RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You have been rehearsing I see.:)
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

So no quoting Ayrton if you take your only title rival out towards the end of a season :p
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You can only get away with it if they quote Alain the season prior after taking you out.
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ad2mny and Hatfield like this.
  5. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Yeah @Samsung1998racer ;)
  6. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Snetterton was at half way noob, besides I didn't take you out, you tried to touch me and I didn't like it. ;)
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Ok, just putting this out there. A couple of things I was thinking about.
    Minor offences handled by room captains/division consensus/agreement between the affected parties.
    Even more major offences handled by same if guilty party accepts fault and penalty.
    Penalty discount for early guilty plea.
    The idea is to reduce work load on mods by delegating authority and reducing admin duties for mods by encouraging early guilty pleasure by offering a discount on penalties.
  8. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    @Kart-No-1 's guilty pleas idea is the best idea I've ever heard of.

Lower the penalty for a guilty plea.
    Kart-No-1, WOLFYDADDY007 and KoAStR like this.
  9. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Also I think time penalties are OK for minor infringements but for more severe infringements maybe a points or position penalty would be more appropriate. This then would not affect other competitors points wise and a time penalty may have no affect on round points due to large time gaps between racers at race end.
    Apex_64, Beau_Albert and Crunch like this.
  10. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    The plea guilty, This is not the court for dodgy criminals. You do the crime the mods will do whats relevant punishment wise. I can't see how that would work, In the real world it works fine that a criminal understands what they have done is wrong, We all know whats right and wrong when racing. If you understand what you did is wrong why did you do it? I like the idea though @Kart-No-1 keep em coming :)
  11. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    It's just a thought to keep the pressure off the mods always being the bad guy. Currently works in many professional footy codes, don't know if they use it in any way in any form of real life motorsport. I don't imagine a discount would be 50% or anything, just a "bit". Would encourage drivers who willingly accept fault/blame to plead guilty meaning the mods do not have to follow up details, view footage, decide who is at fault and decide on a penalty. All time consuming stuff.
    Crunch, Apex_64 and seth123 like this.
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    In thinking about minor infringements for room captains etc to adjudicate on. These types of offences would be more a judgement of fact rather than a judgment or apportion of blame for example. Cutting track, driving over blend line on pit entry/exit.no pit stop etc.
    Early pleas would be more for issues where someone would otherwise need to make a judgment call over 2 disagreeing parties or a more major infringement.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I wouldn't say criminal is far from the the truth I see that some racers think they are above the law but there is no law so they act and say how they please without any due care. @Hatfield has put it out there that we have to clean up our act. If there was no problem then this thread wouldn't exist. There has been some real intelligent posts on this thread eg crunch & kart and others. To make ROOZ the best it has to adapt move with the times we are losing too many racers because of other people's bad manners on and off the track 3 that I know personally and I have only been here 2 seasons:cool: PS 2 have decide to stay because of what Hatfield posted.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  14. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    [/QUOTE]
    Very well said @WOLFYDADDY007 bring on updating the rules and making it so its enjoyable again. Redressing is so important when you get it wrong. using the bumper as a break marker is so wrong. wedging into a corner when there is already 2 drivers on the corner is wrong .Whatever it takes to clean up the racing is good. Hats of to you @Hatfield
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I have looked at all the suggestions and the link from @KoAStR and integrated the specifics listed into this new version of the penalty table (Updated OP too)
    [​IMG]
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Hatfield . These apply to the next race don't they?
    How would the process for alleging qually impediment play out given there are no replays.
    Does this change the 'rule' that the person behind has to make sure they have enough room for their flying laps taking into consideration the drivers that left the pits before them probable lap times
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this does not apply at all yet.... Simply ideas at this stage.

Video evidence is always required unless a room captain or mod has a first hand view of the incident and even then video evidence might be required.

If the person behind doesn't ensure enough room for their flying lap and they catch someone slower who is also on a flying lap, then bad luck.
    Zachery and incey like this.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hatfield likes this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I meant if you get a penalty it applies to the next race you have? Can you drop that race after you've served the penalty
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    oh good point. I will investigate!
    Zachery likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.