PCARS-2 RTEC 2019 {COMPLETED}

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by nigegunz, Jan 6, 2019.

1. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Re-run Re-run .
    t_b_williams, v8power383 and nigegunz like this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Well that race can go suck a big fat one.
    Was obvious I wasn't going to have the pace to challenge for the win, but an early spin and tap of the wall wasn't was I was bargaining for. Light damage was OK and was happy to deal with it till what I thought was going to be my first of two stops for a two hour race. Pitted a little earlier than planned and thats where is started going really wrong. Turns out I had lost the pit strategy for the Audi and came out with massively high pressures. Car was manageable but couldn't get the max out of it. Was worried I might not make it on fuel once I realised it was only an 80 min race, but it was all good. But then I lost it through the second chicane and copped a fair bit of damage. Was holding 3rd, with the guys behind closing. But the pressure was too much. Pushing as hard as I dare I lost the car again, causing loads of damage. Last place and a couple of laps down it was then.

onto the next one, with a little more practice I think......................
    v8power383 and TheJuzzy like this.
  3. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I'm going to talk to Stu tonight about getting more pCars racing on the Facebook page, that's how we'll get more bums on seats.
    stucar17 and v8power383 like this.
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

hey y'all. I've updated the OP which is a race date change from the 24th August to the 31st August so as to not clash with the GT3 6hr enduro
    v8power383, TheJuzzy and t_b_williams like this.
  5. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

PaulCox likes this.
  6. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    After a great season was wondering if there’s any gt3 spots available for Nurburgring gp and the rest of the series...will be on my birthday after all hehe.
  7. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

there are so many spaces available that this series may have flatlined & been declared!
  8. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    That’s a shame, thanks tho. I’ll keep an eye on the forums as the date gets closer
  9. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I've only just seen this. whats the go with these races?
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Have a look at the top of the first page, has everything there..down to the last 2 rounds if it’s still going.
  11. Telum

Telum Team Driver

PSN ID
    familiagtr
    It would be great to reboot/reinvigorate this series, or the concept at least. Who will ever forget the Marek stretching it's legs down the front straight of Fuji, or the carnage at mulsanne as the track wouldn't dry, I reckon the exit is still damp. Some of the best racing I've had on pcars2. People move on though. Bring on RTEC 2.0
    nigegunz likes this.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

in a world where anything is possible, Trump as prez or Familia waxing lyrical about the rtec glory heydays, Nurburga may just see a return to the heady halcyon heights of a time gone by
    #fullgrid@Nurburga
    v8power383 and Telum like this.
  13. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

just to clarify the situation for you guys, we've basically tweaked each event according to who turns up on the night & it's always been great fun. pretty sure I've got you Coxy on my friends list, @JJ_Penguin post your PS call sign here so we can send you invites. it's a multi class event but if we only get halfa dozen or so we'll run GT3
    28th Sept is the 80mins of Nurburgring GP, 30min qualy to start at 7.30 which also gives time to find a tune (guys are always happy to share a setup if you dont have time), the race to start at 8pm. it's all very casual until the racing kicks off so pack your tinnies/smokes & hope to see you there
    PaulCox and v8power383 like this.
  14. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Cheers! PSN JJ_Penguin_86
    But after all that I'm going away the weekend of 28th!!! Damn it I'm really keen for these kinds of races
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Sweet as....can we pick any gt3 or is it just the BMW showen on the first page
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

you can drive whatever you like Coxy
  17. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

cool Penguin, I'll add you to my list when i'm on next & also add you to the RTEC chat thread so you dont miss out on anything (you too Coxy)
    PaulCox likes this.
  18. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

PaulCox and v8power383 like this.
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Seen but don’t know anyone close to race with and can’t do 3 hours or so by my self...been reading the race rundowns from you guys afterwards and does seem great....scrap that...how the hell will a single person do 161 laps of Bathurst..6 hours or so without a pee...bejesus
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    v8power383 likes this.
  20. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

lol we made the pitstops under control of the ai so guys could at least get up for a wizz. disconnects are treated as a great excuse for a safety car so everyone retires & we restart minus a couple of laps. if you wanted to start the race & just wing it as to how far you could go im sure you'd be very welcome
    v8power383 likes this.