GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I pitted: lap 10/22/32/43 i went for the lowest fuel possible in each run to help tyre life and allowed me push hard in all srints right till the last lap of the stint, in my 2nd last pit stop i filled 50 litres, so i could quick stop the last with 30 litres.

I didnt go red at the end, but i wouldn't of had enough fuel to complete another lap so it was done to perfection.
  2. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    Sorry for the noshow from me, especially it was my series idea.
    Hats off to clevohead for championing the series, as well as the hosts. I think you guys really made it happen.

Hope everyone enjoyed the mid season break. Time for u guys to get into s11 now
  3. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No probs Beannie, shame to see you leave us in GT5, and all the best in your iRacing career.

I will get the div 3 results and ladder up tonight, if the other hosts could do the same, I will make a results table for the OP, and then Koastr can update the HOF.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Congrats to all winners on Sunday night, and overall division winners.
    This was a fantastic season, and props to all who participated. And beannie, is this really the end? :'(
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Championship standings

1. mustafur 23+30+24+10=87
    2. Cyber 18+19+24+0=61
    3. CobMcCool 11+13+19+6=49
    4. Zampli 22+0+16+0=38
    5. chev 22+13+0+0=35
    6. rotorsplox 9+21+4+0=34
    7. Tek 8+12+0+8=28
    8. DekGT5mad 0+0+12+5=17
    9. Aussie 3+0+0+0=3
  6. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84

haha, nah not the end... i mean, i'm enjoying iracing at the moment, but thats not to say the GT5 wont ever come back again. GT5 doesnt cost anything and its always there so i can always jump on, but if im spending my time on iracing, GT5 will certainly be put on a backburner. at the moment, the gt5 love has gone, but i still like it - it is car racing still at the end of the day ;)

i have said i'll join s11 for gt5, however i do find myself losing the grasp of the gt5 physics, coz of iracing.
    i'll probably still be div2, but i wont be up top of the leaderboards....

you though sir, even though you aren't an automatic bump to div1, you should really push yourself into div1 - i think you have the speed and "argumentative" driving style that will really make you enjoy it :)
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Another good nights racing. I did my home work and knew that three stops was about 4 seconds quicker than 4 stops on my test times so stopped at 13, 27 and 41 planning on 43 litres each stop (although being a nervous nelly I put a couple extra in at each stop just to be sure). I managed to qualify 2nd (Div 3 pole) and got a good start to lead up the hill. At the left hander before the bridge I got swamped and and fell back to third and then moved up to second behind Turbo as we went into the tunnel. I gave him a little bump and then eased off to make sure he kept the lead. On the run up the straight the first lap I got swamped again as about 4 cars drafted past turbo and I. Places were being exchanged every couple of meters and Ad3 had got into the mix from the back of the grid and clevo was hanging in there as well. Evil and Turbo had offs at the esses on the second or third lap and I settled into a five car train with anon and stumble disputing the lead with me, ad2 and Clevo trailing along behind. Clevo gradually drifted back and ad2 and I closed on Anon and stumbles. On lap 7 and 8 ad2 started to press me very hard and on lap 8 entering the tunnel I gave the wall a kiss which cost me a few seconds, unfortunately for ad2 he thought he had caused it and waited for me. The next lap Anon pitted and knowing 3 stops was quicker than 4 I had supposed 5 stops was slower than that and that Anon was toast (little did I know, more on that later). I think I was alone on a 3 stopper and pitted lap 13, I was feeling fairly confident of the win at that stage. From then on I was either way out the front or nearly last as the various strategies unfolded. I was in the lead at the 1/2 way mark which strengthened my believe that the race was mine. I expected to resume the lead at about the 45 lap mark and then have to defend it to the flag as the others charged after me on fresher tyres. Imagine my surprise when Stumbles pulled out in front of me (with 4 laps fresher tyres, I guess he didn't read my script) after his last stop, Turbo was running ahead of him but I suspected he might have to pit again so discounted him and concentrated on closing on Stumbles. By lap 50 I was on his tail as he rounded up turbo. Then my degrading tyres hit and I ran out of road in the esses in my haste to get at Stumles and Turbo and lost about three seconds. From then on my tyres were shot and turbo seemed to be in more trouble as I soon passed him. At that stage I had Evil about 8 seconds behind but he was gaining fast and I struggled to beat him by a mere second at the finish. Considereing Evil and Turbo had been a the back of the pack early on they made remarkable comebacks.
    Today I did the figures for a five stop strategy and to my surprise it was about 6 seconds quicker than my three stopper. The times I came up with were:
    3 stops 1:02:33.6 ( I beat this by about second in the race)
    4 stops 1:02:37.8
    5 stops 1:02:27.6
    6 stops 1:02:34.8
    7 stops 1:02:57.

