RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    If you stuff a lap ghost and let drivers through give your self room and gun it into the start finish and gun it again. if you do this get an extended 1 lap quali time.. just a thought.
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  3. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    I think it's a great idea. Spells it out for all platforms, so no-one can say "der...I didn't know...", and is transparent as can be on the mods part, devoid of opinion, favour, or politicking...well done!
    I agree with bob on this point also...
    Easyprey007 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  4. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    :cool:
    Just had a conversation with some assetto corsa guys who race with a penalty table. I was privileged to watch one of their championship races in France wow what a wonderful enjoying race it was. The leaders fought tooth and nail yet the respect they showed one another was something to envy. The mid pack had a formidable race and they too showed massive patience and respect. Then the back markers they too drove excellently even though they didn't get points. I really enjoyed watching the race. penalties weren't applied because all showed respect to the driver in front even when the leaders started to lap the back markers the leaders still showed them respect and waited for the opportunity to overtake rather than force an error. Just thought I would share this as I for one learned some good manners on racing etiquette. :cool:
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    And life returns to the thread :p
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  6. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, This is a long post but if we are going to do it we better make sure we nail it

many thanks to hat for his table work !
    We will look to incorporate this table into the new stewards group in some form for the upcoming season....
    We are currently discussing what the easiest way will be to implement this.

Just a couple of points after looking through all 5 pages of posts....
    - The goal here is to simplify the process for EVERYONE
    - this all came about after the split of the community onto different platforms and games.
    - The 'split' (for want of a better term), has seen an inadvertent relaxing of consistency in rules in some cases.
    - The 'framework' we have run the league from will remain, as it HAS worked very well for us over a long period of time
    - The intention of a stewards group is to TRY to bring consistency, clarity and transparency to any protest and ruling
    - All protests over ANY seasons have been looked at with the best intentions of the league first and foremost.
    - Remember the people looking at protests (past and future) are volunteers doing their best with limited time and resources
    - To the best of my knowledge there has NEVER been any conflict of interest by any ruling made in ANY of the leagues.

All that said, the following things need to be remembered by all competitors
    This is a game first and foremost, HOWEVER, all drivers should expect to be able to race in a clean, fair environment.
    * It has been proven time and again that NETWORK issues can and will affect the relationship between cars in lobbies
    * This is why we have ALWAYS asked for a replay from BOTH drivers involved in a protest.
    * Mods, Captains and others who have been involved in looking at any protest can only judge by using the EVIDENCE AVAILABLE to them.
    * The interpretation of rules is just that...an 'interpretation' ! Look at any motorsport category in the world, and penalties applied after any incident, there is almost ALWAYS a difference of opinion, IE "grey area". The most recent that comes to mind was the collision between Hamilton and Rosberg at the spanish GP.
    * This 'grey area' means that there will always be 'some' incidents where there needs to be discretion when a penalty is to be applied. For this reason there MUST, IMO, be an opportunity to adjust penalties where required.
    * Drivers who have been 'abusive', 'intimidatory' or 'intentionally reckless' HAVE been banned for a period of time. Best example was Dan Holland...... long term member, very well respected div 1 driver, who snapped one night after a few rounds of contact (GT5), his reaction was to wait for the field, then drive into the driver he had an issue with. Next day he apologised unreservedly, was banned for the remainder of the season, and given his previous standing, was allowed to race again next season, on probation. There was one PCARS driver who was banned for a period of time last season for abuse. When i asked for an apology to the person he targeted, he gave me a few suggestions as to where i can put our community ! He has been banned and wont return until he acknowledges our request.
    * drivers who continually get penalised have had their penalties increased after 2 or 3 incidents.....
    * In short, a lot of the things suggested in the posts previous HAVE been happening.
    * I do think over time, drivers have become a little 'blase' about potential penalties, not quite knowing what it could be.

