Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

yeah, ive gotta run in the mid 47s to get it to 28, last run was down to 2 as i entered pitlane
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    generally, through testing it has been found that the car is slower with improved rigidity applied

you still need to restore rigidity though or the car becomes even more loose
  3. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Good news. I can race tonight thanks to getting everything sorted during the week and weekend. Not touching the game since tuesday night also helped. Predicting mid pack for me so far. Did a test before and made part way through lap 28 before the front right tyre went down to 3. Was also testing standard size wheels and no improved rigidity which felt good to drive.
  4. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Tis good news. More on the grid. You're getting further than me. 2 before lap 28.
  5. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Seems kinda lucky with that right now. Will see how the race goes tonight
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I am running a little late getting kids to bed so I may miss qually
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

That was prettt good example of needing mics in a room. 80% of field in the tunnel before I've started.
    Would of been nice to call a restart. Well done podium anyways.
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    sorry mate, I didn't recall seeing anything in the chat. I thought you'd stuffed up the start or had wheel trouble.

I didn't have time to do any practice and so qually became just that.
    Started 7th (i think) and got a decent start and ended up circulating in 4th.
    True to many other people's words, it was very hard to pass, as no one was passing me.
    Ended up splitting the field with those in front and the rest stuck behind me.
    My slow pace was to save tyres which worked well as I actually started to catch the guys in front near the last 1/4 of the stint.
    Ended up finishing third, holding off the fast charging recovering @Knuckles
    AOCleaner74 likes this.
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

def grounds for a restart, like Hat i thought you'd fluffed it somehow
    great race tonight apart from this, wouldve been better to have you with us up front with luck & benny
  10. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Would of liked to think someone noticed. Still dont know.of i can make next week so it cost me dearly.
  11. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Lol. That would be a massive stuff up. Good win. Despite what was said. It is possible to overtake. But i had to change to a 2 stopper to do it.
  12. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

A good quali lap got me into the top 5.
    But from the the start got pushed up against the wall from lucky trying to avoid the mayhem.
    From then on it was a frustrating battle to get around hat.
    Used up way more tyre life trying to make a move on him.
    This isnt a good choice of track,considering it offers no overtaking opportunities.
    I also feel a restart was in order.
    I think if your sticking to a slower race pace to avoid tyre wear and others are obviously quicker then you should move over as i did when nige and knuckles and bmx
    were showing a faster pace from behind.
    A few lessons to be learnt from this meeting
    I was going to go with a 2 stop stratergy if i could maintain a top 4,5 position through out the race.
    But that couldn't be achieved with my position.
    A bit dissapointed and frustrated,but that just makes it all the more interesting
    lap 24 i had an opportunity to get around hat,but from a mistake and off the drive line
    He speared back in front of me causing me to lock up and run wide into the next corner and loose 2 spots.
    I think your tactics were a bit selfish mate sorry gota be honest.
    And several people were frustrated by your stratergy methods.
    All in all a better show of consistency for me.
    Look forward to the next outing
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had similar issues in Div 3, I qualified 4th but even though I started as well as those ahead of me, Turbo got a blinder from 5th and passed me well before turn 1. I didn't realise how significant an influence this was going to have on my race. I had planned to just sit in behind the lead pack and see what panned out but I lost 6 seconds in the first 4 laps bottled up behind turbo as he bounced from wall to wall. Eventually he moved over for me on the straight after a complete debacle saw us both in the fence coming onto the straight but that had slowed us enough for Arnold to get a run past me on the straight. I was then bottled up behind him for another 12 laps and was by then 21 seconds back from the leaders. I had to abandon my one stop strategy as I suspected Arnold was also 1 stopping which meant I would probably be stuck for the whole race. My only option ( apart from a dickhead risky pass that would see me into the wall and then get the place on protest) was to pit extra early to allow an under cut if Arnold was two stopping or try to make up the extra pit stop time on him in 20 laps if he one stopped. He one stopped and I hadn't made up the difference so after my two stops I was still about three seconds behind but this time I was on much better tyres than him. He resisted but eventually I was able to get around the outside at turn 3, got pushed into the wall but somehow managed to scramble out of the corner ahead, maybe Arnold had ceded.
    The leaders of course were well gone by this stage so I just pressed on and made 15 seconds over Arnold by the end of my last stint. All very very frustrating.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I don't agree about the moving over if people behind are quicker

sorry about lap 24, I have yet to look at the replay
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I agree that you don't have to move over, I wouldn't, but it is frustrating on a track like this where the possibility of being bottled up for the whole race is very real. But that's racing. I had to throw my race plan out the window and adjust the plan to focus on just getting that one place back.
  16. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Im with @Hatfield on this one. You dont have to move over. Thou it was much appreciated razor. I was only planning on stopping once but i had to try something. Even with fresher tyres its hard to overtake without a mistake. I admit i made quite a bit of contact with hat. Mostly the grip i had under brakes. Tried to make sure i let him go again to have another run later. His gtr was about a foot shorter then when he started. Bit like the v8 volvo. Didnt get replay before benny left. A look at the start from other drivers would be good.
    Razorpod50 and Hatfield like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does any one have results and lap times?
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    At a normal venue where you have to defend to stay ahead of faster cars you would be more likely to move over as trying to hold your place early is just costing you major time.
    But this was the Monaco scenario - you don't have to do much but drive well to stay ahead. At which point if you can keep these guys behind you, you can do so for the whole race, so you may as well as it isn't costing you anything to try.

So if next week I hear about someone blocking the hell out of the first 5 laps losing 4-10 seconds, I don't want to see quotes of guys saying you don't have to move over. You do not HAVE to move over, but if it makes sense to protect your overall race time and thus finishing position, then why wouldn't you?
  20. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Fair enough mate no problem.
    Hatfield likes this.