Season 12 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    SuperStig!!! :thumbsup:
    Russell and StigsTC like this.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    No marathon essay from me today. (Ok just a short one)

If @JonoStan96 has taught me anything, it is to treasure Div 1 wins because they do not come about very often. I will :thumbsup:.

Again I have to thank the team at BHR, @incey for guiding me around here for the first time, had no rhythm at all here until he showed me what to do, followed by the frankly thrilling pursuit races we did. Also thanks to @Jaycie for fixing my Turns 3 and 4 on Friday to give me another tenth on race day.
    Put in the hard yards testing this week trying to get a feel for the place and make the tiny gains that are the difference on these short tracks, heaps of long runs to feel out tyre wear and just as many qualifying simulations to make sure I could deliver it under pressure and it all paid off. Started 3rd with a low 47.5 and got a ripping start to claim 2nd into Turn 2, hoped I could hang onto it but got gifted the lead with Warrior getting tripped up just as SSman started to run out of tyres. From there got a clean stop and looked after the tyres in case of Warrior induced emergency.

Very happy to get a good result after the hard work and although I was rather handed the win, it was still friggen amazing.
    See you guys next week,
    StigsTC.
  4. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Didn't really know what to expect given I'd only done 30-40 laps of practise.
    Qually: All I'd really done was qually simulation and finding a fast lap, therefore with a minute left in the session I leaped onto the front row with a really good lap but nothing compared to warrior :eek:
    Race: Really poor start, everyone on the grid shuffled on my screen as the 5 lights showed and I almost jumped, then my mind set back to be careful and then I inevitably missed the jump completely and meant Stigs took me in the tunnel. As the laps progressed I found a groove and worked the bumper of Stigs lap after lap until I found that something wasn't quite right and my tyres were going A-wall! As I began dropping off Stig late into the stint and we came past a motionless Warrior, I just tried to keep the gap below 3secs before pitting. That's when it became win chance over, Pitting at the rear meant I was held for 4-5 seconds as 2 cars came flying into the pitlane :mad:. 2nd stint began trying to look after my tyres better, but without any proper practise I couldn't make any sort of speed with more careful driving, then the leaderboard had 1 name rising through the pack, he was coming alright, and with fresher tyres I could tell that Warrior could be all over the back of me at the end so I put the hammer down. My first and second drive on old tyres was proving a nightmare and made the last 2 laps the most stressful of my life, that feeling of holding him off was a relief and unbelievable from Warrior making all that ground back up.
    Well Done to Stigs, great effort with win #2, thoroughly deserved due to the amount of practise you've put in :thumbsup:
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if results stand, Congrats @warrior2167 on yet another GT6 Division 1 Championship!
    warrior2167 likes this.
  6. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    warrior2167 likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I figure 17, the last 5 of GT5 and now 12 straight in GT6
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  8. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Just getting ahead of myself for S13.. ;)
  9. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Yeah it'll be 18 in no time :laugh:
  10. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    had a good race but its a shame when lapped traffic starts to push to get their lap back and hinders your own race with the guy in front of you, but i gotta get better at having traffic behind me i guess
    Jaycie likes this.
  11. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Even though we weren't together on track all race holdenman, I felt like I was battling you and crunch all race. I just made a good call to put a lap earlier and get that undercut. Great race man!
    holdenman05 likes this.
  12. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    thanks jay i knew you were there lol. I has a new car last night on a car with no chassis rigidity add on, hopefully this has whats been hindering me as i use it religously, but i also had standard sized wheel on too so who knows
    Jaycie likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I tested with increased rigidity mid season and could never go as fast as standard. once you break the new car in I'll reckon you'll see improved times.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok Guys, The final driver briefing for the season :D

Can i first say to all GT6 guys, THANK YOU for your support this season.

I really hope that we see you all back for season 13, regardless of the car, for some more great racing.

R7 : 26th March
    31 LAPS

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS
    : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Be careful with the astroturf on exit of T1, 2 & 8 as it is slippery. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS FOR ADVANTAGE EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the dark at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples this season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes into 1.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : The Entry line starts before T7, however, you need not follow this as it will cause problems if others are following close. So you may ignore the pit entry line.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is short, so you may ignore it, however, do not quickly move across to the left of track.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    StigsTC likes this.
  15. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hi Stu,

I want to say to you that I think your original post on this subject was perfectly fair, clear and reasonable. If anybody took offence I can only assume they did not take it in the spirit that it was written. I can see how a reference to track limits might give certain individuals a feeling it was about them - but that was not the only reference only an example. I had a complaint the other week about the weather round. I was happy with the response I got from the moderators, replied with an apology and everything is good.
    To me it is the spirit about which you approach the game and the community. I finish mid to back of the pack in most races because I stick to the track limits and try my utmost not to make "questionable" moves. I make mistakes of course (as noted in my apology to APEX for the bump under early breaking at Indianapolis) but I don't believe it is ever a deliberate mistake where my ambitions outweighed my objectivity.
    As an example, last week Bob had a lose and was getting back up to speed. I could have tried to squeeze by but thought the consequence may disadvantage both of us so I stayed behind and gave him a push. He msged me after to thank me for what I did. Likewise the round before, I could have pulled a move on Brian under slip stream but decided to push him up the track for mutual benefit. If I see someone coming behind me who is clearly faster, I don't block either. I just try to minimise the time I lose in letting them go past. I don't see the point in slowing someone else down because I can't go faster. I am pretty sure most who have raced against me would attest that I never block. Some would say that I am not a racer if I don't defend. My response is what is it that I am defending? - I am slower. A race is about being the fastest - and if someone has caught me I am obviously not fastest. My mentality, in its pure form, is don't bring someone down to my level just because I can't reach theirs. Blocking is really an antagonistic act and I don't want to be an antagonist.
    At times I see people get the red mist on and they forget others are on the track trying to put in their best performance too and the net result is both parties (or more) end up losing when you don't drive smart and with courtesy. For me its a simple strategy of whether you can get a win/win racing those around you versus a lose/lose when you get it wrong. I know which I would prefer.. So Stu don't feel regret about your first post at all.
    KoAStR, Cyberstig1, Crunch and 8 others like this.
  16. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Umm is that the La Sarthe briefing? Mentions chicanes and darkness. Understand you guys are time poor so no probs if it is a cut and paste. Just wanted to check this is a day race?
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    LOL looks like I missed editing that out from the copy off stu
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    i think warrior announced he is taking a break and wont be entering S13
  19. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Round 7 Results (provisional)

[​IMG]

12 @Russell (RQ)

[​IMG]
    Russell 1:40.964
  20. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Just received word that I was disqualified for Spa, was I the only one ?

So looking at the points I finished with 124, barring any other penalties. Although I know I was sqeaky clean tonight, not once over the line:)
    Depends when it starts. I'm hopeful not before may, otherwise I'll miss the first couple of races.