PCARS-2 [Completed] RTEC 2018 - RaceOnOz Team Endurance Championship

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by its-benny-racer, Mar 11, 2018.

1. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Just thought I'd jump on and apologise for my out burst's duing the race last night , I'm pretty sure it's in the ROOZ rule's to keep ya cool , and i thought I'd mute my mic . So sorry if I put anyone off.
    Also just a quick shout out to JDM who was filling in for Gary .
    He did a really good job last night , plus he was offering help to his fellow ford driver's , a quality not to many people poses , so good work on the win JDM , and for helping out other roozers.
    Oh and good stuff Sambo too .
  2. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Great race again last night even with an unplanned pit stop after a massive coming together but that's racing I guess
  3. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Was a awesome race last night cheers guys, got my pb in qauli still 1.7 seconds off Benny racer, I never expected to be able to win last night, but when I realised Benny was doing a 2 stopper I thought I would go as long as I could In my first stint pitting with 41mins left I knew if I fuel saved I could make it to the end also decided not to change tyres as my slower lap speed saving fuel wouldn’t need the extra grip, after Benny spun somehow grew my lead out to almost 40secs and just cruised home short shifting and saving as much fuel as I could, kept out of trouble with no damage and had 1.3l left at the end, bloody stoked, and cheers bluebounty for tune once again:thumbsup: that’s 2 races 2 wins. Chur bros
  4. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yes was a good race despite retiring by the end and some fun and some added experience racing close by other cars, usually my races are always in clear air even if I rack up a good position.

Was shaping up to be a good battle v8 tis a shame it ended the way it did.
  5. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Well done @Slambobagan great drive and awesome pace. Happy to offer something that contributed to a win.
    My qualy was terrible, for some reason it felt like I had no front end turn in - weird.
    For the race I focused more on consistency last night seeing as though the others were quicker than me, there was no point pushing too hard and risking damage. Had a some great laps with @Hoppy (benny11169) infant until he had a spin then was on my tail for 7 or 8 laps or so - great chase. I ended up spinning in the last chicane which cost me 6 seconds which allowed @Hoppy (benny11169) and @Spidey_11 to jump in front of me. I tried to make it a one stop race but had some high engine damage slowing me down so needed to pit the second time.
    Ended up in P4 so pretty happy with that result.
  6. rossi0nsx

rossi0nsx Rookie

PSN ID
    rossi0nsx
    Definitely an improvement after changing from the Porsche to the Ferrari so thanks to all the guys that agreed I could change mid season. Had a pretty good start to the race and had a good battle with Stu, (although he came pretty close to taking me out a couple of times at the bus stop) I ended up making a mistake which gave me some damage, after having to reassign my buttons a couple of weeks ago after changing my pedals I found the buttons I usually use to change my pit strategy didn't work. So I had to pit twice once I figured out which buttons work, put me on the back foot for the rest of the race.
  7. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Couldn't find any pace in the qually so after 10 minutes filled the tank and just ran laps. With the delay and restarts had time to think about what the car was doing and what I needed to do to make it better. After a few laps I felt comfortable and started to push but every time I would get a sniff of the back of someone I would get a lmp car on my rear. Pitted with 3ltrs left taking 35ltrs and no tyres from first came out in 5th behind v8 and Kayne only to have them and Spidey spinning across the road not sure how I missed them. Pushed on with only to inherit 2nd. The 2 small spins with no damage was the difference for me I think and finding some consistent lap times. The wheel clip for the last 4 laps was a pain. Thanks everyone very enjoyable in the end.
  8. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Thats interesting about that video v8 I remembering moving perhaps to far across but on my view you were not as far up - as I thought we were side by side and I thought you were further across the track than you actually were.. not making excuses spose in situations like that its good I get into the habit of using the look left and right buttons

I'll take ownership of that - sorry all

I spose in hindsight I shouldn't of even worried about making room for benny and worried about taking you on into the corner and made space for him then.

I had 2 damage in the front from the spin earlier and on the previous 2 laps when I tried to do the same thing you outmuscled me still, just thought this time was different as I got a real good run out of Eau Rouge :/
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    TheJuzzy and Hoppy (benny11169) like this.
  9. Racepace

Racepace Rookie

PSN ID
    JDM_TUNING-FD3S
    So very happy with my pace in the race. I feel for juzzy and the other gte drivers that in the end were actually gaining a tenth or two on me. But as the lmp2 came to play in corners i would push the car to extend my gap for when the lmp2 got to me and i lost time also. V8 it was going to be a battle to the end if you didn't have issues also juzzy unlucky mate was looking forward to a race long battle..
    On a note of my night. In the previous room with 5min race i immediately had race stability issues. I put it down to the games pre heated tyres. So when i pushed it was really laying straps on the tar. I had no strategy just a full tank and tyres set. In the two mins pre race, i changed the aero balance from 0 and 3 to 1 and 5. Opened the rear brake ducts and brought my springs down on the front and rear. All untested based off my feelings from the 5mins race. It made the car rotate but understeer was something i had to manage with knowing the gear and speed to enter corners. Knowing this i shortened my sixth gear for a max speed of inbetween 260 and 270kmh. Was my first race in gte and keeping a good pace, staying out of trouble and keeping my rear tyres incheck produced a win. Keen for seat next race if im available. Good win slambo great points haul for the team once again..
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hi guys, taken me a while to find some time to write up a report, packin up a 3 bedroom house sux!!

first things first, big thanx to @emuegg11 for your generosity mate, without it, i wouldn't have raced

i've always loved starting last, there is a freedom to it that i enjoy & Sat nite was some of the best racing i've been a part of, making it to halfway with no damage & having been wheel to wheel numerous times, getting uber close to touching thru sector 2 a few times with @stucar17 & @rossi0nsx

i pitted for fuel & fresh softs all round with about 35mins to go. i was letting myself get distracted by the timing to find out where everyone was at & with 8mins to go i spun it out of the Les Combes complex & had to limp home with damage, being glad to lose a place as punishment when @Anthonyb came past me for 2nd place, great race pace Ant. p3 from last i was happy with on a not so great night for Team Green

congrats to @Slambobagan & @Racepace on the wins! see y'all at Silverstone
    emuegg11, TheJuzzy, stucar17 and 5 others like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Thanks mate thought I had handed p2 back to you with my spin on the final turn was hard to judge where you where with your headlights out could only imagine what it was like to race for the last few laps in the dark. Good fun
    TheJuzzy and Spidey_11 like this.
  12. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Yeah guy's , I stuffed up all buy my self . did all right to get back up to 4th .
    Anthonyb and Spidey_11 like this.
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hmmmmmmmm those mercs look ace
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  14. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Slowly getting my head around it Nige , pretty tough car to drive on the limit on no tune . Can't out brake your self because it will go round each time .
    Anthonyb and Spidey_11 like this.
  15. Hoppy (benny11169)

Hoppy (benny11169) Team Driver

PSN ID
    benny11169
    Will miss you all next round @silverstone due to work commitments. Will keep those updated for replacements.
  16. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
  17. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Rookie

If anyone has pulled out count me in Aston MArtin GTE :D
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Anthonyb likes this.
  18. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey mate, the thing is you can't drive any car you want. You have to drive the car that is being left vacant.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  20. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Rookie