Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Poor qualifying saw me start 2nd last again. Then I got caught up in the start dramas. After that I started to drive back through the field, good tyre wear allowing me to occasionally take time off the leaders. Too many mistakes on my part cost me a chance of a podium when I was easily able to match hat for tyre wear while running a bit quicker. That's racing though and looking forward to the final round now that I have finally started to make the car work for me.
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Without doubt, my qualifying result was about as unexpected as I could imagine, the only practice I did around this track was literally after I opened the race room. Somehow managed to time a stop for a 3rd set of tyres perfectly as I came around to start my flying lap just before the 10min mark, threw everything at it and wound up with my 1st league GT6 pole.

My lack of practice showed in the opening laps as Nige and Luck managed to pull a swifty on me into the 1st 2 corners.

Once I got settled in I started working on getting back past Luck which I was able to do after a mistake. From there it was watching Nige slowly drive away but was happy to also build a gap behind me.

Pitted after 27 and was pretty much by myself for the rest of the race, not able to consistently catch Nige and had Hat keeping the rest at bay behind me.
    Hatfield, Knuckles and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Ok Guys, The final driver briefing for the season :D

Can i first say to all GT6 guys, THANK YOU for your support this season.

I really hope that we see you all back for season 13, regardless of the car, for some more great racing.

R7 : 26th March
    31 LAPS

[​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS
    : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. Be careful with the astroturf on exit of T1, 2 & 8 as it is slippery. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS FOR ADVANTAGE EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. Obviously, this is a higher chance in the dark at the chicanes. We have seen a few examples this season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes into 1.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : The Entry line starts before T7, however, you need not follow this as it will cause problems if others are following close. So you may ignore the pit entry line.
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching. The exit line is short, so you may ignore it, however, do not quickly move across to the left of track.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted.
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
  4. its-benny-racer

So if Knuckles is absent this week, I would need to win to have a chance in the c'ship, but if nige finishes 2nd or better he wins unchallenged?
  5. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

With the drop rounds nige probably only needs to finish to jump me.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Nigel Burley would need at least 3rd with 2 bonus points to win
    but if you win, you would still beat him by a point if he scored 3rd with bonus points

you could win with a bonus point to win on countback against nige in 2nd with no bonus

there are many possibilities, so just try and beat each other lol
  7. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I am still about 50/50 to make it. But no motivation to practice.
  8. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That is correct, If Knuckles doesn't show he will be on 116 points. You currently have to drop 7 points so you will need 18 points (a 1st, 2nd or 3rd with 2 bonus points) to get ahead of him. If he shows up you will need to win and he would have to be 3rd or lower.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I did that all wrong, that is what Nige needs, what hat said is right.
  10. its-benny-racer

I need to win, even 2nd with F/L and Pole puts me on 114 I think.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    To win it you need Knuckles to finish 6th or lower if he shows up and for Nige to finish 3rd or lower. Bonus points would make a difference either way.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

how come no motivation? you've been consistently on it & the fastest all season...
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Just a really poo week at work so far. Jumped on last night for a sec. Was lost.
  14. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    About the same for me practicing too. Only practice session I'll be doing is tomorrow night so far.
  15. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy
    Good racing tonight and finally pulled it all together. Reversed my qualifying form to start 4th after setting a pb on the first flying lap (quite unusual for me).Started well enough and had a good battle with @Adronaught for a while until he spun coming off the final turn to hand me the race lead as most people had pitted by then. Did my best from there to hold out a rapidly closing @its-benny-racer who got the gap down to 0.2 only to run out of fuel after the final corner on the last lap. Held on to win the race in what has otherwise been an up and down season. Hard luck to both @Adronaught and @its-benny-racer who both had a single problem that cost them a shot at the win. Congrats to @Knuckles for winning the title and good racing everyone this season.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't have any practice, and with the info filtering back to me about how close the 1-stop/no stop was, it was always going to be difficult.
    I used qually to do a 4 lap fuel saving stint and the numbers looked good so I planned to go for it.

Unfortunately, I had a spin and with the close field, that was it for me. Also, I saved too much fuel and so could push hard for the final 10ish laps to keep out of reach of @Luckgoesmyway who had some trouble and was going the 1-stop

Well done on the championship @Knuckles
    bmx_mtb_boy and POPPINFRESH1234 like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Hatfield The two images are the same. do you have the lap times?
    StigsTC likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    yes. something went wrong with the upload. It is fixed now
    emmo46 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield