IRACING RaceOnOz Legends Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by hairybear, Mar 9, 2013.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sweet glad you liked it after all... pretty sure the maintenance stated no functional changes so it's the controls reset that's done the trick :p
  2. elroy71

elroy71 Leigh Higgins

Thanks Hairybear for round 1 in the Legends road series. They are twitchy little buggers on the limit but this series will be awesome when we get a full grid. I had a blast with some good battles.
    I think a combination of timing (fairly early on a sunday arvo) and the Chinese F1 GP on the tv might have caused the low entrys.
    Friday nights maybe an option for next time?
  3. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    I forgot all about this, bbqs and f1 just filled my weekend. Will be there next time
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Thanks for organising this hairybear, the legend is always a blast to throw around the track, sorry I couldn't hang around for the second race.
  5. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

that's fine :D. if i had any idea earlier the GP was on i would have postponed. i'll try to keep an eye on that sort of thing. but feel free to let me know if you all would prefer another day or time on the weekend. i just picked Sunday to get things rolling. it's my first series as an organiser so bear with me :D thanks to those that made it though and i'll post up the results tomorrow, as i'm on 12 hours shift so i'm juggling sleep with life ( still figuring that bit out :p )

i still need to do the draw for the $15 prizes...what was used to pick the winners in the Clubman Cup?
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    For the Clubman Cup, We use a "Random Number Generator" iPhone app. Whatever place you finish the round in is your number. So if you had 6 entrants, assign a number to each person, and run the generator. First number to appear is winner.
  7. basilenco

basilenco Rookie

Sorry I couldn't make it got home from fishing after being sea sick and was in no shape to try and drive lol
  8. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

The F1 should be on in the evenings until the Korean race in September, so you shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.
  9. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    wnen this start
  10. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Sorry I missed this as well, I was flat out finishing my new rig before I had to give the welder back.
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Pictures???
  12. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

made a couple of highlight ( and lowlight :p ) reels but it's taking a stupidly long time to upload them to photobucket. i just cancel after 10 mins and it's not even at 10%, and the file is only 200MB. is photobucket normally that slow? can anyone suggest a faster video hosting service? not sure if it's photobucket or my upload speed that is causing it.

edit: just checked my upload and it's 4Mb a second so it's not the issue.
  13. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    You could always try youtube
  14. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I have found youtube is pretty good for uploading videos pretty quickly.

When is the next round of this series? Is it this weekend?
  15. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    next round date and time please?

#75 Chris Beahan
  16. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

tried youtubing but it's just as slow. this is race 2. let me know if streams smoothly from photobucket or not. sorry for the low quality everyone, i'm still running the sim on a 3 year old laptop. and it's my first attempt :p

[​IMG]
  17. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

ah photobucket doesn't let you embed the video. turns out youtube is actually a little faster too. thanks for the tip fellas.

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/awE5RZmWwgo[/video]
  18. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    That's pretty amazing upload...
  19. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

yeah i thought it high too, considering it's 4G mobile. my Optus Cable only manages 1.8Mb, but i've been dissapointed with Optus for a few years now anyway, the ping is too stupidly high for gaming.

mind i think that is 4Mbits a sec not 4MBytes a sec. i used speedtest.com.
  20. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

It wasn't fair that everyone except the host got to lead at some stage.