Season 12 - Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Dec 8, 2016.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have reviewed the lap and race times for the last three races of last season and @ssman244 will be moved to 1A.
    @BMWF30328 @holdenman05 @natmanscoop @Jaycie and @Russell , do any of you wish to be removed from 1B
    ssman244 likes this.
  2. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Tbh I think there's quite some over estimation going on with me haha. The stats don't show it but Russell was probably faster than me in at least half of the races in the HSV and when BMW practised well he was no doubt pushing me in those races. All I'm saying is that I don't think an A or B would be needed, because after warrior, every other position in the table is anyones guess. But It's up to the rest of you guys to decide whether to keep B or not. Competing in 1A is fine by me, especially after Bob and I's practise race last night (10 position changes in 2 laps and half a second separating us at the end :thumbsup:). Just looking forward to some good racing.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hey hey don't sell @AUSnicko9 short!
    AOCleaner74 and StigsTC like this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I beat Bob home by 0.129 seconds in our practice race the other night too:). (It was only three laps and he spun on the last lap:oops:)
  5. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Hope he can make all the races! Forgot about his warrior beating capabilities :eek:
  6. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    if u burned the world supply of p cars disks, everyone would be racing gt6 and a few of us(namely myself) wouldnt be in div1 at all. 1b is good for the minnows/stuck in a rut drivers who are not the insane freak of nature race drivers as the 1a peeps are.
    besides.... 1b means nothing in terms of points for the teams champs and overall div 1 glory, just a name in a table at the top of the main page
    Easyprey007, StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    it was most good of you to read between the lines @emmo46
    That was probably my main aggravation, because a second championship with ssman224 in it is hardly a second championship at all.

I'll just end by reiterating that I hope by the time GT Sport is here that there'll be a full grid of 16 Div1 drivers. That'll definitely happen what with an influx of drivers from all manner of places and experiences.

EDIT: @holdenman05
    The gap between Div2 and Div1 currently is practice. I've been saying it for years now- any Div2 driver can make a Herculean jump to Div1 if they eat, sleep and play GT6. Likewise, any Div1 driver that doesn't practice can jump into Div2 and still get podiums. Everyone in Div2 is talented and has honed their driving skill for thousands of hours. The last 5% is the slog of doing lap after lap on the same track upcoming this Sunday. It's just what you need to do...

You're very capable of getting a Div1 podium regularly @holdenman05 ; but you need to believe that you can do it. Being partitioned to Div1B only hurts your confidence.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    seth123, Jaycie and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Now that's a great idea!
    Zachery and holdenman05 like this.
  9. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

After a couple of short races and a full length last night a few points have become clear about track limits. They are being abused, but mostly to run off areas to the outside. I decided to run a few laps with penalties on strong to see what the game considers being inside and the outside track limits. Interestingly no matter how wide I ran into outside run-off areas there was no penalty. However cutting chicanes and other corners was penalized. I feel it would be a policing nightmare for stewards and drivers alike to have outside run-offs and corner cutting up to scrutiny. Wide positioning for corner entry also being a factor, especially at Mulsanne Kink.
    I propose that we mirror the games full penalties criteria with our track limits to prevent a possibly ridiculous protest count and prevent the race becoming a farce. This would mean outside track run offs are there to use, including area between lines and outside barriers on straights. But all chicane and corner cutting to be policed and penalized harshly. This would mirror the way the game views the track limits. The track and car seem likely to throw up close and exciting racing, and I think if we mirrored the game full penalties criteria it would promote that with far less discrepancy.
    WOLFYDADDY007 and ssman244 like this.
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I agree that this race has the potential for a lot of corner cutting, but with respect, I disagree in regards to run-off.

I'll be looking at every single driver who finishes ahead of me to make sure they're not being flippant. If that isn't enough to keep those ahead of me between the White lines, then good luck to you because you'll probably be cutting no matter what the policing strategy. That's my personal warning to those who don't take it seriously. I've put a lot of effort into keeping between the lines and being fast. I expect those who beat me to do the same.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The off-track tarmac on the straights between T1 & T4 on the map will be acceptable to use. BUT not the corners (including entry/exit).
    The two kinks after T1 and before T4 will be considered as 'straight'
  12. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hey legends,

Will be on the grid for tomorrow nights race :thumbsup:

Also doing some practice tonight... well now if anyone is on, feel free to join :D
    Crunch, B-Spec Bob, seth123 and 3 others like this.
  13. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Who the bloody hell let this bloke back in here:eek:....:mad: thought he got carted off to Europe or some weird place:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:;););) Edit: Have just realized what your season car is in GT6....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  14. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Hahaha thought I should represent Team Nismo :inlove::laugh:
    SPL Racing and Easyprey007 like this.
  15. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Yeah @emmo46 I'm happy dropping down to Div.2, ain't got time to practice and be competitive in Div.1.
  16. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    This man calls us legends.

Dafuq??
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Of course he does. Who else got him to the top?

He wouldn't be where he is without the full weather/damage series loss to yours truly to really steel his resolve
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    ssman244 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    One of the more messy races I've been a part of, I think it's definitely server based though, we never had ping pong issues like this back in the glory days. Not particularly happy but I hope it cleans up next week. I was trying to help me and warrior get back into the race by bump drafting him but I disconnected. Boo.