GT-Sport [Completed] RaceOnOz Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by REVO_Bryan, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Track selection: Which circuits would you most like to add to the WES calendar?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2018.
  1. Dragon Trail

66.7%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggiore

38.1%
  3. Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

28.6%
  4. Alsace Village

9.5%
  5. Brands Hatch GP Circuit

23.8%
  6. Autodromo de Interlagos

42.9%
  7. Nurburgring GP

47.6%
  8. Willow Springs International - Big Willow

4.8%
  9. Suzuka

38.1%
  10. Mount Panorama

81.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I saw a lot of the lower div guys cutting laps in practice rooms leading up to the race. I think lack of traction control was what brought most of them undone in the race.
    Ozglenn likes this.
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Both team members would need to be in the same race to have any hope of coordinating that any way.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    There are also many who don't have the time or inclination to do lot of prep work. With so many possible tyre strategies and tuning on you need to put in some time. I did some sessions on various tyres to get a rough idea of pace and longevity before deciding on my strategy. I then did a race distance test to see how it went. A lot of guys don't have time for that and are only able to just turn up to race.
    Ozglenn likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Having said all that I must add that I thoroughly enjoyed the race and am looking forward to the rest of the season. I just hope we get enough to turn up for the remaining races. Generally us lower div guys are encouraged if we have a B division to fight for.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The Bop adjustments will help to keep the enthusiasm up.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  6. Mezign

Mezign Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yup. Happy to drop it. BOP will help balance the field - should I double the penalty due to lower team numbers and big pace disparity?
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    This was me. ..
    I've thought about this quite a bit myself being a div 4 racer as we are generally 3 to 5 secs slower per lap we just don't stand a chance. It would be nice to see many more racers from all the divisions. Perhaps they don't show up because they don't see a remote chance of winning.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't know what effect the BOP adjustments will make but as there is a big gap in pace maybe doubling will help. It won't help me personally though because my team is being penalised. I'm sure @Hatfield can make up for my poor performances though so it will be all good. If the other team members run then my performance won't matter.
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    When I saw the field I knew my race was against Triple J and it was only a poor tyre choice that killed me, I had some great battles with Jonesy though including one cheeky move after I passed him on the straight, he hitched a ride with Hatfield when I moved over to be lapped :p
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  10. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Likewise I can feel @Bryan_F and @Knuckles breathing down my neck as we have by far the worst car and doubling our penalty only adds to the pain, but that's part of racing. The challenge is what makes us improve and become better drivers. I'm not in the business of giving out free passes. Either mix it with the big boys or move on. REC won't ever just be another Sunday night league "community outreach" repeat format. I'll treat everyone with the same opportunity. The racers will relish it, the wannabes will complain.

The BOP adjustment at it's biggest potential is massive. If the same team win the first three rounds they're averaging around 2.5sec down on the BOP pace of their car. And visa versa for the opposite scenario. We don't have enough teams to fully reach that potential, however if we double it SMM win the next two they're going to be around the 0.8-1.1sec down of BOP pace come Bathurst. TJR will be 0.8-1.1sec up on BOP, so potentially 2.2sec between them. If we triple it (which is well within allocation due to low team numbers) it could be as much as 3sec between those teams. If you look at race pace that evens things out a lot.

I'm very tempted to triple BOP adjustment points and reduce it to double if we fill two more team slots (plus Riskys team actually show up).
    Tristan Jones and xlxy90 like this.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Cars fine. Untill i crash. I had fantastic long run pace. Being 3 steps behind after lap 3 was the downer. Kudos to me for doing the next 87 laps for nothing.
    Mezign likes this.
  12. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    If you look up the definition of Martyr and it'll be a discography of your sim-racing career. Your sacrifice means everyone else (mainly only @Hatfield and @emmo46 :thumbsdown:) scores points.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I also feel that even though I may not contribute pace or points as well as my speedier team mates, But I can help by taking points away from other teams. Finishing ahead of knuckles felt like mission accomplished for me and I was then counting on my team mates to deal with mez and Bryan.
    Mezign likes this.
  14. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    Yup. It's all part of it. Like I said, I don't really mind compromising on the structure to make it more beneficial for everyone. Just poking fun of you guys cause you're the only ones to suggest the change in points allocation and the only team to benefit from it...
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    We may have been the only team short on drivers this round but I suspect we wouldn't be the only one by season end. We did let ourselves down by not getting our reserve called up with such short notice.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no worries. I didn't even look at the points possibilities or how many finished in each team. I was just happy to have a good handling, nice looking car and no huge spins. oh and coming away with a race win ;)
  17. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I understand. As I said, poking fun. I get it and wouldn't have justified the request if I didn't see it happening again in future to others. :thumbsup:
    emmo46 likes this.
  18. Mezign

PSN ID
    SR_Mezign
    I'll also add here that considering the change in format and way we score teams I'm going to open up livery and number usage. Everyone is free to run their own number and team livery. I see no reason why teams need to have all the same livery car. I personally like a unified team look, but it's somewhat irrelevant now. So go nuts.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The Steward(t)s team will continue to run our livery. I like the unified look of the number boards too on the entire grid
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Very happy with how it is atm