ACC SA and RC ratings?

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jan 23, 2020.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Funny thing since coming back is seeing hardly anyone is using the Singapore servers with higher restrictions we have up. Quite a few guys were using the low restriction Aussie servers then the few I spoke to said it was very poor racing in there. :rolleyes:

Like its a surprise that some people that can get into a server with SA40 cant race. I joined one SA50 server just then and it was so bad even though 30 started there were maybe 5 people reasonable to race with which still amazed me how people are so attracted to such servers. Our servers can whitelist any decent racers that don't yet have the rating up and are in Singapore so pings aren't a massive issue as they are on Aussie public servers. Anyone that can join that's not on the whitelist should be ok to race though SA is so easy now even 75 is a bit soft of a rating.

If nobody ever joins these servers first then they will always be empty, the lower rating servers get more numbers easier because there are many more crappy racers then decent ones. People at some point need to decide if they want better racing or crappy racing, there is only so much others can do for them.

Its not like you even have to be fast to get a decent SA rating and 3 track medals, speed is not the issue but the higher the rating the less likely people will hit you in that server. ;) Accidents still happen but will be much less common and if it looks like the standard of outsiders isnt good enough then we can always raise the restrictions. Its not an elitest attitude to have high SA restrictions as anyone that can race clean will get a good rating here, it just means they need to try and race clean, also now the ratings are so soft most league guys likely have SA99 these days yet many will still hunt out low restriction servers to join then complain that the racing in public servers is crap.
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. Wally

Wally Team Driver

And you can just meaninglessly grind SA with the AI.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Not sure why you would need to, mine hasn't moved off 99 in months and in that time I maybe did one AI race to test it. Just running MP gets that rating up to max pretty easily, if someone can get there with AI they should have some ability in traffic. ;)

The rating is completely meaningless beyond server entry restrictions, so why someone would grind it to get high then avoid even SA75 server makes no sense to me.
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Not sure its completely meaningless, still teaches you to not hit other cars, and AI can be more unpredictable
  5. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Yeah I find this frustrating too. Not even SA / RC rating wise, but I'll find myself on the odd occasion I get the chance to do a bit of running on the weekend finding myself joining a Euro or NA server as its the only one populated, despite knowing that this means I'll be returning a ping of like 225. Then Iog on and there's a bunch of racers on there from here or NZ or SE Asia based on their pings. It's like ffs guys, there are local servers we could all jump on and have a decent race without worrying that pings of 300 mean we cant get closer than 10 metres to each other without risking netcoding into each other.

But then on the other hand I confess because I am so time poor most of the time, when I do get the chance to run ACC outside of our league races, I don't much fancy sitting on an empty ROOZ or Octane Aus server in the hope someone else will join. For whatever reason, Australian servers still always appear so far down in the server browser no one ever seems to see them, and I have in the past spent nearly an hour on a local server hoping someone would turn up, and it never seems to happen.

Sooo arguably... I'm part of the problem :cry: