RACEONOZ Penalty Table

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Hatfield, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    There is the grey area right there.
  2. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Half-Byte likes this.
  3. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Be a little patient. The races generally go for more then a minute or one lap. Takes 2 seconds to fall back in behind someone and have another crack somewhere else.
    Easyprey007 and WOLFYDADDY007 like this.
  4. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    If your @arakasi- looking for grey areas now then be prepared for any negative outcomes in your future appeals on your interpretations please read what I said about the onus on the one doing the overtake :cool:
  5. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    I am not looking for grey areas.
    They are there. Tis the reason for this thread.
    Using the words "any contact" will make it just that.
    Whatever the mods say, I will happily agree with.:cool:
  6. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Cool @arakasi- :cool:
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Happy Australia Day.

I am not an executive or a person with any powers on this website, so I've largely ignored the discussion about substantive changes. That is for the moderators and administrators to decide upon.

Otherwise, the document is in a finished state.

The old rules here continues to represent the rules and regulations as they exist. I won't be modifying that anymore, because it is fully up to date with my edits for clarity.

The following document is my complete new presentation of the rules and regulations, and should form as a basis of discussion on specifically WHAT rules should change, and HOW they should change. The rules are substantively identical however based upon how the league is run, but presented in a way that is precise and clear, and relevant (no more references to Whirlpool, etc.).

RaceOnOz Rules and Regulations 2.0
    Apex_64, Half-Byte, Zachery and 3 others like this.
  8. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    There is also the onus on the driver being overtaken to realise when he has to yield into a corner by the overtaking driver. It cuts both ways.
    Apex_64, incey and JonoStan96 like this.
  9. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    The onus is still on the overtaking driver to wait for the right opportunity eg that's why we have Vettel's blue flag song if you haven't seen it watch it. I agree if the driver in front knows that the one about to overtake is far better than they are then he should show etiquette and at the appropriate time allow that driver through. But too many times have faster drivers forced the issue and shown total disrespect for the driver in front and blamed the one in front. I refer you @Kart-No-1 to page 14 Para o of @Crunch ROOZ rules which haven't been adopted YET but see how they can be used. Simples:cool:
    Crunch and Half-Byte like this.
  10. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I was not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that at the same time, referring to page 14 Para p that the driver being overtaken can not drastically change their line to be prevented from being overtaken. In fact it needs to go further and outline a degree of overlap and also detail that the deliberate crowding of the overtaking driver into the apex or entry of the corner or in fact the driver being overtaken off the outside edge of the track coming out of the corner will incur a penalty. Both drivers must at all times give the other racing room. It is not a one way street with the onus solely on the overtaking driver.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    incey likes this.
  11. WOLFYDADDY007

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    Yeah but ain't it good to quote the rules :confused:@Kart-No-1
    Crunch and Half-Byte like this.
  12. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    It is.:D
    Crunch likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The racecraft guide should include guidance about drivers recognising that they are 1 or 2 seconds a lap slower than an overtaking driver and making it easier for the faster driver to get through so that the slower driver can use the faster drivers example to get closer to the field in front rather than holding up the faster driver so that the field closes up from behind
  14. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I am not a fan of suggesting that a slower driver has to relinquish his position just because a faster driver is attempting to pass unless he is being lapped. If your racing for position there is no obligation to let him past easily, race hard and within the rules. No more, no less. However I have on many occasions let a clearly faster driver pass without a fight for several reasons. Being out of position due to pit strategy. Obviously there is no point battling with a faster driver approaching from behind if he has completed his pit stop if you have not. This is just slowing both of you down. Similarly if at the start of a race, due to a turn 1 incident where front runners have run wide off the track to rejoin at the back, I have also not put up a fight if the approaching driver is considerably faster. Again this will only slow you both down with the possibility of you falling back into the clutches of drivers you may have otherwise beaten if you had yielded. It's all about rececraft and tactics.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Apex_64, incey, JonoStan96 and 4 others like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    With 3 laps to go in a race, a leader comes off ahead of you, and rejoins just half a second behind. You are now in the Top 5 but the car behind is a second a lap quicker than you and is already looking for a way past.
    Are you REALLY going to make life easy for them? :p
  16. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Hell no
    Peter Wise likes this.
  17. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

With any luck, if we have well balanced divisions then there shouldn't be 1-2 seconds a lap difference in pace. That much of a pace difference is hard to defend anyway unless it's on a street circuit like Monaco.
    For a leading driver, choosing a time to pit so that you don't rejoin behind slower competitors is part of a successful strategy.
    I've been in situations where a leading pack driver was on a 1 stop strategy when I was no stopping, he came out behind me on fresh tyres and was much faster in clean air, but I wasn't going to let him past without a battle. It might seem frustrating to them but that's racing.
    JonoStan96 and Half-Byte like this.
  18. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Just like to draw attention to the fact again that Crunch has done a wonderful job in writing this up. I don't think this is really a time to discuss race strategies in terms of letting drivers through to maintain pace :p The discussion in question is all about contact which really should be any piece of contact which alters the line taken by the defending or attacking car in a negative manor. I can't be bothered going into a full length paragraph here so thats really summing it up.

