Season 11 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Alright time to give up on life for me
  2. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I did a little practise the other night, I can't remember the times but I was half a second off BMW and Bryan. Need to do a bit more before the race for sure.
  3. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Look forward to racing tonight.
    Cheers
  4. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

got it down to a 23.2 after getting scared off the track by Jays orangeness when my race became a go for the fastest lap effort. incredible times grassies, great race to the podium for ya. congrats to SS on a stella season & a huge thanx to y'all for some fantastic racing this season, i've learnt a bunch & had a great time
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Finally the end of what has been by far my worst season. Just never felt comfortable pushing this car which makes it hard to enjoy driving.

On a positive note, the brief example of next season's car tonight gives me something to look forward to. It may be a little understeer prone, but at least it feels connected and predictable.

Mind you, if you want some racing in a car that suffers no understeer issues, there's always F1 2016 on Thursday nights! :thumbsup:
    Hatfield likes this.
  6. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    PROVISIONAL
    Pole ssman
    FL Grassies

[​IMG]
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

2nd that. Wasnt really excited about the hsv. That being said. Happy with overall result in championship. Had some really good close racing.
    Looking forward to gtr however.
    F1 2016 is the place to be thursday nights.
    Hatfield likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

My problem is that I drive by feel, so I need to be able to feel when the front wheels are biting or sliding, and feel when the rear is on the limits of grip. GT6 is bad enough when it comes to wheel feedback, but for some reason the HSV makes it even worse.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Another congrats to ss. @grassies super drive. DOTD.
    Quali. Spun on first attempt and was 10th or so. Cruised around burning fuel till the last chance at a hot lap. Happy with a pb 23.900, put me 4th. Must of been close to two in front if they did .8s.
    Race. Havnt gotten that car off the line all season. Down to 5th straight away. From then on it was stay on black stuff and dont spin. Fastest lap was poo, but did consistent laps.
    Pit stop sucked, sat there waiting for traffic, but thats just how it goes. Didnt have the balls to go flat out just wanted to keep 3rd overall. Pretty sure of that.
    Been better then i expected this season. Not a huge fan of an untuned hsv. Bring on the gtr.
    grassies likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  11. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

what gtr for next season has been picked ?
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The main theme of my race was chasing Benny. I qualified 10th out of 13, surprisingly one place ahead of my speedy team mate. He made up for that by passing me around the outside at turn 1 and then Blacko passed me 2 corners later to demote me back to 12th. There was a little bit of chaos over the next half lap especially on the triple apex right after the inner track pits. I made up places through this and came out of the loop 8th with a bit of a gap ahead but a swarming pack behind me. I then found a new and interesting place to spin all by my self and ended up backwards off the racing line on the right hand bend over the hump 4 corners from the end of the lap. I had to wait for the whole pack to pass before it was safe to turn around by which time I was well behind. After a while I came across benny recovering from an incident at the top of the hill and sat behind him for awhile thinking this could be the start of a race long battle. Unfortunately we came across Nigel sorting himself out at about the same point of the track and benny got through cleanly but nigel either rolled or reversed back into me as I came to pass him sending me spearing into the fence. He obligingly let me go ahead first but by then benny was well away. Nige threatened me for a few laps and then fell back and I was starting to reel benny in again, then he made his stop on lap 8. I went on to lap 9 before pitting and came out a little closer to him than before.
    I started to work away at closing the gap to him again and Blacko was gaining on us and then dropping back again as we got to about 3/4 distance. Then Blacko got into my slipstream on the pit straight and dived up the inside into turn 1. I let him through unchallenged as I didn't want to lose time and planned to follow him through as I assumed he might be suffering worn tyres later in the race and I might be able to retake him and pass benny later in the race.
    He duly closed on Benny and I was sitting there waiting to see what would happen. Blacko unfortunately ran off track and then came back on on my outside as we entered the next corner and raced around the outside of me. I had to give him room on the exit and he powered away and I attached my self to his bumper, again benny had got some breathing room. Over the last few laps benny started to close on Viper and Russell was charging up behind us. Benny got around a struggling Viper fairly easily at the start of the last lap but Blacko and I caught him at the top of the hill. Blacko managed to power past him as we headed around the biiiig sweeping right hander but I didn't get to viper until the left/right wiggle at the end of that bend. I was gingerly trying to pick my way past him (he is my team mate after all) when I got a big whack in the back from Russell who closed right up as I hesitated behind Viper. The impact cannoned me forward causing me to side swipe poor viper on my way past. Russell followed me through and I then tried to bridge the gap to Blacko again. I was rounding up Blacko around the loop when Russell drove coolly past me on the inside and was straight onto Blacko's tail and they then battled from the end of the loop to the right hand hump where Russell squeezed past Blacko. I got onto Blacko's bumper again finally as we powered out onto the finish straight but couldn't get to him so finished 10th. I ended up only 2.8 seconds back but 3 places behind my race long objective benny. He was probably blissfully unaware of all the action going on behind him.
    All in all it was the most exciting (albeit frustrating) race of the season for me.:)
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    R35 TC
  14. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Throughly enjoyed my first experience racing with in a club enviroment.
    I tried to do my best to be fast , clean and respectful.
    Sorry to bmw, sorry mate tried to go around you.
    I should of stuck to my strategy , but i altered when others continued past my pit strategy
    A good learning curve i guess.
    Cheers
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  16. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

