Season 12 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Doesn't mention the Division handicap...:whistling:;)
    warrior2167 and t_b_williams like this.
  2. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Yep.

I'll try my best to fail for a 17th time :cry:
    Crunch, Hatfield, Beau_Albert and 3 others like this.
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You'll just have to sandbag the main season so the handicap is lower. You know, give the rest of us a chance to see you at the finish line of a race.
    ssman244 likes this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING

R1
    : 12th Feb - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 (with chicanes)(24hr time cycle) - 13 laps - 6am
    Wear - Normal
    Penalties : Off

[​IMG]

Ok Guys, PLEASE TAKE 5 MINS TO READ THE FOLLOWING AND LIKE IT WHEN YOU HAVE READ IT AND UNDERSTAND IT !

Welcome to Season 12.......hope its a great start to the season, 13 laps of Le Mans.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. As we run with penalties off, there are multiple areas to be careful of with track limits. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.
    PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.
    TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on approach for a clean entry into pit lane. On EXIT, drivers should remain within the exit lines, aware of fast approaching cars.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Good luck to everyone, please show RESPECT to other drivers, and race hard but FAIR.
    Hat / Mod team

(This message has been shamelessly copied from @stucar17 and edited accordingly ;) )
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Are we going to clarify how the blend between white lines and curb works in the mulsanne chicanes (on exit) as the white lines do not meet the curbs there?
    Or just do we just not care there because honestly who actually does? We've got the Dunlop Chicane, Tetre Rouge, Mulsanne Corner, exit of the Porsche Curves and the Ford Chicanes to actually police where advantage can be made.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if there is curb/ripple strip, you can use it instead of the line
  7. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

The main question for me is with exiting the 1st Mulsanne chicane (Seems to be known as the 'Forza Chicane' on some maps.) The white line is a good couple of feet from the ripple strip there so to aggressively attack that curb you tend to end up over the white line before you get to the ripple strip.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    as long as you have the 2 wheels on the ripple strip, you should be fine even if over the white line
    StigsTC likes this.
  9. its-benny-racer

So basically, we're only worried about the apex and exits of corners, but if a left exits immediately into a right, we would only worry about the apex of the left and the right (but not in between)?
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @MINT_GTR may make a few rounds this season
  11. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Any further developments on classes?
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Kindergarten for you young lad ;)
    ssman244 likes this.
  13. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Well if we're talking age, I guess compared to alot of you guys I am in Kindy :laugh:;)
    Easyprey007 and emmo46 like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Being worked on in the secret workshop.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Division B championship has been added, see OP
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Yeeeeeah nahhhh. I don't know about you guys, but I think Div1B is so pointless now.

Put 'ssman244' in Div1A guaranteed anyway.

Let everyone compete instead of just sitting back and being happy with being in the mid-field. I was never happy for a Div1B win... I ignored it the entire time. A real sportsman shouldn't be happy with getting beaten at all unless the cars are unequal.

Sure, keep it while we're still racing GT6, but if it hangs around with GT Sport, I'll be very perplexed, because there isn't a gap there at all.

Oh yeah, not to mention I had to use the normal Div1 handicap in the ROC anyway.... what's the point?

ssman244 has already won Div1B. Let's be completely and utterly honest here. We don't need this anymore because the pace gap has dematerialised. Div2 is an awesome challenger series like GP2 or the Dunlop series any day of the week.... ssman244 was the star of the developer series (Div2), so he gets a drive in the main game.
    ssman244 likes this.
  17. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Re - Crunch:
    To lose gracefully and accept that on the day you were defeated by a better opponent is also required to be a sportsman.
    I true COMPETITOR is unhappy losing at any time, but a sportsman is more than just a competitor, it is their character that defines them as just an ultra competitive narcissist (eg Vettel) or as a true sportsman who carries themselves with grace and decorum on and off the field like a Federer.
    For me the 1B title is pretty much an introduction to division 1, without it you can very easily be disheartened by fighting for 9th or 10th place and it feel like it doesn't mean anything while being miles off the guys at the front. It gives you a reason to come back and learn, improve and then do battle in the top division in a future season.
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    @StigsTC
    There's not much difference losing to the guys up front, and losing to ssman244, because he'll also be up the front.

You lose either way.

So to lose gracefully and accept that you were beaten is to actually give yourself the opportunity to compete, instead of psychologically locking off your own potential by thinking 'oh it doesn't matter. That guy is in Div1A anyway. There's not much point chasing him.'

If you subscribe to the school of psychology where you need to give all the kids participation awards, then that's fine. I come from a different school. I'd be so goddamn happy fighting for 9th or 10th place knowing that the 8 or so drivers in front at the best 8 in Australia.

The division split falsifies the true achievement in my opinion. I'll continue to be happy just participating in Div1 forever and not taking my place for granted. I don't need a Div1B championship victory to make me feel like a fast or valuable driver. I had to crawl back up from Div3. It was disheartening the entire way through when I'd get placed in those divisions, so I renewed my effort and got back here. I was succeeding every race that I got better. And because I'm a very logic orientated thinker, I knew that false divides such as division splits would never sate me in my desire to get better and win. It's an artificial championship. It's an artificial divide - and before you get uppity about it, just think once again how easily ssman224 is going to run away with the Div1B championship. Why is getting beaten by Warrior so soul crushing yet being beaten by ssman224 is apparently a lesser blow? That doesn't add up. Face ya destiny and get rekd in Div1, hahaha.

Also, everyone knows Federer doesn't exist; he's a myth like Bigfoot. hahaha

Oh yeah and while I'm at it... I'll defend Vettel because he's not winning at the moment so I like him =)
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Crunch, there has been a division 1B now for the last 8 seasons. I read between the lines that you want ssman to be 1A and if he stays 1B some of the 1As are not going to like being beaten by him. Whether he is A or B shouldn't matter as to whether you beat him or not. The 1B division was implemented to give those fighting over the lower positions behind the handful of aliens something to aim for. Since the inception of 1B it has been the norm for the winner and sometimes a few of the runner ups from Div 2 to be promoted to 1B. There is scope for exceptional performers to skip 1B but as yet it hasn't been done.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

It was skipped for Bob, he went straight to 1A after destroying Div 2 in the 908.