I don't know how many did a 5 stopper but I know I will exploring more options next time. I never for a moment considered that 5 stops may have been quick, it didn't seem to make sense to be stopping about every 10 minutes!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this championship and would certainly be involved in it again or something similar.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Well i did a 4 stopper but my last laps of the stints where only low 1:05s so i wasn't losing much time, it depends how you drive the course as well.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Having been a Fellow Iracer and Rfactor racer my self I have to agree, its very hard to go GT5 and Iracing at the same time as the Physics are just much too different, i Tend to dedicate my self to one sim at a time, and will likely go back to Iracing at one stage in the future.
  10. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hey Barra, aren't you forgetting someone in those results mate? :p

I had been doing some running in of the car, but I was still a few HP short. I ended up qualifying 4th with a 1.04.7 (no draft). I was going quicker than the pole time in the first 2 sectors, but was still having a bit of trouble with the final turn losing me precious 10ths.

Race start was just first gear, foot flat, and let the 4WD launch the car. By the end of Turn 2 I was in the lead which was a huge surprise to me. Of course the main straight all i could do was just hang on as a couple whizzed by and I ended up back in 3rd or 4th. Coming up to the esses I was trying not to run up the guy in front of me, missed my turn in point ever so slightly, slid a little wide which pushed Moon off the track as he was on my outside, so I pulled up and waited for him to get going again. Now dead last!

The next 5 or 6 laps I couldn't even reel in the guys ahead, moon skipped away, and I was losing time to the leaders in front. I was getting frustrated and started to think another 50 laps of this? And then, the gap to front started to come down, at a decent rate. I then caught up to some of the guys at the back, i think Anon was there too and noticed his early pit entry. I had absolutely no idea how long these tyres were supposed to last, but I pitted the end of lap 11 and I think I was in second at the time. Back to last again as everyone went past me in the pits. I put in 25 litres of fuel.

Through the race my position see-sawed as the different strategies unfolded and I began to wonder, I might be able to salvage a podium position here. On the second last stop (around lap 32 or so) I stuffed it up and underfuelled the car by only putting 16 litres in. It got me to lap 38 or 39 i think and I had to pit again. I chucked in 70 litres and again fell right back in the pack.

I caught the leaders as they finished their final stops on lap 42-3-4 or whatever, I passed Stumbles as he started to exit the pits, and I set off trying to maintain some sort of gap to the finish. It was a massive gamble trying to make the tyres last 18 or so laps, but it had to be done. By lap 50 my fronts were just about gone completely, and the gap was closing. I screwed up in the esses and went on the grass so I lost a couple of seconds there (not that it really mattered in the end). By the next lap I had a ribbon of tread left, Stumbles passed me easily, with Moon not too far behind him. 3 laps to go and I had to stave off the challenge from 4th and 5th place! But it was hopeless, I had no tyres at all for lap 53 and 54, trying to turn was just ridiculous, the esses became almost impossible and I lost more positions. I then noticed my fuel on lap 53 was very low, I thought I had overfuelled it at 70 litres, but it made it to the end on a red line from the tunnel.

The gamble didn't work for me in the end, I can only wonder how I would have finished if I didn't stuff up the 3rd stop. Good race though, I did enjoy it.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I Think you could have done a 10 stopper and still won :D . I was lucky to be doing low 5s to mid 4s in the first laps of my stints and I was doing 7 and 8s over the 12th 13th and 14th laps of my stints. It definitely depends on style and mine just isn't that quick, again I set the 6th fastest time in the race but still managed a second place. I did manage to plonk it on the front row though but not because I'm fast, the other guys didn't perform to their best.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    the Key to Multiple pit stop races i have found is to avoid being on old rubber as much as possible, losing 3 a seconds a lap would be the maximum I would allow before pitting, because if you add all those 3 second off pace laps in all of your stints it ends up being well over a pit stop.
  13. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    :):):):), sorry mate. Have fixed it now.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I do a half race distance to gauge the tyre deg and fuel usage and then put the numbers into a spread sheet. I cut and paste the laps and pit/refuelling times into each scenario and then total the lap times. lowest time wins unless long stints put me in danger of big errors. The race the other night had me running much faster in the early laps than I wanted, those guys were in a hell of a hurry!!! :eek: . I ended up undercutting my time by about a second but I made about 10 seconds worth of unplanned contacts with the walls.
  15. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    That approach is a little more thought out than mine emmo. Before the race, I had worked out the laps I needed to pit for a 2 or 3 stop strategy. The rest was done on the fly. At about lap 10, I decided I could make it to lap 13 or 14 for a 3 stopper, but not 18 for a two stopper. Strategy finalised :D
  16. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I usually plan all my strategys whilst racing.
  17. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea I just wing it too, I didnt want go around on old tyres so did four stops too.
  18. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah damn, that's complex emmo.
    I might work out fuel usage before the race with 5/10 laps around the track just so I know about how much to fill up.
  19. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Same here. I did 11 laps the other night and needed 43 litres to fill, so just went with that. Worked out to 4 stops with 36 litres per stop, but last stop I only chucked 30 in and made it home... Drafting must have saved me some juice... lol
  20. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Div 3 - Round 4 Results:

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    |            ROUND 4 - 2nd B'DAY CELEBRATIONS                |
    |------------------------------------------------------------|
    |   N A M E    | POS | POS | POS |       TOTAL POINTS        |
    |              |     |     |     |                           |
    |--------------|-----|---------------------------------------|