Season 13 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    You definitely had the pace on me mate.

Qualified mid pack as I wasn't confident in the car. Noticed some of the front runners not on the racing line through corners so once the race started, I thought I would give that a go.
    Pitted lap 2 for fresh air and found that indeed the car was quicker and more stable off the racing line.
    Started passing people as they pitted and was up to 2nd.
    The the rain started to ease and it was time to find when should I get back on the racing line which would be drying quicker.
    Luckily for me, razor spun so I could bring home second.

Well done @aranteamo , too quick
    aranteamo and emmo46 like this.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Qualied 8th and finished 8th. Meh. Best race yet for me this season but still wasn't overly enjoyable, especially qualifying, but that's what you get for not practicing any during the week.

Got a mega start and made it into 4th by T2, then skipped by Cola I think it was soon after. Tried to follow Razor for a few laps and was able to do so, but then a couple of little slip ups on my behald saw him start to pull away. Then I decided to get the pitstop out of the way and maybe try and get some clean air end of lap 9, but I never really recovered position from that point as I would make mistakes/spins here and there and lost ground to the midpack.

Chased Emmo around for a bit, but each time I'd get close i'd drop back with a half-spin or something. Cola got me penultimate lap as I spun again while pushing on the drying track.
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Absolutely fantastic drive from @aranteamo :thumbsup: Unfortunately a stellar performance from @Bluemoon as well, FL of the night mate:eek: Div 1 for you next week.;)
    I think I dodged a bullet last night as I was really struggling and the concentration left me with a headache at the end of the night. I am very pleased to have finished only 1 place behind moon with a last minute lunge to snatch 5th from @Adronaught. I had given up trying to catch him only to be able to sail by on the run to the line. I should have given up earlier.:confused:
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  4. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I couldn't get over how much faster @aranteamo was in the opening stages, at least 4 seconds A LAP faster than anyone else. By lap 5 the gap was well over 20 seconds to 2nd.
    aranteamo, Russell and Bluemoon like this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    depressing huh :(
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Actually @aranteamo gave me a fright, I could see from the leader board you were still chasing me and towards the end of the race a car started to gain on me at an alarming rate. I assumed it was you and was packin it. When it got close enough I realised it was ara about to lap me. I was disappointed to be lapped but at the same time relieved it wasn't you closing in on me.
    aranteamo likes this.
  7. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237

That was a great race. I was able to breathe easy out in front after building a commanding lead. The real battle for me started in the last 5 laps, i had caught up to adro who seemed to be flying. Thats when i realized that the track had been drying up and was now at 82% and i had lost my fastest lap to razor :eek: I tried hard to get passed adro and nearly crashed in the process then finally i got passed and found clean air with just over 3laps to go. Answered straight away with a faster lap then went blow for blow with razor till the last lap. i believe i was let of the hook when razor had run out of clean air. Then Moon had the final say and took fastest lap by a nose length. Well done!!
    Well done razor bit unlucky & well done Hatfield 7th to 2nd and learning the track during the race, amazing resilience shown
    This is one hell of a championship we've got going on!!!:thumbsup:
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    mate it is close !!

I was pleased to find the pace during the race. Similar thing happened many seasons ago at tokyo in the mclaren...
    Qualified poorly then found some pace/consistency during the race to grab the podium
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    did anything change from the last page?
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yep, I didn't cut enough, all fixed now.
  12. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Yeah i should of pitted earlier around 16/17 i had a big enough gap to keep my position at that point.
    But once again concerned myself with what was going on behind me.
    Traffic wa hard to overcome under such difficult conditions.
    But all up the competition is alive and competitive.
    Great racing by everyone.
  13. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

I think he went with a bita traction control....
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    I turned on my TC to 2 for the race, that certainly helped my start out, but not much else, LOL.
  15. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    No 0 traction control :thumbsdown:
    Just a history of driving on slippery roads in a tray back ute exploring the limits of traction lol
    Russell, Hatfield and Razorpod50 like this.
  16. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Need a few gravel tracks to lol
    aranteamo likes this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Round 5 : 21/5
    Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway - 57
    laps
    [​IMG]

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. The only exception is the ripple strip between pit exit & main straight. You should not cross into the pit lane at all

CONTACT : IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group. We have seen a few examples last season of contact to the rear of another car, pushing them off track. This is the classic redress situation. PLEASE REDRESS IF YOU DO THIS TO AVOID A PENALTY.

PASSING : When a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.

TURN 1 LAP 1 : Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that you can't win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikaze passes into 1.

COMPULSORY PITSTOP : All drivers must make a compulsory pitstop.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : Both are reasonably straightforward, however DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain left on the exit of the previous corner for a clean entry into pit lane. Be aware of those around you when making your entry
    On EXIT, drivers should be aware of fast drivers approaching when the game releases control to you

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Please be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty. For cars making the pass (leaders), you still have a responsibility to avoid contact with slower traffic

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season we will again be using the stewards group for racing infringements and protests. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........You have until 12PM monday night to submit a protest, and 12PM Tuesday night for your evidence to be submitted (ie video).

http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

NOTE : We will be tweaking the penalties / penalty table a little this season, to give a little more wriggle room with how the penalties are handed out, and for the severity of the 'infringement'. This is still a work in progress however and may not be finalized before round 1.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    48 laps seems a bit short, 90 minutes is 5400 seconds. we are doing 93 -94 second lap times, 5400 / 94 = 57.5 laps. take a 1/2 lap off because we are doing a pit stop so at least 57 laps. 48 laps would be about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hmmm.

so you propose we change to 57 laps?