, @nanlatt

Get ready to don your sponsor cap, slip into your favourite European accent and thank everybody back at the factory because Season 5 is here! And we're back to dedicated GT3 racing - bring it!
    GENERAL INFO
    • Season 5 will be a GT3 vehicle class championship run over 10 rounds.
    • Race types include Super Sprints, Sprints and Enduros.
    • There are three driver classes - Pro, Silver and AM each with their own separate championship.
    • Driver classes are assigned using a combination of the RaceOnOz driver pace calculations (more info), ACC ratings & qualifying server laps (for those new to the league) and discretion.
    • Driver classes will be reviewed after round 4 in the season with adjustments occurring under certain circumstances.
    • All series' will drop a driver's lowest scoring round which will be reflected in our dynamic and interactive leaderboards.
    • The leaderboard will be visible in the 2nd post including tabs for viewing separate classes.
    • Drivers can enter the season at any round as long as certain criteria are met.
    • There will be variable weather for each round (subject to volatility of Kunos' weather system).
    • There will be a dedicated practice server available all week configured with matching Monday race conditions
    • Wednesday each week is the official 'get together' practice night for the season and includes shorter fun based races in a more casual style. The server is still configured to match most of the Monday race conditions.
    • The use of custom painted skins is NOT allowed for Season 5 (penalties may apply).
    • Server information will be listed within each round's specific forum thread.
    • Please read all the following information before using the Season 5 Signup link.

SESSION TIMES (AEDT - click for time zone info)
    Official Practice: 8.15pm | 1st Qualifying*: 9.00pm | 1st Race*: 9.15pm
    * Some rounds include multiple qualifying and race sessions

RACE SCHEDULE
    Note: Each entry below will include a link to its own race thread & results table when appropriate.

01. 25-01-2021 Silverstone 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup)
    02. 01-02-2021 Kyalami 90 minute Enduro (Endurance Cup)
    03. 08-02-2021 Hungaroring 2 x 30 minute Sprints (Sprint Cup)
    04. 15-02-2021 Suzuka 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup)
    05. 22-02-2021 Paul Ricard 2 x 30 minute Sprints (Sprint Cup)
    ***MID SEASON SPECIAL EVENT TBC***
    06. 08-03-2021 Spa 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup)
    07. 15-03-2021 Monza 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup)
    08. 22-03-2021 Bathurst 120 minute Enduro (Endurance Cup)
    09. 29-03-2021 Brands Hatch 60 minute Sprint (Sprint Cup)
    10. 05-04-2021 Imola 100 minute Enduro (Endurance Cup)

RACE FORMATS
    The RazeOnOz Monday Night GT Challenge (ROOZ GTC) consists of 10 rounds, split across 3 race formats.

Super Sprint
    • Practice – 45min
    • Qualifying 1 – 15min
    • Race 1 – 30min
    • Qualifying 2 – 15min
    • Race 2 – 30 min
    No Mandatory Pitstop

Sprint
    • Practice – 45min
    • Qualifying – 15min
    • Race – 1hr
    1 Mandatory pitstop for tyres
    57 minute pit window
    Fuel optional, fill time not fixed

Enduro
    • Practice – 45min
    • Qualifying – 15min
    • Race – 90, 120, 100min (Rounds 2, 8 and 10)
    1 Mandatory pitstop for fuel and tyres
    No pit window
    Fuel time is fixed

Super Enduro
    The ROOZ mid-season special event will have its own dedicated thread closer to the time, please look out for that in due course!

Joining a race evening
    All drivers are required to join a league session either during the practice session or qualifying. Race sessions will be closed. For super sprints, all drivers must join by the end of qualifying 1.

RULES & REGS
    Rules rules rules. Why are there so many rules? OK so it turns out that in order to keep everyone on the same page (and hopefully on the same track) we need a clear set of rules for things like classes, points, pitstops, starts, restarts, voice chat and so on. Therefore we ask every driver to be fully familiar with the rules and regulations linked below:

ETIQUETTE GUIDE
    Here at RaceOnOz whether you want to "arrive and drive" or "prac and attack" you'll find plenty of enjoyable racing. That's because we encourage equal measures of both strong competitive spirit and gentlemanly conduct. As long as all members are familiar with our Etiquette guide the racing will continue to be amazing. You'll find the guide at the link below:

DISCORD & VOICE
    All important information for racing is available on our forums, however we strongly advise drivers to join our Discord server for for voice and text chat. Sometimes critical information such as server issues, race delays, last minute race format changes, instructions to a specific driver, etc. will be relayed only through the Discord voice channel and text chat. There is also a healthy dose of banter that just makes the round more fun :). Once you sign up for any Season at Rooz you'll be given extra Discord permissions for text chat.

