GT5 ROOZ State Of Origin GT5 Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Jul 17, 2013.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    1. Mustafur 27:35.820
    2. XxrotorsploxX + 0.166
    3. Zampli + 4.393
    4. N64TheStig007^* + 10.048
    5. t_b_williams + 30.338
    6. Ad2mny + 48.676
    7. Anon666 + 52.738
    8. S_CLOSE + 1lap
    9. emmo46 + 1lap
    10. bjh1012 + 1lap
    Pole: N64TheStig007 1:03.897
    Fastest lap: N64TheStig007: 1:03.326
  2. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Drivers Championship:
    1. Mustafur 25 pts
    *2. XxrotorsplorxX 18 pts
    3. Zampli 15 pts
    4. N64TheStig007 14 pts
    5. t_b_williams 10 pts
    6. Ad2mny 8 pts
    7. Anon666 6 pts
    8. S_CLOSE 4 pts
    9. emmo46 2 pts
    10. bjh1012 1 pt
    11. TTR_Joe90 0 pts
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Teams Championship:
    1. Q.L.D 41 pts
    2. N.S.W 31 pts
    3. Outsiders 30 pts
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Sorry fellas, but I'm really, really pissed after that.
    First of all, thank you to all for supporting my series, and most importantly, ensuring a FULL turnout. Unbelievable. I can't describe how grateful I am of this.

But unfortunately, that's where my good news ends. I hate to sound disrespectful or anything, but I feel robbed of 1 of 2 things. First of all, an awesome, head to head strategic battle with Mustafur, and (after his DC), certain victory. After much protest through 3 DC's I was very reluctant restarting and forking over my huge lead so we could start again. I thought that restarts were not allowed? I certainly did not want to restart, especially since my team was in a very strong position (1st, 2nd and 4th.)
    I am declaring from this moment on, absolutely no restarts, unless over half the field is DC'd and less than 50% of the race is completed. I know I sound like a sore loser, but this is how things would be.

Anyway, after the farcical half time, Anon got a good start and made a desperate dive up the inside into the sector 2, which, from my screen, was not clean at all. The room was having trouble all night, so I'm definitely giving Anon the benefit of the doubt. I attempted a very similar manoeuvre the next lap, but it was futile as we both ghosted, meaning I could not benefit from the corner like Anon did.
    This angered me enormously, as I started travelling backwards, not showing the same composure and sheer speed I was showing in the now infamous first half.

I planned to pit on the same lap as Mustafur, but I stupidly decided to stick with the pack consisting of Zampli, rotor and Anon. Even more stupidly, I pitted on the same lap, causing me to lose my now mandatory 3 seconds in the pits.

Of course, Mustafur undercut us all, and held off rotor for the win. I was pushing very hard to catch up, but m left rear gave up on me in the last sector, gifting 3rd to Zampli.

So it was good night of racing, living up to all of my expectations (aside from the pathetic performance from the Outsiders! ;), but I still feel bitterly disappointed. NSW should have had a huge lead after tonight, but it was not meant to be.
    Honestly, QLD should be feeling very, very relieved after tonight. You were handed a lifeline. Even after Anon's spin, you still have a 10 point gap.
    I hope you all will join me in 2 weeks time at Eiger Nordwand Short Track.

Cheers, Jono.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  5. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ay watch it lol. When S remembers to put fuel in and bj gets his brakes sorted and doesn't lag-punt me first lap, we'll be right up there ;)
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    When your whole team forgets basic race craft, it doesn't bode well. Rotor on his own is doing better than you guys! :p
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Firstly, thanks 64 for allowing me to join with no sign up what so ever.
    It's unfortunate how it turned it. I feel as if strategy was thrown out the window once the restart occurred.
    None the less I had some decent battles during the 2nd race, particularly with Mustafur. Still missing out on my elusive first win on ROOZ.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    hey AD mate we are better then that do not let them get to you WHOS GOT THE FI' nsw/qld /sa/tas/ or nt/ no i made asphalt for albert park & phillip island i went though lag and got shunted off the track? but always had plan B . but cruising & stubie in hand a pre rolled couple of smokes horizon not good NZ green had a ball thanks guys
    hey jeff kennett good guy ???
  9. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Hey mate of course we will be there.some of the best plans go wrong in my little rally career as a want to be Timo salonene could not get a good brake pedal front brakes one pump back 2 pumps ended up side down down a bank car was good as but had to watch 68 cars drive past me LOL
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

