ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Wacky Wednesday League Practice

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione PC Week Night League' started by SteveDrivingSlowly, Oct 21, 2020.

1. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Rookie Gold Member

Losing a few seconds was faster than crashing though! GT3 has just got to be patient.

On the top of the mountain there is the exit of The Cutting, if communicated after McPhillamy/before Skyline and the exit of Forest Elbow. Everywhere else honestly isn’t possible and it’s even still so risky at Skyline. GT4 might lift for you to help but I guarantee they won’t be if they are battling (and rightly they shouldn’t have to). I honestly think that most other places if GT3 tries go around the outside the track will be too dirty offline later on and the additional risk for me personally isn’t worth it.

For those unfamiliar with corner names:
    The Cutting - Left hand hairpin at the start of the climb
    McPhillamy Park - High speed left hander with sandpit at the top of the mountain.
    Skyline - The next corner after which is the downhill right hander with tarmac run-off
    Forest Elbow - Left hand hairpin onto Conrod Straight
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie Gold Member

so ive crunched a few numbers and my 2 cents worth based on the maths is it isn't worth trying to ovetake. the average lap pace for the wining gt3 was a 2.05 and im the slowest gt4 and will average probably a 2.19 make it 2.20 for easy calcs. so the wining gt3 will probably do 58 maybe 59 laps to win. i'll probably do 52 maybe 53 laps. so over the 2 hour race the fastest car on track will pass the slowest car on the track 6 times. i did a rough look at my time on an out lap from the cutting to forest elbow and it was a sloppy 50 seconds. im not sure what the gt3 goes across the top in but considering its the straights where you would be gaining the majority of the lap times i wouldn't imagine you would be held up that much that you would lose the race following a gt4 across the top. yes there is normally around 17 of us on track but i still think you'll be able to round quite a few of us up easily in the straights and won't be following the gt4s across the top to much with any luck. personally i think the risk vs reward factor is to great and no one wants a final season race messed up from a mix up over the top. especially when its two hrs of bathurts. but thats just my opinion
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey all! Let me know what track/cars you wanna race on Wednesday night and I will set up the server!
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend

Kyalami with the Porsche cup car....;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

Very saucy combo!
  6. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend

I think I'd find myself facing the wrong way a lot.
  7. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie

That could be interesting i have never driven it.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Server is set up - not sure if I will be around later but it will run 15 P, 10 Q and 25 R on a loop in any case.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Password is still season4 ???
  10. SteveDrivingSlowly

Season5 now I believe!!! We will be on tonight from around 8 for any who are into some practicing!
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  11. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Rookie Gold Member

Fun race!
    I wanted to see just how close Steve and I were with our battle at the beginning of the race.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 1 attempt was close, just made sure leave a cars width.
    [​IMG]
    Lap 3, I REALLY didn't want you to pass there mate! but you probably could have forced the issue a few more millimetres if you wanted.
    Nice work on the anchors, it was clean fun stuff.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021 at 1:14 AM