IRACING RaceOnOz Legends Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by hairybear, Mar 9, 2013.

1. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Hoping to subscribe to iRacing tomorrow, would it be OK if I join in for tomorrow night's race?
  2. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Legends race today! Lets make this one a decent field, don't everybody practice too much while I'm at work.
  3. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
  4. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I should be there! I dont think I have ever done laps on the Jefferson variant of summit point
  5. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
  6. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

hey Stig hope you can make it. any Race On Oz members are welcome anytime. just make sure you get someone to accept you into the iRacing Race On Oz League after you sign up.
    then when it's time just click on the leagues tab and then the RaceOnOz League and when the session opens the box at the right of the race table will turn green with a little steering wheel inside it. just click on that and away you go.

did the Ultimate Pay thing work out for joining up?
  7. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    The Ultimate Pay thing did work out, though the cards are called "Ultimate Game Cards". Decided to get a 1 year subscription for $49 using a promo code rather then the Cadillac deal, as the Cadillac deal required a credit or debit card.
  8. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

just a quick notice!! there is a hosted practice session opening at 6:30 for a couple of hours. check the new thread for details!! i'd put a link here but have no idea how to lol!
  9. elroy71

elroy71 Leigh Higgins

Unfortunately I may not be able to make it tonight. I'm crook as a dog. I'm not giving up yet but If I'm not there, that is the reason.
  10. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

just get some good drugs into ya man!! ;)

well bummer, i hope you are feeling better by race time. then again it means one less person in front of me :p
  11. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

hey Stig don't forget to post your iRacing name and race number here man.
  12. TheStig13

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Brodie Steen (#95)
  13. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Sorry for leaving during race 2. I was hanging with the lead pack (after not doing my signature move of throwing it off the track during lap 1) :)
    I passed Enforcer along back straight and he got back by at start finish line. Then going into turn 1, the crew chief says we got too much damage. Right hand side it loops off track. I went out to look at replay and there might have been the slightest rub with Enforcer, but I felt/heard no impact. Little bit of a iRacing damage model fail. Then couldn't rejoin with the site down for maintenance notification. (Couldn't even log out).
  14. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's a bugger mate. The Legends are extremely fragile (in iRacing at least).
    Especially because the wheels extend a fair way out from the body, and the linkages will be lightweight, it's really easy to get wheel damage.
  15. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Good stuff, just seen that :cool:
  17. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

18. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Nice racing guys, looks like fun.
  19. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Great vids Hairy. I think I need to change my car colour, 4 of the top 5 were mostly black and it was a bit hard to tell who was who at times.

That was an awesome fastest lap too Neishy.
  20. hairybear

hairybear Rookie

thanks man, and i wouldn't worry too much about the livery colours. i'm processing the video at only 4k bitrate which is just crap. i need the smaller file at the moment because i'm between providers and using mobile broadband in the interim. the data usage allowance is really small on it. the vids should be up to a decent quality by the next race.

btw does anyone know of a much better video compression format than WMV that works with Youtube?

edit: sorry for the jittery footage too. Fraps and Windows Video Maker were both being real dogs yesterday, and i was getting too pissed off to care :p