PENALTY PROCESS (CURRENT is linked below)
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Below is how "I" have always run the process, and how i believe it should work with the use of a Stewards Group (SG).
    1. A driver has intention of making a protest and saves his replay as required (protestor)
    2. "Protestor" makes the steward group aware of incident and provides HIS replay.
    3. The 'SG' then make the OTHER DRIVER aware that there has been a protest lodged AGAINST them, what the incident is, and who is involved. The SG will ask for any evidence that would show why the protest should be thrown out. Both drivers would have a separate conversation going.
    4. Once the 'SG' have evidence from both sides a ruling can be made. IF the driver being protested AGAINST cannot, or is unwilling to provide evidence from their replay, then the SG can only rule on evidence in front of them.They may ask other drivers in that division for help with replays to help with their determination etc.
    5. A penalty will be applied as per our agreed table of penalties, using discretion WHERE REQUIRED.
    6. BOTH drivers are notified of the SG decision, and IF there is a penalty applied, that driver has the right to appeal. That said, The appeals process DOES need to be tidied up IMO
    7. In the past, if a driver is found guilty, and a penalty is applied, that driver has the right to appeal to the person nominated by the mod team. In the past i have gone to Koaster as he is not involved in either PCARS or GT6. His decision has been final.
    8. If the protest is thrown out, should that 'protesting' driver have the right to appeal that original decision ?
    9. Once a protest has been judged, and both parties accept the decision, should we have a thread as to what the incident was, and why the decision was made ? Again, i have done this on occasion with the incident between Beau and sam at silverstone the best example, where it was the clearest case of having 2 completely different POV, and a clear difference in what each driver.saw on their replay

ALL THAT SAID, as koaster pointed out earlier, the current rules and regs, along with the current appeals thread generally outline what the intentions are above. Getting members, BOTH new and old, to read and understand the process has probably been harder than actually going through the process of the protest itself !!!!

Perhaps if we can get the table to a point where its included in the OP of each div for every season, along with links to rules and regs / protest procedure / Mic etiquette (all things found in the new members thread) then it will ultimately make all of our lives easier.

stu
    KoAStR, Apex_64, Crunch and 7 others like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if the defendant can appeal a guilty ruling, the protestor should be allowed to appeal an innocent ruling

yes make it public once the incident ruling etc is complete (but maybe public in a locked thread)
    Viperzed, Crunch, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  8. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Wouldn't recommend appealing to the High Court on the grounds that the decision violates the Constitution, specifically the 'vibe of the thing'.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    i think i agree with hat. In the case of an appeal (either against guilty or innocent verdict) then both drivers need to be shown the evidence and how the decision is reached. if they still wish to go ahead with the appeal after seeing both sides, then we need to have a process for that.
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Brilliant posts & suggestions all round that I fully agree with. Stu, Hat & Zach deserve applause for their posts.

The only thing I'll add is that an appeal should be assessed by more than a single person (at least 3). It's fine when things are assessed in first instance to have one (or more) steward, but usually, an appeal is an intricate case with a suitably wide grey area that it would require the 'full bench' (as it were) of the SG.
    stucar17 and Zachery like this.
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i cant disagree with that crunch...

so, i think we may need a couple more GT6 drivers to put their hand up so we can have even numbers from each game to help form the SG. Anyone we can add to the list along with viper ??
  12. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I think @WOLFYDADDY007 would be gr8 for this job in gt6 !
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Is it a prerequisite to be racing in GT6/Pcars?
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    not a prerequisite, but desirable.....That said, we are discussing if the SG would be involved with F1 league as well.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Alright sweet, because I'd like to put my hand up for this.
  16. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    I have a large amount of experience with all 4 main titles (GT6, PCARS, AC and F1) so i can do everything really?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    nothing like a bit of confidence there Samuel !
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  18. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Ok Stu.........:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    :laugh:
    stucar17 likes this.
  19. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'm happy to look over events on GT6 and F1 if wanted. Spent plenty of time on each to know how they work.
    Zachery, garyw61 and Knuckles like this.
  20. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    I think that PCars stewards will need to be experienced PCars drivers, particularly for incidents involving the 'magnet effect'. There is no way that someone who hasn't experienced this will understand what is going on.
    Sam D Blacklock, stucar17 and Zachery like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.