@stucar17 How is this stewarding idea going?
    Easyprey007 and Half-Byte like this.
  19. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, sorry, life been in the way last few days......

@Crunch, have to say good job in collating what has largely been in place for many seasons....Adjustments and clarification of rules is important given where this community has come from over the last few years.

Can i say, general racing common sense has to be foremost in people's minds when competing. It wont matter how 'clear' the rules are, the inevitable network issues and 'driver interpretations" will always give grey areas where we would "wish" for things to be black and white.

This review is about the PROCESS of how we go about our racing, and what is expected of ALL competitors. Its about getting all the added bits, as we have grown, and incorporating them into the regs to everyone is clear. it will only work if everyone reads and understands them !!!!

I hope to get a little time over the next few says to sort with Hat the penalty table for quick review by those interested...We are also close to asking some of those interested for the Stewards group.....Again, hopefully can get to it over the next 3 days.

EDIT :
    The only other thing i would add here guys, after reading some of the posts 3 pages back, is that catching drivers doing the wrong thing, Can on some occasion, be an extremely time consuming thing for our room captains. @Crunch can i use the following example as to why 'I" feel the community NEEDS to use TRUST as well.

When i was in my first season, there was an incident where a Div 1 driver cut the pit entrance at Lemans (from memory) and the only reason the other drivers around knew, was that a gap of 10 seconds was then 2 seconds (from memory) on the completion of the stop. On review of the replay, it was judged that he had gained a time advantage, and was then penalized (rightly so) in the form of a pit lane drive through. The driver "straight lined" the pit entry hoping not to get caught ! My point here is that we cant expect room captains to troll through race replays of every pit entry and exit in the hope they find someone who has run over a white line. Some of the best stewards are the drivers where something doesnt make sense. This is a completely different scenario to someone attempting to enter correctly but putting a wheel just over an entry line.

Remember too, the PCARS replay is broken, in that it randomly changes driver liveries,drops drivers from the replays all together and if the driver is DSC then quite often the replay has a car stuck on the grid. It also doesnt have the telemetry like the GT6 replay has. It can make things very difficult

Personally, if i am racing someone, and i am 1 sec ahead, we both pit and all of a sudden he has a 10 second advantage, i may have a look at it, but if its within 1 sec or 2 i just get on with it.

The one thing i dont want to have happen, is our group getting bogged down having to trawl through hours of replays making sure everyone doesnt brake a rule by a tire width !

- Pit entry will be specified at driver briefing, most tracks have a penalty for too fast an entry (GT6) or time penalty for cutting on entry
    - Pit exit....Most drivers do remain in the exit lines, however some tracks dont exactly provide a safe exit lan in relation to other cars on the race line.
    I think a 5 sec penalty for anyone outside the lines is massively over complicating things for those having to spend the time looking. `

- track limits. I have always said, drivers are allowed to make a couple of mistakes in a race....In pack racing, guys are very quick to know when someone is off track and gaining from it. Without trolling through hundreds of races, there have been incidents where drivers have highlighted the number of laps where the car infront has "cut" or run wide in the interest of keeping the car behind ... behind !
    3 times in a race can be seen as mistakes, any more than that drivers would have to be thinking it's becoming a habit and outside the rules.
    - red notes at the bottom of the list were simply things i felt we needed to "word in" somehow,
    Multiple rule breach - driving with a CLEAR disregard for multiple rules could incur a bigger penalty than the possible combined infringements
    * Evidence- reinforcing that we can only rule on the evidence available to us
    * game glitches - PCARS has the brilliant magnetic effect, which is taken into account when looking at incidents. There have been numerous occasion where a car has made a clean pass, but the slightest contact has seem them both fire off into the boonies
    - I think the main offences are highlighted well in the table. perhaps we need to say that the B pillar is defined as being along side, so long as the "passing car" can make the corner without contact, and in "control".
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Viperzed, garyw61 and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    The positive feedback has been greatly appreciated.

I'll cut the core of the issue though:

It was my honour to write the document and devote so much time and effort into it. It's my pleasure.
    However, a few people seem to be under the impression that I can 'change rules', 'make rules' or modify them. I can't. I have no power.

So I'll tell of an analogy:
    The document is currently like a Bill that has been sent to Parliament. It is completely ineffective as law until the Parliament pass and ratify it. In doing so, the Parliament would be repealing the current rules. Currently, all forum threads that have the rules in them are the law of this site. The document is simply a Bill. It needs to be approved by the Government/Parliament to mean anything at all.

Whether the Parliament ratifies a Bill is up to them. Often, a Bill is passed back to advisers to makes changes and amendments before they approve and pass it.

Maybe that is what is happening here? But I am unsure where we stand as a community now that I've made the document. I got asked to make a complete rules and regulations, so I did. I thought the document would be enlightening, and it seems it has.

But I'm not a moderator... My work is completely done. I gladly give the document to the community. What happens now with the rules and regulations is up to the moderators who decide what happens.
    Apex_64, Zachery and stucar17 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.