Season 14: The Tifosi Have Spoken!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, Feb 8, 2018.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Suzuka would be my first choice if there’s a decent mod out there
  3. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Thought I’d give something a bit different a shot and see how I’ve progressed in pace at Silverstone by trying the two challenges I’ve struggled to get gold in there, the SF70H and the Porsche 911 RSR. The SF70H feel soo numb and soul less compared to the F2004 it’s crazy. The Porsche felt like I was driving in slow motion which was a weird feeling. Both challenges took under 5 laps though :)
  4. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Godzilla, have you tried the F138? my pick of the f1 bunch.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Not for a while but that was my favourite. The F2004 just feels so alive, the sound is the best of them all by far as well.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having tried the versions of Suzuka, Albert Park, Monaco and Montreal I really wouldn't recommend any of these.

Suzuka visually looks pretty nice but the track has a weird washboard effect in every corner and very annoying on my wheel. A non direct drive wheel likely wont be as bad or possibly not even feel this but it just feels horrible and is simply due to a low poly surface.

Monaco, track seems ok visually and drives ok. Probably not the best for a race but it also is un driveable as the car cant make the hairpin without reversing back and taking a second bite.

Albert Park, the version linked really is quite poor. The track itself seems a bit out, the curbs are weird AF with some sort of big wave going through it nothing like a real curb. Comparing to any official track or proper scratch made one this makes a poor real world layout considerably worse.

Montreal of the tracks I tested is probably the best made, however the track surface is completely flat which is highly unlikely for a street circuit. At least it doesn't have the low poly mesh but is quite bland to drive compared to any well made mod or scanned track.

Looking at all other f1 track mods I doubt there will really be any that are very good. Possibly we could race something that wouldn't be typically raced in f1 for safety reasons. Like Bathurst or Nords, or run one of the well made scratch built mods or even Paul Ricard which is being used for f1 this year. There is a very well made mod version of this track though I don't know which layout f1 is using.
  8. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Suzuka would be awesome if there is a good mod. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Monza or Imola so I'd welcome other mod options....except for Monaco :unsure:
    I did a few laps around COTA, Bahrain, Shanghai, and Hungaroring from this site:
    http://assettocorsa.club/en/tracks.html
    They aren't Kunos standard by any stretch but if there's no problems with them could be good fun, @marty maybe you could examine if you're interested?

Just one lap of each. Sorry about the quality :rolleyes:

Anyway see you guys on the server tonight - good luck every one.
    Go TTB! :sneaky:
    marty likes this.
  9. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Noremac, Godzilla and jlynn777 like this.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

server is up
  11. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

12. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

Ahh, what could've been that race. Only started practice with 2 hours to go before qual, so to get where I was, I don't think I did too bad.
    Lack of practice on worn tyres caused me to have a couple massive moments almost destroying the car two or three times. I was very lucky to be able to get back up to fourth. Well done to the winners
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks guys was a fun race, a bit boring up front as I just tried to manage a gap and get it home clean after a poor result last round. Well done to @tezpez85 who kept me honest and all lapped traffic was trouble free though some guys maybe slowed a bit more then they really had to with a couple that nearly caught me out as they slowed and changed lanes at the same time. :D
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

What could have been indeed... got away well this time but managed to lock the rear brakes at the end of the first lap loosing a spot, then on turn four the car just wouldn’t stick and completely spun me around, probably combo of flat spot and fuel load. Managed to work my way up to 6th by the end and though that wasn’t too bad given the start only to lose 2 places in the last chicane, that one hurt more then the lap 2 issues given how hard it was to get those two places
  15. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Well that was tough. Congrats to the podium well deserved. Also apologies to who ever I rotated coming into the final corners , I dipped the wheel on the ripple and when I started braking couldn't control it.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

If that was on the last lap then that would be me
  17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Nah about lap 20ish
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]
    marty likes this.
  19. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

That was a lot of fun, and pretty nervy for me trying to keep position against the likes of Rolz and Vanzr. They had car pace, but couldn't convert into a pass. Very lucky to get 3rd considering the much faster racers around me.
  20. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

At least @marty managed to convert a front row start to a win, well done mate
    Mr.McGibblets and marty like this.