Season 12 Entry Thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    oops...didn't I say I was in? must've been S11...I'm definately running for Team l'Orange!
    incey and Hatfield like this.
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Très confiant que le patron de l'équipe orange est heureux avec votre performance
    Adronaught likes this.
  3. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Yea I'm in for season 12
  4. Jaycie

Jaycie Rookie

PSN ID
    Jay-R51
    Yes I'll be back for season 12!
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Im out. Gt6 doing my head in. Sorry lads
    seth123 likes this.
  6. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    What's wrong? I think I can speak for the community that we're here to help.
    Knuckles likes this.
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Just the driving feels so disconnected for me compared to ps4 titles i play. I was all excited to get gt and give it a crack, but now the initial excitement has gone im finding i dont have the motivation to play like i do with F1 or used to with pcars.
    seth123 likes this.
  8. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

One thing the Japanese series makes very clear is the poor wear model. In the Viper at Suzuka, I'm finding the difference between 9/9 wear on the front and 8/8 is 1.5 to 2 seconds a lap. And because wear is not linear, the grip level and balance of the car can change dramatically very suddenly. And the same happening for fuel can mean that the handling can suddenly improve from 1 lap to the next.
    From what I have seen, the best simulators actually do their best to calculate grip levels and weight transfer in real time and with small enough increments that there is no sudden change in handling. This is the sort of thing that PD must fix in GTS otherwise I'm not sure I'll even bother with it, if I want arcade I'll play Need for Speed.
    bmx_mtb_boy and Zachery like this.
  9. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

how does iracing do with regards to this ?
  10. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

This video shows how Forza Motorsport does it (and has done since FM3)

The telemetry grip levels on each wheel depicted as a circle, this is calculated in real time based on how much weight is on the tyre, how much grip the tyre has based on compound, tyre width, road surface etc. The line in the circle shows how much of the available grip is being used at any given time. If the line passes the edge of the circle the tyre slips.

Note: you can also see how it actively calculates suspension travel, and the real time camber angle of each wheel since that affects grip level. Hence why camber, caster and toe adjustments actually do what they should do.

This physics model also allows for changes in tyre width, far too complex for the GT6 physics engine.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    haha @Zachery Wait until you try RS's on 1-1, set a lap time and try and beat it on fresh hards :) :) :)
  12. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    @Hatfield ill be hanging around for next season .
    incey, WOLFYDADDY007 and Hatfield like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    are you struggling with anything driving wise?

What cars did you try?
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    No he means the entire game
    Zachery likes this.
  15. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Maybe @GOWIE22 has a few tips? He's moved from PCars to GT6 recently as well.
  16. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    GT5 Spec 2.0 did have a rudimentary tire load indicator, but for some reason it wasn't included in GT6.
    [​IMG]
    6-16 Tire Load Indicator In-game description:

"These four circles represent the four wheels, as viewed from above (the tp of the screen is the front of the car). The gray circles represent the tires' maximum grip, while the constantly changing white circles represent the amount of grip currently being used.

When these circles are pushed to their maximum during corning, braking and acceleration, this shows that more of the tires' grip is being used. Gaining a better understanding of how far the grip of your tires can be pushed will allow you to improve your driving performance and reduce lap times.

When you drive over protruding curbstones etc, the circles for the corresponding tires will flash red. This shows you that the supension for those particular tires is bottoming out. Bottomed out suspension can affect a car's behavior under extreme conditions, so it can be helpful to take careful notice of these alerts."
    StigsTC likes this.
  17. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Nah my drivings fine. Pace is good. Just feels poo in general, which doesnt become apparent until driving some faster cars. Cant feel under or oversteer, and damn the sounds werent great. Dont mean to bag on GT6 but yeah i found it pretty average.
  18. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
  19. Luckgoesmyway

Luckgoesmyway Rookie

20. bmx_mtb_boy

bmx_mtb_boy Rookie

PSN ID
    bmx_mtb_boy