How many DC'ed before we restarted?
    If it was only 2-3, then I don't think we should've restarted, when the people started leaving we didn't really have a choice then but unless it was confirmed by the host (or runner of series) then no.
    The more than half the field/less than 50% of race completion rule sounds good, we've run many races with multiple dropouts and no restarts.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    we started with 11, and it was at 7, so 4 drop outs.

I wasn't really wanting a restart unless half the grid dropped out but im sure anyone after the initial 4 dropped, the rest dropped out for a restart.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The race was quite good, in the first half, I did a good first stint on the mediums and then went for a quick pitstop and go straight on the softs, not sure how I would of went after the disconnect but I was in a good position.
    Then after the restart, i got a good run on the outside into turn 1 and snatched 4 spots on the one corner, then for the rest of the first stint i was trying to catch the back of the lead pack, i wasn;t really comfortable and couldn't lap very good i thought i had mediums on lol.

So i decided to pit on lap 11 for the undercut thinking its my only hope for a good result as my tyres where shot by lap 11 anyway.
    As soon as i got out i felt much better and was able to pull a near perfect lap and it gave me a huge advantage on the guys who pitted the next lap and i got out ahead, after that i tried to pull as big gap as possible but i made a few mistakes that allowed roto to catch the end of my draft so, I tried to save my tyres best I could knowing that rotor was on newer tyres and it could come down to the final corners on who wins.

fortunately for me rotor started dropping back a bit in the last few laps and i was able to keep a decent advantage for when my tyres did go 3 Corners before the line, i could only drift them as my Left rears where basically gone but i just held the win.

I really didn't expect to win after the restart, feel bad for N64 but it gives you perspective on how crap safety cars are from a drivers point of view.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I feel your pain N64.
    I know my opinion is bais but State of origin is a team sport/event, and it seems people are more concerned with personal glory. I gave positions to both mustafur and annon more than once in the name of the team.

With two of three Qld cars forced out, not out by lack of pace or an incident I suppose the general feeling was it wasnt a fair fight teams wise.

Ultimately it is your call though mate, Having a mic would have made that decision a million times easier and clearer, but alas, you dont have one. Not having a go mate, I didnt have one for ages either.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yeah Im kinda confused with the team thing aswell, as we have a driver championship, I mean as I see it its a race that you got to keep in mind about the team championship a bit as well.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Personally, I'm not a fan of having a drivers championship for this one. I mean Darren Lockyer and Cameron Smith didnt win the last 8 Origin Series, QLD did.

But this is N64's idea so its his call on how its run.
  16. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  17. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sorry to my fellow blues, I had a shocker last night, I haven't been too sharp over the last couple of days with a head ache, back ache and a general lethargic feeling. Maybe it is just old age but I hope I get better soon, I have just been so tired.
    My race plan was ruined by the restart as I could only get 9 laps out of the left rear tire so was going for a 4 stopper. In both races I just couldn't keep up and kept making mistakes ending up in the wall. On the last lap I followed Rotor across the line and thought the race was over and I had beaten Serg, but I have never been lapped before and forgot that my race was still on until I completed the distance, my haste to get going again meant I ran into the wall and let Serg through, DOH.
    I was to blame for the restart N64, I thought it was unfair with so many dropping out as it was a team thing and decided to quit, I apologise as I thought N64 and zamps would dominate the restart as well, I stuffed up, sorry.:(
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree, I did the same for my fellow Blues as well.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I do have a mic, bu I choose not to use it because the bluetooth volume button is broken, so it is stuck on the highest volume. As a result, I would be deafening everyone and also, it is impossible to hear the game noise without the background noise.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The team championship is by far the most important aspect of the series, I just added a driver's championship in to add a little incentive to have inter team battles and to see who was the best driver across the 3 events.