I think the more strategies involved with winning makes for better racing.
    Tyre changes and pit strategies all apart of racing and competition.
    And this makes you think more about your race, and how to go about being competitive
    Hope to race again soon.
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    What a great way to end my first season of Sunday league racing. Going into the race I had done about 5-10 laps of practise and about 2 or 3 clean laps (because spinning is too damn easy on this track!) so I didn't have many expectations tbh.
    Qually: Fastest lap was a 24.3 going into the night so when I heard div 1 guys and alot of you all doing 23's during the week I felt a little nervous. That first lap though just worked for me, I pushed it hard into some corners whilst missing a few apexes I didn't think it was going to be all that good until the 23.3 showed up. I stuffed up the next lap early and pulled over in shock. Basically a top 10 shootout lap in the end for me and worked out well.
    Race: Given the complete lack of practise and a 2/10 not spinning lap average, it was all about damage control. The early track position helped and the pace of @grassies and @BMWF30328 really had me going hard in those opening laps. Knowing I couldn't gap them cause I felt I'd spin if I went any harder, I just help my lines and hoped they'd make mistakes whilst battling. Fortunately for me that happened and even while battling they were matching my laps and I just focused on being cautious. When Grass pitted on lap 8, I felt the undercut was gonna happen, and when it did I thought about just bringing it home in second. Then he punched a 22 and I kinda gave up chasing him and trying to hold position in 2nd until the yet to stop gambler of @Viperzed was caught up to. I could see Grass having a look at him from a distance and after slowly getting back to within a second they went into probably the worst corner to go side by side in and the cloud of smoke erupted from the tarmac. (All seemed like a racing incident afterwards and close racing is always going to provoke a possible incident) After slamming the brakes, I saw the 2 emerge and avoided a follow up collision gifting me the lead. From then on it was much of the same for me, not going hard and keeping the gap knowing that grass was on 1 lap older tyres and holding it home to the finish. DOTD to Grassies cause even on those older tyres he kept closing the gap and I wasn't going to risk pushing harder to pull away knowing I'll probably spin.

And that wraps it up for me. It's been a pleasure to race against all of you in Div 2 this season, all being so helpful, friendly and competitive has really made it the perfect introduction to league racing. After Bathurst proves it, with the encouragement from alot of you to push me to improve and get faster to eventually win the Championship is amazing and I'm extremely thankful to all of you. Looks like I'll be taking the GTR to the Div 1 fellas and giving it my best crack there and just like Benny, I can't wait to drive a car that feels like a car! Big thanks to @its-benny-racer for hosting week in, week out aswell. Also want to thank @Hatfield for encouraging me to get involved after our titts races on Tuesdays, I've loved it, @Russell for being that 'man to beat' every week and to all the guys for turning up and producing some great, hard fast racing and giving me something to look forward to every week.

It's been a pleasure, 'ssman244'. *drops mic* *sprays champagne* *lifts old U12's cricket trophy for most improved to make the situation seem more authentic* :roflmao::thumbsup:
  18. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Disappointing race last night :(

Quali:
    My pace was non existent. Despite lots of required practice, controller really isn't ideal for Cape Ring and so I had to settle for P11. So much time was lost around the ring and other fast corners that it really wasn't worth even trying.

Race: A great start gained me 5 places for the first few laps but my horrid pace came back to plague me as I slowly dropped all the way back to 9th again. At that point I realised it wasn't worth fighting normally and dropping even further back and so I decided I'd take a gamble and do an impossible no stop. It had its desired effect as I took the lead by half way and I seemed on track to gain from my 9th place. @grassies and @ssman244 started to gain on me as expected however with my tires still not in terrible shape I decided I wouldn't simply step aside and let them run off as that'd be no fun. Grassies started having a sniff at me Turn 8 (Left hairpin) after a chicane mistake. Around the sweeping right he was right on me however i'm not sure whether he misjudged his line or lost sight of me but next thing I know, I've received an almighty tap at the rear and after a few squirms, I wasn't able to hold it taking us both out and leaving ssman to run off. Sorry for costing you a shot at the win Grassies but I suppose that's racing hey? Anyway after that chunk of time lost I fell into the clutches of everyone behind me, rendering my no stop useless as my tires had been burnt up extra and time lost which meant I couldn't retain my 9th. I slipped and slid all the way down to P12 but had great fun doing it! Tires in fact didn't drop off the cliff until the final time around the ring where the right side finally hit 1:1.

Great racing this season guys.I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't turn up to more of it but I suppose I just wasn't motivated enough. Judging by how Monaco went, I should've really showed up :( Next season in the car that might aswell have been chosen by Ben Smith himself will not be fun and I don't understand the appeal to a car that feels as if it has 2 tonne weights on the front of it but I suppose I'll try show up.
  19. its-benny-racer

I was certainly aware, you almost got close enough for me to have to go defensive but not quite, was a big relief once I got past Viper as that created enough space to prevent me from having to defend at any point.
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. grassies

grassies Rookie

PSN ID
    grassies
    G'day @Viperzed again sorry we had a coming together when you say hit you in the rear do you mean I drove into your rear bumper?