Discord voice chat rules and etiquette:
    • if you intend to chat you MUST use push-to-talk. No-none wants to hear your gear clicks, heavy breathing or barking dog in the background.
    • non-excessive chat and banter is OK in Practice sessions.
    • There should be minimal chat in Qualifying sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • There should be minimal chat in Race sessions - essential questions, statements, apologies etc. only.
    • If you become frustrated or angry at yourself or another driver DO NOT PUSH YOUR TALK BUTTON. Keep it private!
    • DO NOT CONDUCT ARGUMENTS OVER VOICE CHAT. Sort it out later!
    • ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. There's no place for that stuff at Rooz!
    • Please wait until ALL drivers have completed the final lap of a race before discussing your race.
    • Admins may speak at any time in any session for obvious reasons.
    • Feel free to hang around in chat after the race. Many of us like to have a laugh about things that may have happened in the race and it can be a nice wind-down :)

CUSTOM PAINTED SKINS
    Unfortunately due to the serious "join freeze" or "join lag" issue we are currently not allowing the use of custom painted skins for Season 5. Specifically we are talking about skins painted externally and saved as PNG files that are added to ACC.

We love the idea of custom painted skins and would dearly love to add this rich feature to our league but ultimately the quality of the racing must come first.

If you also love custom painted skins then please help us out by searching high and low for real solutions, and by all means feel free to do some testing on our servers including during our Wednesday fun practice nights.

At this stage we are not restricting the use of the in-game editor for creating custom colour schemes. This may change if we find that even that system causes serious join lag issues.

NOTE: As we cannot block the use of skins at the server level we strongly suggest all drivers who sign up to Season 5 remove all custom painted skins from their game installation folders as a precaution. If a custom painted skin has been accidentally left selected on a driver's car when they enter the S5 server during a qualifying session causing join lag they will be immediately disqualified from the round. Any driver that has a copy of that joining driver's selected skin will experience a large join lag as that image is loaded into memory. Every other driver on the server may experience some level of 'join lag' even if they have zero customs skins in their game.

SEASON 5 SIGNUPS :sneaky::ninja::alien::cautious::cool::eek::poop::oops::roflmao::sleep::coffee::thumbsup:
    Sign ups for this season will be handled by our results website. This requires a quick and simple registration to allow drivers to interact with the results site and help us to generate server set-up files and entry lists automatically.
    • Please go to stevehasadomain.com and either log in or register for a user account
    • Once you have logged in there, you will see a link to the signup form under 'News' on the home page
    • If you competed in more than 4 races last season, your space will be reserved until Monday 18th January - but you still need to confirm it by clicking the link and submitting the mostly pre-filled form! If not confirmed before Monday 18th, you will loose your reserved spot and you'll need to sign up as normal (and join the waiting list if the season is full).
    • Follow the link, fill in the form and you are signed up for Season 5!
    • You can now sign in to the site anytime to check race results, league tables, stats and so forth
    • Most of these race results, league tables, stats and so forth will also be visible here on our forum
    Back here at the forum you can check the Entry list below and see how it grows! Also if you are new to ROOZ ACC leagues please make sure you've done some laps on the qualifying server before the season begins.

NOTE: Please check the Currently Reserved Race Numbers thread as well as the Entry List below before choosing a race number.

QUALIFYING SERVER
    If you are new to ROOZ ACC leagues please make sure you have done at least three (3) laps on the qualifying server before the season begins. This will help us put you in the correct class for your pace level. To find the server just search for rooz in the ACC lobby and seek out the one with Qualifying Server in the name. Check out the link below for more info:

ENTRY LIST

Thanks for racing at RaceOnOz
    :)
    krunch, fRZn, c4rLo5 and 4 others like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2021
  3. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Looking forward to Season 5!

