ROOZ Custom Made Merchandise

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by R0T0R-AU86, Dec 6, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TBH, not yet......on the list of 'things to do' its down the order a bit. We are keen to make it happen though...its just finding the time....getting hold of Juzzo, sorting through the logistics of money transfers and volumes....
    Jim_aka_The_Man and RHINO11 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys....

We are looking to get this re-started but need the help of someone / people / group to make it happen.
    The bottom line is the following.....
    - Juzzo owns the INT Property for the site so it needs to be clean if there is money changing hands.
    - Juzzo has minimal input these days, and there were things being discussed 'out back' when we had to put the handbrake on this. I am contacting Justin now to see how we can move forward with this in a clean and issue free manor for all involved.
    - Tax implications (if any)
    - How we set this up on the website
    - who holds stock
    - where profits from sales go
    - Payment gateways
    - etc etc etc....

Is there anyone who has the skills to resume where we left off ?
    @leeboy910 (did you still have any stubby holders ?)
    @R0T0R-AU86
    @SPL Racing
    you guys had a bit set up before we had to put on the hand brake.....

Lets see what lee, shane and rotor come back with as far as what they can do if interested, and i will let you know what justin says as far as moving forward with this as soon as we can.

Stu
    @Juzzo @KoAStR @Anon666 @Clevohead @carn_the_pies @Cyber_STIG_77 @Hatfield @Ad2mny
    garyw61, Beau_Albert, dj2ca and 3 others like this.
  3. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    There are a couple of ways to go about it... you can get shirts etc printed through digital or screen printers but you need to do fairly large runs to make it price effective and you have to guess what size people are going to want or end up sitting on stock that's not moving. In saying that this would probably work best for stubby coolers or hats that only come in one size where we could get people to put in their orders and do a big run once every 6 months or so.

You could use a website like vista print which will open up a huge amount of options but is quite expensive at around $28 per shirt cost price. It's easy enough to use and can be great if someone wants to pay a premium for something a bit more special but that can be something we look at down the line.

Or you could use a website like red bubble that you just upload your designs and give people the link and they can go onto their website and order and pay and have the goods delivered directly to them. This takes a minimal amount of work to get the merch out there but you only make a small commission on each unit sold.

What we need to know is exactly how much stuff people want. I suggest we start off with a t shirt (black with color printing on front and back) stubby cooler (black with orange Rooz logo) and a trucker style hat (black with orange helmet logo). We take orders to gauge how many we need to purchase and shop around for the best price. I am more than happy to do this work as I have experience doing this kind of stuff with my wife's graphic design business. The only thing then is to work out money which can be paid by Rooz directly to the supplier and reimburse postage costs to me to send them out.

As far as the profits go they should firstly go to pay for hosting the site and domain names and a slice to juzzo for his IP and maintenance of the site. You won't make so much money that you need to be registered for gst and should work the same as money collected to be a gold member.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    For anyone that didn't see it these are the shirts I did through vista print which guys seem to like the look of. Pretty simple but effective I think. Of course we should get the blessings of our sponsors to use their logos but I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
    JonoStan96, Noremac, Zachery and 2 others like this.
  5. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    @SPL Racing, thanks for all the info. Graphic Designer, now we are talking!! Before anything gets moving we do need to come up with some designs. If you or anyone else has some design ideas, please put them up. I feel like we have never really settled on a tagline for the Forum, although I did like: ROOZ - Where even Rice Bubbles taste like Co-Co Pops!

I will admit I do like the "Red Bubble" concept and have put that forward as an option myself. In my mind it means we don't need to rely on someone to do the delivery side of things (esp with clothing and potential size f-ups) and there is no immediate upfront costs. I understand that the money the forum will bring in per shirt won't be huge, but we are never going to make a fortune with merch it's just a way of promoting the forum and creating a little bit of trickle income for ongoing costs.

Also, I am not 100% sure about the rules for something like Red Bubble, but in my dreams we have 1 or 2 main t-shirt designs, then we add special order shirts for people who want one with their own no., and/or name, and/or team on it - make it only available to gold members for example. If we pick one design and order in a stack then we will find it hard and expensive to customise. Down the line we would like to do 1 off shirts for special events like the go-karts, or bathurst or when we all go watch Mint at his first drive in Australia...some day - fingers crossed!!

Another also, @leeboy910 did have some stubbie coolers done, not sure if he still has them, but we should look at sending them out first before ordering more.
    Sam D Blacklock and SPL Racing like this.
  6. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

this is the logo/ slogan we run on the rooz iRacing cars that giant made
    [​IMG]
    JonoStan96, Anon666 and KoAStR like this.
  7. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Team Driver

PSN ID
    Samsung1998racer
    @Anon666 these are from a while ago, but maybe something to go off? Not my best work but can fix them up.
    Also included Beau AlbERT's ones so he doesn't cry :D
  8. Chase

Chase Rookie

PSN ID
    Flatstick
    Do you guys have stickers?
    Cause we all wanna deck out our sim rigs with some stickers
    Zachery likes this.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yea yea i want a sticker
  10. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert Professional

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Anyone know of anywhere to get cheap-custom stickers?
  11. Benjamin J Smith

yeah getting my whole car stickered up for free
  12. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    Samsung1998racer
    Yep, he isn't wrong, i stickered up this bad boy for him, put hours of work into it but really happy with the result.
    [​IMG]
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    N64TheStig007 (J.Stankowski)
    Oh my god that's the best thing I've ever seen :roflmao:

All it needs is NISMO window decals, V8 Supercar number plates and a "where it should be (where it is)" quote on it and it's perfect :D
    Peter Wise and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  14. Benjamin J Smith

the things you do while you are bored, i remember you saying that you were going to send a picture to my missus, so i blocked you on her FB messages, then you send me that and i pissed myself laughing.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    Samsung1998racer
    That wasn't the picture i was going to send her :p.
    Mate, would i want to embarrass NISMO like that, i'd probably get sued.
    As for the quote, the believe i left that out but i do think it says somewhere in the engine bay "I hope this reanalt engine is up to speck"
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    N64TheStig007 (J.Stankowski)
  17. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert Professional

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Not sure if this is still going to be a thing or not.... BUT if it is; i have a recommendation on who can do it. You pay a set fee to them; and they will provide you with Unlimited Revisions and designs of your Tops until you find what you're looking for; and then it's $42 per shirt with full custom names, numbers, whatever you want and free shipping; or express for a cost; obviously.
    On the Far Right is my personal Top for my SimRacing Brand; and on the Right Chest is an example of the font for your name and Number being custom. Of course you could also run a Gamer Tag too.
    [​IMG]

The Site is: https://tribefire.co/

They have designed the Shirts for both My Team and my own Personal SimRacing Brand and a few other examples too, and all are fantastic build quality and can be washed 100 times over.
    I'm not sponsored by them in any way; i just like what they do and want to share it with you guys at ROOZ! :D
  18. Captain_Risky_21

Captain_Risky_21 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Captain_Risky_21
    They look awesome, and the price is more justified if the quality is as awesome as you claim! Would definitely be interested in this.
    Spidey_11 and Woody like this.
  19. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11
    They look a bit too "fitted" for a few blokes round here....:inlove:
    andyo450, garyw61 and Beau_Albert like this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    $42 for a small market shirt isn’t too bad, considering there won’t be bulk orderes or anything, given beaus picture/ designs only appeals to about 6 people
    Captain_Risky_21 and JonoStan96 like this.