Season 10 Track Discussion

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Everyone get your suggestions and comments in.
    If you like all of the suggestions someone has put forward, post it! It is difficult to see what people agree with when they just like the post. A post of their own gives me greater insight into what exactly they are 'liking'

Try to get your posts in by 14-15th at the latest.

My suggestion for the tracklist:

Monza 80's
    Matterhorn Dristelen (new)
    red bull short sprint (new)
    Apricot Hill Reverse weather (new)
    ascari enduro (new)
    Rome
    Cape Ring Periphery (new)
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Gonna stick with my previous suggestions:
    • Daytona Road
    • 80's Monza
    • Mount Panorama
    • Tsukuba (Sprint)
    • Monaco (Street)
    • Ascari (Enduro)
    • Willow Springs
  3. its-benny-racer

Was also thinking about tyre rules, perhaps taking a leaf out of the F1 book from before this year with some additional requirements. Maybe this is getting too complicated but it would also mean you can leave wear and fuel usage on normal whilst still forcing tyre changes.
    Prime Tyre: Harder compound
    Option Tyre: Soft compound
    Rules: Both compounds must be used during the race with pits open from 1/4 to 3/4 race distance.
    Alternately: The hard compound must be used with pits open from 1/4 to 3/4 race distance.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Fast flowing tracks only for the 365.. so no Matterhorn, Monaco, Tsukuba, etc.
    Sierra
    Le Mans 2005 no chicane
  5. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    As posted earlier:
    • Monza 80s
    • Rome Reverse (sprint)
    • Ascari
    • Sierra (weather)
    • Daytona Road (endurance, 24 hour time cycle)
    • Côte d'Azur
    • Matterhorn Rotenboden
    Tire compounds: if single compound, sports medium. If dual compounds, medium and hard. I would consider fast wear.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    its-benny-racer likes this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I don't think I'll comment. my votes just seem to jinx whatever I choose.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I manually count people's suggestions and concerns so let loose
  8. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    ok, don't say I didn't warn you @Hatfield

Deep Forest
    Matterhorn Dristelen (new)
    red bull short sprint (new)
    Apricot Hill Reverse weather (new)
    ascari enduro (new)
    Rome
    Cape Ring Periphery (new)
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  9. its-benny-racer

I did some tyre wear testing. 15 min run around Monza on Fast wear. Used 43l fuel. SS tyres were LF 8, RF 10, LR 8 & RR 9. Rears wear slightly faster than fronts.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not picking my tracklist yet however I'd just like to say Ascari could prove difficult. This car has the tendency to bite back in slides at times and Ascari also has a lot of spots on track that if you make a mistake and cut the corner in means of not causing an accident, a lot of time is lost. Just putting it out there as something that may cause some problems.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    in all our testing at ascari in the 365, not once did it snap on me. However I know you are on a controller.

also plus 1 for sierra and daytona road
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Viperzed likes this.
  12. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I support:

Fast wear
    Less restrictions on tyres (the one set Option rule KILLS an Option/Option/Prime strategy versus Option/Prime. One set Options was an encumbrance on versatility last season [many races would have been so interesting to see which of the two were faster])
    Red Bull Short for the Sprint Round
    Ascari

I vehemently oppose:

Tsukuba Circuit

I'm indifferent to:

Everything else

----
  13. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Sorry for double posting, but I thought discusssion of this magnitude is deserving of more than an EDIT.

I fully support Benny's proposal & want to go even further. As my last post illustrated, the tyre rule last season sucked. It also got people disqualified.

I'll suggest something similar to current F1:

Have the SM as the mandatory control tyre, but SS or SH can be used as well. All tyre sets can be used infinitely, with the only restriction being SM must be used AT LEAST once.

The strategy implications are numerous & exciting. It means aggressive strategies can be pitted against conservative ones, the SM can be used twice for a borderline one-stop, or maybe the softs will last so that SM is a secondary tyre. The scale to which these effects are felt are dependent upon wear rates of course - this means that if mods & commentators so desire, a 'Normal' wear rate could instead ease the unpredictability & a status quo of tyres would emerge. But the key point being that there is no encumbrance against creativity. Bryan likes the SM as a control tyre, so I hope many would see this as beneficial also. Benny's F1 tyre regs fit very well in furtherance of my proposal.

---

Anyway that's just my thoughts. ROOZ 4 LYF, but seriously, other leagues have ingenious tyre rules, & ROOZ (EDIT - the Sunday league) sometimes needs to be pushed to embrace the GT sandbox.
  14. its-benny-racer

The only reason I added the pit window was to stop people doing 1 lap on the prime then the rest on softs.
    From my testing the regular season races are going to be fuel limited, 45 mins could require upwards of 120l of fuel so the pit window would not be needed. I do like Crunch's 3 tyre idea too.
  15. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Time for a left field track list

Tsukuba
    Mount Panorama (Into Sunset)
    Rome Reverse Sprint
    Spa Weather
    Ascari Enduro (Start sunset, finish morning)
    Monaco
    Apricot Reverse
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Thank you to Hat & the mod team for picking one the most liberal tyre regs ever! Also the tracks are so diverse & demonstrate such wealth in GT6 with real courses, GT classics, rain, night, sprints & enduros. Great car too - truly a season of incredible vibrance!

As to tyres again: probably the very best aspect is that with these tyre regs, practice is mandatory. Back in my F1 2011 days, I'd spend hours honing perfect strategies & even devising secondary contingencies if I needed to undercut a car in a particular window if it so happened in the race. If you didn't practise, you had no idea what strategy to use & you'd be eaten alive by others who understood the lifespans (and the cliff), the deltas, pit lane times to gauge margins to find clear air (which change by track) & the times you needed to drive at in order to reach your window.

This aspect of this season excites me beyond everything else! Let it be known that if your pace is not the best, if you put in the strategy research, you can fight at the front every week.