I'm going to make a replay bin on my dropbox again for anyone that doesn't automatic get their or just wants to look at a past race that they might not have saved. Most of the time I'll have my own replay file in there and I will usually wait until right until the end of the session to save the replay so nothing gets cut off.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zz1f5uzxtno4lm8/AACf-eKocOkvRdQmLlBz8NX-a?dl=0

I might try and grab quali laps this season too.

If there any reason you that the Enduro's have a fixed fuel time? As far as I know if there are mandatory pitstops WITH tyre changes then the advantage or better economy or tank size are negated. A pit stop with the Bentley putting in 130l is 29s and a pitstop with fuel + tyres is 30s. This mostly comes from me losing and extra 10-15 seconds during Bathurst last season from a splash-dash to make it to end.
    krunch and Flamebadger like this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

If tyres are mandatory, fuelling time is academic, as tyres always take longer than fuel, that is correct. The only time it comes into play is when someone does an extra stop (over and above mandatory tyre stop) for fuel only - so the way it is described above if you mess up fuel in a sprint, you will only have to suffer the penalty of the actual fuelling time - but in a sprint this is huge anyway. In an enduro, you will have to suffer a 25 sec fixed fuelling time - which is also huge. So in essence - don't mess up your fuel!
    Flamebadger and Jeremy Talbot like this.
  5. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

woohoo cars wot go fast return for season 5!

So much work in the background for this from Steve, Krunch and Nando, I've just been riding their coattails on this one :D
    Frostwa, krunch, tezpez85 and 2 others like this.
  6. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Heck yeah!
    Even though this is only my second season racing it'll almost definitely be my last for a long time. I highly doubt racing until 1am (NZ time) is viable when I have a new baby
    krunch, Flamebadger, tezpez85 and 3 others like this.
  7. Jeremy Talbot

Jeremy Talbot Rookie

Just bribe the missus with extra nappy changes, you'll be sweet :laugh: congrats by the way
    TomHanks and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  8. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I’ll be in for this, will run the R8 Evo
    krunch likes this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

awesome mate! Don’t forget to confirm your place (instructions in OP)!
  10. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Sounds like fun. Switching over from PS4. I'll check out the entry link later.
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

nice one mate! Don’t wait too long, there are only a few spots left in the first batch (before we release unconfirmed spots)
    krunch likes this.
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You were not wrong. Just took the last spot I think. I've barely spent any time on PC version yet so SA still low (also just got a Rift S so have been spending most of the holidays in AC and DR2 VR. ACC still runs pretty :):):):)ty in VR)
  13. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

is there a dislike button? :roflmao:
  14. JJ_Penguin

Nah good luck mate! go well. let me know what the difference is
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  15. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    [​IMG]
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Actually, maybe the above analogy was being too kind! Maybe this is more accurate? :p
    [​IMG]
  17. JJ_Penguin

Point taken lol
    I dusted off my PC the other day to see what I’d need to upgrade to run ACC. Only thing I can keep is the power cable
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

19. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    G'day guys I have some questions I have to ask.
    Is there enough grid places for everyone?
    If not who gets a spot and who doesn't?
    And any good tips on tuning as I've only just found that ECU map 1 is faster then 3 lol as I've been more focused on consistency than out right pace but now it's time to start finding pace as it will suck if everyone just drives off on me any help will be greatly appreciated
  20. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate - there are 50 grid spots and we have 57 registered. In the past we have registered up to 65 and still never filled the grid as there are always no shows, so we deliberately let the signups run over. One driver has confirmed definitely not coming, and after that if we are full then it will be the last to join that miss out - but this is unlikely. After two rounds, anyone that has missed both races will be sent one reminder and then removed from the season if they dont reply as we have a waiting list to get in.

ECU maps vary from car to car, so definitely worth researching that and doing some testing.

Re: tuning, I’m no expert but honestly the default aggressive setups are pretty good and are enough to be competitive with all but the very fastest guys if you have the driving part down. Each car/track combo and driving style require a different approach so it is really something that comes with experience and testing - you have to know the car, already be consistent and really understand exactly what it is in the cars handling you want to solve - otherwise it is just random clicking and luck. my advice is get pressures right, use ride heights to tweak aero balance until the car feels safe to push hard and grit your teeth and do laps!

also subscribe to aris.drives on youtube and watch all of the tl:dw videos on set ups, he is one of the devs and his channel is excellent
    tezpez85, krunch and v8power383 like this.